Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2023, 09:32 PM   #871
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Five episodes in, it's still really good, though I have to admit I'm getting tired of some of the stuff in the present. Episode six is this Friday, and according to the cast it's when things really go buckwild. I can't wait. Though I've seen some rumors of some other stuff coming later in the season that might help explain the five-season plan, and I'm... wary.

Coop is such a wonderful character. You gonna tackle The Return next?
Did tackle The Return. It's changed the way I think about TV and movies in general and has generally invaded my psyche. Deeply disturbing at an existential level, to the point that I actually started feeling a little bit of that scary tickle at the back of my mind from a time where I thought I might need the SSRIs again (I'm totally fine, but yes, this is true). I'm still not 100% sure on some of the plot, but the visceral symbolism is horrifyingly clear.

OH and incidentally I just finished episode 6 of Yellowjackets, so there's some more mental trauma for the chilling-after-work-while-watching-TV pile... JFC

Old 06-13-2023, 10:15 PM   #872
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Been watching season 2 of "From". About a group of people who are stranded in an abandoned town. They don't know each other. One by one they end up there while driving. Once there, it's impossible to leave.

Every night at sunset demon like monsters roam the town. Anybody outside, or anyone who opens a door to the monsters, is torn apart by them.

I think the writers were involved with Lost. It's kind of like Lost, but more supernatural and less SciFi. Just like Lost nothing about the weird town everyone is trapped in is ever explained. Something weird happens every episode... you think it'll lead to a revelation of some kind... but it never does.

I liked Season 1 of this show. But well into Season 2 and we know fuck all about why any of them are there, who the demons are, why there's electricity in all the homes in the town, even through there's no wiring in the walls...

I want to like this show... but it's making me angry just like lost did. Except it's doing it much more quickly. Barely 12 episodes total. Lost took 2 years and 50 episodes to make me this angry

Old 06-16-2023, 07:16 PM   #873
slunken
Virgo

Been re-watching Quantum Leap and I think it's the single most source of anxiety in my life.

I was like 8 or 9 and was allowed to stay up 1 hour later on Wednesday than usual and watch a dude be thrown into a situation where he had no idea what his name was or what he was supposed to do.

I had to talk myself down and remind myself that TV wasn't real every week

Old 07-06-2023, 04:40 PM   #874
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Finally watched the newest Black Mirror season, and the Mazey Day episode might have been the worst thing I've ever seen

Old 07-06-2023, 05:06 PM   #875
ovary
Ownz

i thought season 1 of from was okay but have low expectations. same deal with yellowjackets which predictably shit the bed in season 2.

does any lost-esque show stick the landing? for the record i liked the lost ending but it could have been better

Old 07-06-2023, 10:45 PM   #876
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

just finished The Jinx, definitely an omg wtf reaction is the only thing that would suffice

Old 07-11-2023, 04:39 PM   #877
slunken
Virgo

started season 1 of the mary tyler moore show