Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2022, 03:44 PM   #31
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: andy dick NAKED
Posts: 6,282
Default

i'm as sick of hearing about Feebee Britchers every other second of the day as the next guy, but provided it's not some Lostprophets level depravity I don't really feel like anyone outside of the immediate parties involved are really qualified @ all to make any serious statements on the matter, & tbh a lot of it is very blatantly "TMI" for the general public

like wtf are we doing with Marilyn Manson Johnny Depp phone screen shots out here, lol

 
Joey Goldberg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:44 PM   #32
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: andy dick NAKED
Posts: 6,282
Default

Anyway, how 'bout that new Muse album huh?

 
Joey Goldberg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:56 PM   #33
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 6,098
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
You very deceitfully tried to make it sound like it's a "men unite" kinda thing. Bullshit. it's about super-rich celebrities leading dissolute lives, fame, drugs, hordes of fans
I have no idea what you're saying here, unless it's "this sort of behavior just comes with the territory for the mega-rich," which does not exactly satisfy me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
none of them has gone to trial
I would see Depp v Heard for why rape accusations are rare (something like 35% of rapes are actually reported) and going to trial is even rarer; women are heavily disincentivized to speak out and are routinely humiliated/victim blamed at trial. So, this is not doing much for me, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
FBI investigations dismissed.
So, that's one accuser of Ryan whose accusation is muddier than it seemed, and six accusers who you're leaving out of this entirely. There's also the fact that he issued an apology for his behavior (albeit one so broad it's unclear what he's admitting to). So... do you have any other non-"men unite" reasons you want to try out?

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:57 PM   #34
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 6,098
Unhappy

Probably not gonna listen to the new Muse tbh

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:42 PM   #35
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

You seem to have a problem with the notion of presumption of innocence, which makes it kinda hard playing by the same rules here.

I more or less agree with Mista Golderberg over there when he says
Quote:
I don't really feel like anyone outside of the immediate parties involved are really qualified @ all to make any serious statements on the matter, & tbh a lot of it is very blatantly "TMI" for the general public
Only problem is people get cancelled and their career flushed down the toilet and it sucks.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:46 PM   #36
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
Anyway, how 'bout that new Muse album huh?
Saw them live and the truly unforgettable moment was Biffy Clyro opening for them. They fucking slayed.

New album, eh, you go first

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:48 PM   #37
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: andy dick NAKED
Posts: 6,282
Default

i did go first

it's certainly a modern-day Muse album!

 
Joey Goldberg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:49 PM   #38
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 6,098
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
You seem to have a problem with the notion of presumption of innocence, which makes it kinda hard playing by the same rules here.
That's not really your deal, though. If someone accused me of murdering someone, I hope your position would be "that doesn't sound like my buddy Topleybird, but I'll see how this goes." If six people accused me of murdering someone, I hope your position would be "hmm, this doesn't look good for ol' Tops." Instead your position is "those six people are definitely lying." The fact that we're talking about sexual misconduct/rape accusations toward these celebrities, and that women are routinely dismissed by police, college school boards, the public, etc. when they come forward, makes this even shittier on your part.

I mean, I am not on a jury in the trial of Ryan Adams. I don't have to presume he's innocent. I can take the fact that seven women accused him of something, and the fact that he issued a blanket apology, and draw what seems like a pretty fuckin' clear conclusion. If you're relying entirely on the court of law: Why didn't he sue his accusers for slander and clear all this up? Why didn't he sue the NYT for libel, like he initially said he would? His career is ruined. Why isn't he doing anything about it?

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 03:22 PM   #39
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 32,212
Default

@thealter Dude you’re just kind of stupid.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:11 PM   #40
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I don't have to presume he's innocent. I can take the fact that seven women accused him of something, and the fact that he issued a blanket apology, and draw what seems like a pretty fuckin' clear conclusion.
Fine, just looked again at the NYT article and idk how can that be considered enough, it's an absolute charade. No real sexual misconduct/rape accusations are made, there is a lot of "emotionally abusive" and major contradictions.

Then there's this absolute gem that i leave here for the future generations to behold


 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:14 PM   #41
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
i did go first

it's certainly a modern-day Muse album!
Listened to the title track. it fucking sucks mate! Had to put on The Beautiful People for compensation.

It was a fucking ambush.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:34 AM   #42
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 6,098
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Fine, just looked again at the NYT article and idk how can that be considered enough, it's an absolute charade. No real sexual misconduct/rape accusations are made, there is a lot of "emotionally abusive" and major contradictions.
Oh sweet, you should let Adams' lawyers know they can go ahead with suing these women and the Times! They're going to be overjoyed that you had a look as a completely ignorant, non-involved party and decided this was all bullshit. Why the accused man looked at these women's stories of how he treated them and decided they were telling the truth is beyond me.

You seem to think you're doing the just thing by presuming your musical heroes are innocent, but by doing that you're presuming guilt on the part of the many, many women these situations involve. All of them. Every woman. Every time. And that's what I called you out for.

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:56 AM   #43
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
You seem to think you're doing the just thing by presuming your musical heroes are innocent, but by doing that you're presuming guilt on the part of the many, many women these situations involve. All of them. Every woman. Every time. And that's what I called you out for.
With all due respect, Tops, me thinks you got a bit carried away with all this knight in shining armor kinda thing.

By presuming someone innocent you're automatically presuming guilt on someone else? What? That's the kind of moral blackmail dogmas of faith are made of. Not on my watch, Top, not on my watch!

I'd like to salute this pleasant and constructive debate with a favorite of us all. Peace



 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 09:04 PM   #44
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan
 
soniclovenoize's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Fine, just looked again at the NYT article and idk how can that be considered enough, it's an absolute charade. No real sexual misconduct/rape accusations are made, there is a lot of "emotionally abusive" and major contradictions.

Then there's this absolute gem that i leave here for the future generations to behold

Are you saying emotional abuse isn't a thing?

 
soniclovenoize is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:35 AM   #45
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 6,098
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
By presuming someone innocent you're automatically presuming guilt on someone else? What? That's the kind of moral blackmail dogmas of faith are made of. Not on my watch, Top, not on my watch!
Uh huh. So, in your opinion, every woman who's made an accusation against those three people are... what? What would your word be for those accusations? If they're not lying, then they're... what?

Because from my end, it seems clear you think they're all lying, but you're coming right up to the precipice of saying that, leaving no room for misunderstanding your intent, but you won't actually say the word because you know what an asshole that makes you, and so you can leave that wiggle room where you can be like, as above, "Oh what? I never said that! Gosh, what a thing to think!" So, correct me. Explain what's happening in these situations.

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:39 AM   #46
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: andy dick NAKED
Posts: 6,282
Default

TheTruth about TheAltar: he is Ryna Adams

 
Joey Goldberg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:39 AM   #47
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: andy dick NAKED
Posts: 6,282
Default

or John Depp?

I'm Joey Goldberg.

 
Joey Goldberg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:44 PM   #48
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Lol joel...lol..rofl

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:46 PM   #49
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Are you saying emotional abuse isn't a thing?
I am saying that is not emotional abuse.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:14 PM   #50
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 44,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Fine, just looked again at the NYT article and idk how can that be considered enough, it's an absolute charade. No real sexual misconduct/rape accusations are made, there is a lot of "emotionally abusive" and major contradictions.

Then there's this absolute gem that i leave here for the future generations to behold

You're impotent in so many ways--you can't even be offensive well.

(I think this little scamp is just trying to get your goats, y'all)

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:19 PM   #51
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 44,241
Default

" The accounts have been corroborated by family members or friends who were present at the time, as well as by correspondence from Adams reviewed by The New York Times." But some douchebag on on a Smashing Pumpkins forum is dubious since Adams wears glasses and a moptop--not the uniform of an emotional abuser. Sources say it's likely because the douchebag has done the same or at least fantasizes about lording power over women.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:22 PM   #52
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Uh huh. So, in your opinion, every woman who's made an accusation against those three people are... what? What would your word be for those accusations? If they're not lying, then they're... what?

Because from my end, it seems clear you think they're all lying, but you're coming right up to the precipice of saying that, leaving no room for misunderstanding your intent, but you won't actually say the word because you know what an asshole that makes you, and so you can leave that wiggle room where you can be like, as above, "Oh what? I never said that! Gosh, what a thing to think!" So, correct me. Explain what's happening in these situations.
As i've already said, you're out here whiteknighting in shining armor like there's no tomorrow, foaming at the mouth, the intrepid bastion of justice...you get the picture.

You choose to deliberately ignore the context in which such unsubstantiated claims have been made, you choose to ignore the main source of this now expired gossip, a NYT that is all about "they said" "she said" "these women say" "he denies" and with no real factual reporting.

You've never been in backstage at a concert that's one thing i can safely say. The whole idea of little defenseless women lured into a trap set behind the scenes by the ryan adams or the Johnny Depps is is absolutely ludicrous. And complete made up unless proven otherwise [mic drop]

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:25 PM   #53
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
" The accounts have been corroborated by family members or friends who were present at the time, as well as by correspondence from Adams reviewed by The New York Times." But some douchebag on on a Smashing Pumpkins forum is dubious since Adams wears glasses and a moptop--not the uniform of an emotional abuser. Sources say it's likely because the douchebag has done the same or at least fantasizes about lording power over women.
Did you actually read it or you just stopped at the free preview?

Plase write down the part where they actually corroborate the accounts.

Tl;dr FBI case closed.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:58 PM   #54
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
You're impotent in so many ways--you can't even be offensive well.

(I think this little scamp is just trying to get your goats, y'all)
lmao lamest virtue signalling ever. C'mon you can do better, i'm sure



 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:29 PM   #55
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 6,098
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
As i've already said, you're out here whiteknighting in shining armor like there's no tomorrow, foaming at the mouth, the intrepid bastion of justice...you get the picture.
Doesn't seem like you're able to answer the question? Am I getting this right? Like, you can't clearly state your opinion of all the women in the various examples we're talking about, correct? (You remember we're talking about more than Ryan Adams, right? Not sure why you keep going back to one NYT story about him here.) We've established that because I say I believe the accusers, it can only be because I hope one of them sees my messages and wants to fuck me, you caught me, but your own stance is still weirdly...unstated? Precisely like I said it was and would remain?

Quote:
You've never been in backstage at a concert that's one thing i can safely say.
See, this is a great example of you walking up to the precipice of "these women are all whores/fame-seekers who have regrets now" without outright saying it. You can see that? That this is exactly what I'm talking about with you?

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:56 PM   #56
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 44,241
Default

he's a pudgy-faced midwesterner. they're not as smart or nice as they perceive themselves. they're pretty boring, though.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:10 AM   #57
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
See, this is a great example of you walking up to the precipice of "these women are all whores/fame-seekers who have regrets now" without outright saying it. You can see that? That this is exactly what I'm talking about with you?
Yeah because women in that context must necessarily be either victims or whores, right? Nice dichotomy there Tops, congrats. Neopuritans, will you ever learn…

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:56 AM   #58
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 6,098
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Yeah because women in that context must necessarily be either victims or whores, right? Nice dichotomy there Tops, congrats. Neopuritans, will you ever learn…
Do you think this constant deflection is working on anyone? I spell out what you've been all but saying outright and you say "Oh! So you're saying they're victims or whores, how dare you"? Is this fooling anybody? Again: This is exactly, exactly what I'm talking about with you.

So they're not victims or whores? That's not what you've been strongly, clearly suggesting? Again, what are they, in your opinion? Are we gonna settle this just by process of elimination?

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #59
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 44,241
Default

he's says so much, yet so little.

;_;

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:46 AM   #60
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,620
Default

Wow TheAlter is like some kind of AI-generated red-pilled incel

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can somebody explain okcupid to me Order 66 General Chat Archive 473 04-02-2019 04:55 PM
Questions and/or Answer You want to know but probably will know ScrotumSprite Music Board Archive 10 03-17-2011 09:29 AM
How to invest for a global-debt-bomb explosion Starla General Chat Archive 10 05-07-2010 07:42 PM
gift giving at work Catherine Wheel General Chat Archive 9 12-21-2007 11:20 PM
SANDWICHES Sandra General Chat Archive 16 08-08-2007 10:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022