Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2018, 07:03 AM   #61
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
You should have offered Corgan, him to sell it on his tea shop, to get an interview.
You see, you say that in jest but it's not a bad idea. Doing some sort of high-quality "official" SP zine. It'd be a bit propaganda-ish, but undoubtably fun to put together with the access you'd get. Like a fan club magazine. He's relatively accessible these days, I might seriously suggest it, based on how well this turned out.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #62
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

That looks really cool. I ordered a copy. That's nice that Corgan gave you his blessing even though he cannot "officially" support it. If fans like you create actual content that doesn't just kiss Corgan's ass (like Sad Machines), but provides content and intelligent discourse on what Corgan does well and what he could improve, I feel there's a chance that, after a while, he could receive some constructive criticisms in a way that wouldn't cause him to go from "1" to "10" immediately.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #63
Razor Star
Pledge

Thank you! I would be interested in what he'd say if he ever read it - I'm going to give a copy to Jeff tomorrow and Katelan Foisey will definitely read it, and she knows him well. The interviews aren't editorialized at all, they're just transcripts so they stand on their own for the reader to decide for themselves, but there's a review of a Shiny gig in there which has a few critical points, and the feature on SP's UK touring history goes into the iffier corners as well. For the most part it's more a celebration, though. If I'd have got the album in time to get the review in before it went to print it would have had some critical stuff, but annoyingly they missed the print deadline by two days

Old 10-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #64
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I get it!

It's, like, two jokes in one or a double joke, if you will: a play on the word "period", and also it's funny cos he's a dude so, like, how could he be pregnant, right?!?

Brilliant!
Thanks! People have been known to say I'm a comical genius.

No... no they haven't.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #65
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Bought a copy, looking forward to reading it.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #66
Razor Star
Pledge

I have just placed a copy of the fanzine into Billy’s hands. If you never hear from me again then assume it went badly.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #67
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Cool! Hope you post a report on what he was like to interview.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #68
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
Cool! Hope you post a report on what he was like to interview.
I actually interviewed Jeff today, the rest of the band were there doing other press though so I said hello to everyone. James gave me some healthy snacks! I’ve interviewed Billy twice before, he’s always fascinating but prickley. Jeff was lovely!

Old 10-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #69
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Was it like that scene in Notting Hill, where you arrived with flowers expecting a date but you had to do a load of other interviews first?

Old 10-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #70
Razor Star
Pledge

SOLD OUT! Posted them all this week, so the (by my reckoning) ten or so people off here who bought one should get it soon! Although stupidly I under charged for international postage and ended up losing £50 on the whole thing. LOOK, I DO ART NOT MATHS, OKAY?

Interesting observation - I sold 50 copies (may do a re-print), all mail order. None to major cities. No London, Manchester, New York, or LA. No Chicago either. Which is unusual: I'm used to doing mail outs for my band and there's always more London, Manchester and New York (and, weirdly in our case, Detroit) than any other city. The whole run was sold off the back of posts on here, Reddit, some FB group I found, Instagram and RT's from people involved - interesting that SP fandom apparently doesn't live in the traditional music capitals these days.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #71
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
I actually interviewed Jeff today, the rest of the band were there doing other press though so I said hello to everyone. James gave me some healthy snacks! I’ve interviewed Billy twice before, he’s always fascinating but prickley. Jeff was lovely!
What are English healthy snacks (beside Fish & Chips)?

If he comes too prickley, I would ask him, how he felt interviewing Nick Cave at Loolapalozza.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 10-18-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #72
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
What are English healthy snacks (beside Fish & Chips)?
Just the fish.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #73
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Razor Star - if you are looking for more artwork if you do this again just let me know. 15 year old me lived off drawing BC over and over - so 32 year old me now actually has some skillz and would thoroughly enjoy attempting some SP related nonsense again.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #74
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Just the fish.
don't forget custard.

just custard (for after tea)

while you're watching top of the pops in 1995 round your friends house because her granny has english channels.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #75
Kahlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by laradelocke View Post
Razor Star - if you are looking for more artwork if you do this again just let me know. 15 year old me lived off drawing BC over and over - so 32 year old me now actually has some skillz and would thoroughly enjoy attempting some SP related nonsense again.
Oh, i'd be up for seeing this. Skipgo (who used to post on here) did some amazing drawings of Corgan. He even used some of them on his myspace back on the day. Sadly she thinks he is a transphobic asshole these days, so we won't be seeing more of that kind of work sadly

Old 10-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #76
Kahlo

Quote:
don't forget custard.

just custard (for after tea)

while you're watching top of the pops in 1995 round your friends house because her granny has english channels.
I miss the 90s in the Celtic world. This period is awful. Please return me to the abject boredom, but simpler times of then. Soundtrack: Whigfield's Saturday night on repeat forever.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:07 PM   #77
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
I miss the 90s in the Celtic world. This period is awful. Please return me to the abject boredom, but simpler times of then. Soundtrack: Whigfield's Saturday night on repeat forever.
oh my god. hahaha

and living for coronation street.

sigh

Old 10-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #78
Kahlo

*plays Coronation Street theme tune in head*

I've been out on the ran-dan in Glasgow and am hammered.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #79
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Oh, i'd be up for seeing this. Skipgo (who used to post on here) did some amazing drawings of Corgan. He even used some of them on his myspace back on the day. Sadly she thinks he is a transphobic asshole these days, so we won't be seeing more of that kind of work sadly
how am I missing all these new dramas with BC. I think I work too much to be down with the latest ...ever haha.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #80
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
*plays Coronation Street theme tune in head*

I've been out on the ran-dan in Glasgow and am hammered.
Sounds nice. I'm driving to Harpers Ferry WV tomorrow to hang with my lady friend and get hammered and eat a metric ton of pasta.

You should check out Harpers Ferry, its at the confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers and it's fuckin gawgus. It even has a rundown, haunted af hotel on there. I know your photos are more involved and artistic but its a cool area.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #81
Kahlo

Dun dun dun

Last edited by Kahlo : 10-24-2018 at 04:51 AM.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:43 AM   #82
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
Oh great! I don't think I'l start thinking about the next issue until the new year, but I'll definitely hit you up!

Old 10-19-2018, 01:44 AM   #83
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
how am I missing all these new dramas with BC. I think I work too much to be down with the latest ...ever haha.
This one's actually from about 8 years ago. I live in hope that as a society we're more accepting of trans people these days and he's learned his lesson. A lot has happened since 2011.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #84
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Edit: eh, I can't read.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:41 AM   #85
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

My order still hasn't shipped. :'(

Old 11-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #86
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
This one's actually from about 8 years ago. I live in hope that as a society we're more accepting of trans people these days and he's learned his lesson. A lot has happened since 2011.

what did he do/say?

Old 11-09-2018, 07:36 PM   #87
Ramdust
Apocalyptic Poster

Kudos!

Old 11-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #88
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Arrow

Quote:
Bill threatened violence against Devi Ever. And misgendered her and referred to her as an object multiple times. He's transphobic, full stop. He was called out on it here and on Twitter.

Billy never apologized for his abhorrent transphobia. He does not acknowledge it.

Billy is transphobic.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:44 PM   #89
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

there was also that story he wrote about going on a date with a trans person and making out and then freaking out. i forget the details. it was when he was writing all sorts of stuff about past tsp days. it was from gish era, i think.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #90
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

It's in his "Live Journal"'s...

Devi Ever had a crowdfunding project a few years ago for another pedal construction.
She never came over with the object and gave curious excuses for it and not to pay the people their money back.
She must be a terrible person...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 11-09-2018 at 09:01 PM.