Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 10:24 AM   #3511
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I somewhat unexpectedly had my baby a couple nights ago, we both should be leaving the hospital tomorrow. I'm sore as fuck but doing well. She's perfect. This hospital operates on skeleton crew, so I've been having to mostly take care of myself, which is my preference anyway. I'm feeling self-congratulatory at the moment. Making and birthing a whole human is hard!
congratulations

Old 06-18-2022, 01:42 PM   #3512
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i once snuck down the stairs and saw my dad eating my mom's pussy and it's the only memory i have of them together
Are you sure you're not just thinking of the subtext of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

Old 06-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #3513
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Are you sure you're not just thinking of the subtext of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
tbh i wonder if it isn't the context of A WHOLE LOT of things

Old 06-19-2022, 02:08 PM   #3514
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs up

Quote:
I somewhat unexpectedly had my baby a couple nights ago, we both should be leaving the hospital tomorrow. I'm sore as fuck but doing well. She's perfect. This hospital operates on skeleton crew, so I've been having to mostly take care of myself, which is my preference anyway. I'm feeling self-congratulatory at the moment. Making and birthing a whole human is hard!
vaginas, man. they're incredible.

that is to say congrats

edit: oh shit. your babby is a gemini

Old 06-19-2022, 02:27 PM   #3515
slunken
Virgo

shouts out to vaginas and astrology

Old 06-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #3516
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
congratulations
this

Old 06-19-2022, 04:57 PM   #3517
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post

lol this is remarkably on point actually

Old 06-19-2022, 05:08 PM   #3518
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Thanks guys! I'm having some serious post-op swelling but other than that, everything is going well. Thrilled to be able to drink coffee again. She's been an easy newborn so far!

I have a Leo and a Gemini. I'm a Pisces. I have a purple fish and a yellow/orange lion tattoo as representation for us, but I need to think of how to express Gemini without it being awkward. Twin human faces is definitely awkward. Maybe a silhouette of twins, or fairies or something? I have no idea!

Old 06-20-2022, 12:05 AM   #3519
Shallowed
Braindead

Smile

congratulations

Old 06-22-2022, 06:34 PM   #3520
slunken
Virgo

lol this is you

Old 06-22-2022, 06:39 PM   #3521
slunken
Virgo

also stop listening to rock and roll

Old 06-23-2022, 09:46 PM   #3522
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

How are things going ilp? Hope you are getting some rest every now and then…

Old 06-23-2022, 11:57 PM   #3523
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm okay, still sore from the C section but much better even in a week. I'm completely mobile and basically off the meds. I'm still swollen past the point of wearing shoes, but have been assured this is normal by my doctors, I don't have any blood clots, etc. I keep thinking of that Depressed Persian Man MadTV skit and his cankles.

I'm kind of sleeping here and there, I'm not at the point of crazy yet but am obviously tired. I am definitely ready for a full night's sleep again, but I've got a few months. I'm really happy though, so it's okay. I took off work for a couple weeks, so it will be interesting to add that back into the mix and see how it goes. I think I can handle it fine, I just won't have any extra housework done until things even out or my oldest goes to kindergarten. Thanks for asking! Not many people have bothered checking on me, but I don't take it personally because everyone is busy and my life isn't newsworthy. But it's always nice to be remembered out here in the whirlwind of newborn land!

Old 06-24-2022, 07:54 PM   #3524
slunken
Virgo

so in love with this channel

Old 06-24-2022, 08:10 PM   #3525
slunken
Virgo

MOVE, JUDY

Old 06-24-2022, 08:10 PM   #3526
slunken
Virgo

I need this in my life right now

Old 06-24-2022, 08:21 PM   #3527
slunken
Virgo

Default did i do that

love god love people may god bless you may god keep you

Old 06-24-2022, 09:56 PM   #3528
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
I'm okay, still sore from the C section but much better even in a week. I'm completely mobile and basically off the meds. I'm still swollen past the point of wearing shoes, but have been assured this is normal by my doctors, I don't have any blood clots, etc. I keep thinking of that Depressed Persian Man MadTV skit and his cankles.

I'm kind of sleeping here and there, I'm not at the point of crazy yet but am obviously tired. I am definitely ready for a full night's sleep again, but I've got a few months. I'm really happy though, so it's okay. I took off work for a couple weeks, so it will be interesting to add that back into the mix and see how it goes. I think I can handle it fine, I just won't have any extra housework done until things even out or my oldest goes to kindergarten. Thanks for asking! Not many people have bothered checking on me, but I don't take it personally because everyone is busy and my life isn't newsworthy. But it's always nice to be remembered out here in the whirlwind of newborn land!
hope you're doing ok! have you been able to get similac?

Old 06-24-2022, 09:58 PM   #3529
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
so in love with this channel

lol this rules

crazy how sitcoms now feel like archaic remnants from a different lifetime

Old 06-25-2022, 12:08 AM   #3530
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
hope you're doing ok! have you been able to get similac?
Thank you! I'm doing really well I was able to stock up on a fair amount over the past few weeks. There isn't any brand consistency on the shelves, which is kind of nerve wracking because I have to just hope my tiny new daughter can handle switching brands every week or so. So far so good. I'm still having to buy whatever I see because the shelves are basically empty. Who knows when this will be fixed.

Every time I'm overwhelmed, I'll watch my 4 year old being kind to her sister, and it makes me feel like I have helped foster some good in the world. Even if I have little to do with their personalities, it still makes me happy.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:09 AM   #3531
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Steve Urkel has been in an embarrassing number of my childhood nightmares. Something about his voice repeatedly haunted my peace.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:21 AM   #3532
slunken
Virgo

hahahaha sorry!

Old 06-25-2022, 10:58 AM   #3533
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
lol this rules

crazy how sitcoms now feel like archaic remnants from a different lifetime
i was a huge tgif fan when i was elementary school age. just a two hour block of step by step, family matters, full house, and something else. full house and family matters were my absolute favorite.

those families were like my family. not that my family was like theirs, but i felt like i knew them and wanted to be a part of it. cried like a damn baby when full house went off the air/had their last episode and i always bothered my mom about having family meetings.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:00 PM   #3534
slunken
Virgo

I don't recall many "household tv favorites" as a child except for Quantum Leap in which I was allowed to stay up one hour later on Wednesday nights in order to watch. At this time I thought TV was real so I would often go to bed very terrified!

Old 06-25-2022, 01:03 PM   #3535
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post

those families were like my family. not that my family was like theirs, but i felt like i knew them and wanted to be a part of it.
i feel this way about Roseanne in the biggest possible way

Old 06-25-2022, 01:04 PM   #3536
slunken
Virgo

The first two sitcoms I ever remember watching were Alf and Gimme A Break

Old 06-25-2022, 01:04 PM   #3537
slunken
Virgo

Old 06-25-2022, 01:06 PM   #3538
slunken
Virgo

Will never forget her putting the vacuum cleaner in the fish tank lol

Old 06-25-2022, 01:10 PM   #3539
slunken
Virgo

shouts out to a fucking queen RIP

Old 06-26-2022, 06:54 AM   #3540
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i was a huge tgif fan when i was elementary school age. just a two hour block of step by step, family matters, full house, and something else. full house and family matters were my absolute favorite.

those families were like my family. not that my family was like theirs, but i felt like i knew them and wanted to be a part of it. cried like a damn baby when full house went off the air/had their last episode and i always bothered my mom about having family meetings.
My family is pretty much all ripped apart, but it's crazy how much of our good times together involved sitting around and watching stupid TV shows together. It's like the only way we could allow ourselves to ever simply enjoy the company of one another without the weight of any injected expectation was to sit around and watch silly sitcoms and TV dramas together. With my dad it was action movies.

I have warm memories of watching Fresh Prince with my mom over the summers as a kid, laughing like it was a riot. Or watching Full House and Alf with my sisters as a kid, or Dawson's Creek with only one sister when life began to move on.

By myself, hilarious shit like Renegade, Pacific Blue (god that one was hot trash I just loved it), Walker, whatever whatever.

As a child you experience things at such an insane frame rate. When they'd do something like change the actress who played aunt viv mid show, it felt like ripping someone out of my life and replacing their image with a different person but everybody acts like nothing's different. That kind of immersion that you have as a child is nuclear hard to be inside of as an adult.

When fresh prince went off the air, in the last episode the house is empty and they all leave the house and kill the lights. It's great as a kid to have this portal on the tv everyday at 12:00 into another dimension where it's always studio light sunny, and everybody always be joking, but deep down they always let each other know oh so cheesily how much they care about each other. Then suddenly boom, they're moving out and you'll never see them again and it's like, damn it's just like real life.

Closed Thread