Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Default Oceania Lyrics- Thank you for the words

Smashing Pumpkins.

I want to say thank you for the song Oceania. You have expressed the reasons why I run from love. My talent, ambition, and drive for future have kept me at a distance. I look around trying to understand why it is that I can't find my partner. I am a kind person. But have always been"dropped" because I was to emotionally intense.I knew what people would do before it happened. I was there when they needed me before they knew they needed me. I just know things. No one has ever "gotten' me. I realize that certain people have energy that is to big for many to be around. Anyhow, I hear certain songs that stick with me because the lyrics express me or touch me. Oceania made me cry. I felt for the first time someone nailed what I feel. The words were so exact. It makes me understand that I am not the only one. I want to touch the world. I want to build a better world. But I won't let it touch me because it might hurt me. Maybe that is the yin yang pull of the Pisces heart. Anyhow, this song was a bolt of lightning to my mind. I didn't feel alone in my issue. Or crazy. Thank you for putting a bit of the soul to music and paper!