Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
panopticon
Demi-God
 
panopticon's Avatar
 
Location: Scotland
Posts: 477
Default Lostprophets attempt to bash B0lly

Haha, just watching some Reading highlights with Zane Lowe.

That lostprophets wanker bashed SP while he was being interviewed. To which Zane replies "Pumpkins rule" and it cuts away.

Seems everyone is jumping on the "theres no iha" bull...

 
panopticon is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,016
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by panopticon
Seems everyone is jumping on the "theres no iha" bull...
except its not totally bull

 
redbull is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
<sp3
****
 
<sp3's Avatar
 
Location: live free or die
Posts: 1,057
Default

i have a lost prophets cd that i got for free. I listened to it once and then put it in my "well ill probably never listen to this cd again" pile.

 
<sp3 is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
panopticon
Demi-God
 
panopticon's Avatar
 
Location: Scotland
Posts: 477
Default

yeah he might not be there but who gives a fuck. it's not like SP reformed without Billy and besides he's replaced the members who didn't return with body doubles anyway. :P

 
panopticon is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
ravenguy2000
NO FATS
 
ravenguy2000's Avatar
 
Location: NO FEMS
Posts: 29,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski
its totally bull to get hung up in his absence. they don't need him.
he's never made a good record without him

this is science

 
ravenguy2000 is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
Sam Vimes
Demi-God
 
Sam Vimes's Avatar
 
Location: Documenta City
Posts: 349
Default

lost prophets...don´t they change their genre with every new album?

not that i care what they said.

 
Sam Vimes is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

people who are crying and whining that james and d'arcy weren't involved with zeitgeist should be doing so TO james and d'arcy, not billy. it's not billy's fault they didn't want to come back and he should never have had to end his band because they left in the first place. the fact that he kept away for 7 years while james went around blaming billy for breaking up the band when billy really did it out of love and respect for him is a testament to the TRUE respect billy has for the band and james and the LACK of respect james had for both. If you're the captain of your boat and some of the crew members jump ship you don't just let your boat sink to the bottom of the ocean, you do the best you can to get where you need to go.

Last edited by Floppy Nono : 08-26-2007 at 04:35 PM.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
he's never made a good record without him

this is science
he's (arguably) made just as many shit ones with him as he did without him.

this is (arguably) science

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster
 
i_adore_adore's Avatar
 
Location: IL
Posts: 3,559
Default

hey floppy, did you read Billy's myspace blogs?

I'm thinkin' no...

 
i_adore_adore is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_adore_adore
hey floppy, did you read Billy's myspace blogs?

I'm thinkin' no...

what myspace blogs are you referring to? there's a few batches of them but either way i have no idea what you're insinuating.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #11
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster
 
i_adore_adore's Avatar
 
Location: IL
Posts: 3,559
Default

Quote:
the fact that he kept away for 7 years while james went around blaming billy for breaking up the band when billy really did it out of love and respect for him is a testament to the TRUE respect billy has for the band and james and the LACK of respect james had for both.
If Billy really loved and respected him, he wouldn't have ended up blaming James. In fact, you could say it was worse the way he went about it. He let James "[go] around blaming billy," then turned around and wrote on his myspace that it was all James's fault but he was trying to protect him--making BILLY look like the good guy. It was immature of him to do. If he was going to protect James, he should have done it, not wait around five years and THEN put all the blame on him.

I think we all can assume that it was everyone's fault that the band didn't work out.

 
i_adore_adore is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #12
paranoid
Minion of Satan
 
paranoid's Avatar
 
Location: up a tree
Posts: 5,946
Default

in the end of it all, it doesn't matter whose to blame for the bands break up. it's just pretty fucking sad they can't resolve their differences, act like grown men and start playing music together again.

oh, and james was involved in machina, the pumpkins worst record thus far.

 
paranoid is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_adore_adore
If Billy really loved and respected him, he wouldn't have ended up blaming James. In fact, you could say it was worse the way he went about it. He let James "[go] around blaming billy," then turned around and wrote on his myspace that it was all James's fault but he was trying to protect him--making BILLY look like the good guy. It was immature of him to do. If he was going to protect James, he should have done it, not wait around five years and THEN put all the blame on him.

I think we all can assume that it was everyone's fault that the band didn't work out.
First of all, this must show how new you are to being a pumpkins fan since i'm pretty sure he posted those blogs around 04/05 on his own personal website. How long can you really turn the other cheek when someone you loved attacks you? When did James ever admit he was planning to leave the band? He didn't, he let billy say they were breaking up the band mutually and let billy speak the bullshit excuse that "they couldn't go on fighting the good fight against the Britney's and Christina's of the world". Billy could have said then and there that james was leaving and he was stopping the band but he didn't because or respect for him.

Down the line james iha insinuated that "only billy could break up the band" in an interview and i believe thats what set billy off. Being the band leader, billy took a lot of slack and blame for ending the band and yet they all kept it under the guise of a mutual decision on all there parts. For james to break that and say that it could only be billy's fault to break it? that's insulting to someone who was lying so long for you.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #14
ravenguy2000
NO FATS
 
ravenguy2000's Avatar
 
Location: NO FEMS
Posts: 29,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid
oh, and james was involved in machina, the pumpkins worst record thus far.
i'd rather have been involved with machina then have been the ring leader for machina, msots, tfe, and zeitgeist, all in a row

*shrug*

 
ravenguy2000 is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #15
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
the fact that he kept away for 7 years while james went around blaming billy for breaking up the band when billy really did it out of love and respect for him is a testament to the TRUE respect billy has for the band and james and the LACK of respect james had for both.


blue site blog.

"James Iha broke up the Smashing Pumpkins."

I dont recall James even HAVING a blog

I cant tell when you're trolling and when you aren't though, so let me know if you are

 
redbull is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
.

there was an interview where james said only billy could break up the band. Did you think one day billy just woke up and said "hmm, i think i'll admit james iha broke up the band today" ?

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #17
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,016
Default

So James knew the other band members were expendable in Billy's eyes. What's your point?

 
redbull is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #18
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
So James knew the other band members were expendable in Billy's eyes. What's your point?
The point is they broke up as a mutual thing in 2000 and then james insinuated that billy could be the only person to break up the band. He never admitted publicly that he planned to leave the band either.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #19
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,016
Default

none of which changes the fact that billy has still not made a decent record without james

 
redbull is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #20
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
none of which changes the fact that billy has still not made a decent record without james
That is an opinion in your own eyes. There are no facts to support it, just your own personal opinion of album quality and worth.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster
 
i_adore_adore's Avatar
 
Location: IL
Posts: 3,559
Default

Quote:
there was an interview where james said only billy could break up the band. Did you think one day billy just woke up and said "hmm, i think i'll admit james iha broke up the band today"
Dude, you're taking that quote out of context, I think. James means that Billy is pretty much the only member that REALLY means Smashing Pumpkins. If everyone else wanted to leave and Billy wanted to keep going in 2000 with other members, he could have more than any other member. Granted, he would have gotten crap for it, but it would be so much weirder if, say, d'arcy went on with three other band members playing under the Pumpkins' name. James saying "only billy can break up the band" = Billy is the Smashing Pumpkins.

In any case, none of this really matters.

I just want to say for the record that I don't think James broke up the band, I don't think Billy or Jimmy or D'arcy did, either. Stuff like that happens.

 
i_adore_adore is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #22
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,016
Default

there's the c ollective opinion that MSOTS, TFE, and Zeitgeist have been of lower quality than previous work. I don't think that one's really debatable

 
redbull is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #23
pepper666
Pledge
 
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 84
Default

billy does not need james to make good songs.. he is a genius... i do not care if he made a good record with or without him... i enjoyed zwan... and i do also enjoy the new songs billy wrote... they are simply amazing (99 floors, the rose march, if all goes wrong, peace and love, ...)... dont get me wrong.. i respect james... but come on... SP was never about him...

 
pepper666 is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #24
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 32,372
Default

JACKALS LICK THEIR BALLS
CHICKEN IN MY HEART

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #25
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_adore_adore
James means that Billy is pretty much the only member that REALLY means Smashing Pumpkins.

If this were true than why is the community so split over this band incarnation?

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #26
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster
 
i_adore_adore's Avatar
 
Location: IL
Posts: 3,559
Default

I'm not saying it's true, you idiot, I'm interpreting James's quote.

 
i_adore_adore is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #27
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
there's the c ollective opinion that MSOTS, TFE, and Zeitgeist have been of lower quality than previous work. I don't think that one's really debatable
A collective opinion is still an opinion no matter which way you look at it.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #28
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_adore_adore
I'm not saying it's true, you idiot, I'm interpreting James's quote.
and i was interpreting his quote too but you felt so justified to tell me i was taking it out of context. I felt justified to tell you why i thought that interpretation wasn't true.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #29
RenewRevive
Apocalyptic Poster
 
RenewRevive's Avatar
 
Location: Welcome to the real world jackass
Posts: 4,967
Default

who gives a fuck. lostprophets are just an ordinary band, not great not terrible. if he was taking a shot at the reunion he's just aping trent with a soundbite; if it is to do with how good sp were then he has no clue.

 
RenewRevive is offline
Old 08-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #30
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster
 
i_adore_adore's Avatar
 
Location: IL
Posts: 3,559
Default

James speaks only Truth.

My bad, I forgot.

PS: I'm in a terrible mood today for some reason. Floppy, I didn't mean to call you an idiot. And anything I say from this moment onward can be blamed on irrational, uncontrollable mood swings.

 
i_adore_adore is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022