Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2019, 02:21 AM   #331
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post
I'm guessing whatever happened between Billy and Monte, it started during the Lucky 13 project.
I think it ended up in tracks being leaked, didn't it?

Old 10-28-2019, 08:53 AM   #332
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I'm guessing whatever happened between Billy and Monte, it started during the Lucky 13 project.
I don't think so, the Siddhartha project was well after that and Monte was there doing the broadcasting for Bill.

I bet it was just something stupid and it was just a case of the straw that broke the camels back. Monte was probably calling him to let him know about something stupid and Billy probably finally snapped. We all know the guy is prone to extreme verbal attacks and burns almost every bridge he forms at some point

Old 10-28-2019, 09:10 AM   #333
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 10-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #334
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Anyone else feel that the log in Monte's profile is a little weird on its own, but is downright foreboding when used both as profile pic and background?

I • A M • T H E • C R A C K • I N • T H E • L O G

Old 10-28-2019, 02:02 PM   #335
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i whole-heartedly believe that one-word tweet was the single reason for the end of monte's fanatic obsession and absolutely nobody can tell me otherwise

Old 10-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #336
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Exclamation

NOBODY
I dont need a wige or girl or whatever to feel good. I got my hand and my cock....do feel free to wank yours and after flooding the floor you feel no desire to meet a chick..... try it kids..... make em hard and feel free like u never did before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel
Hey how are you? If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page

Old 10-28-2019, 02:44 PM   #337
FoolofaTook

Angry

For sure for sure. You got these fools here literally wondering what Monte did to make B0llzybub crack... IT WAS WHAT THE BALD ONE DID TO MAKE MONTY CRACK YOU IMBECILES

Old 10-29-2019, 07:47 AM   #338
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

Lol the hilarious thing is is that I'm almost certain whoever sent that question was just trolling and hoping for a funny response. Mission accomplished!

Old 10-29-2019, 07:55 AM   #339
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Anyone else feel that the log in Monte's profile is a little weird on its own, but is downright foreboding when used both as profile pic and background?

I • A M • T H E • C R A C K • I N • T H E • L O G
I actually thought it was a tree-stump, which would be rather odd in it's own right as it's not something that would come to ones mind when considering nature phenomena. But I think you're right, as I look closer it seems to be a side shot of a log, which is much less weird

Old 10-29-2019, 07:58 AM   #340
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lol what in the Heavens?

MonteLDS
@MonteLDS
@teatro_zinzanni
we had a great time with you guys! Came all the way from San Francisco. I hope you still plan to return to the city by the bay!

If you look at the profile he's tweeting, it looks like some gay drag show.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHKz_oYW...pg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EH8EpVPU...name=4096x4096

Maybe Monte's made some self discoveries since he's been gone haha

Old 10-29-2019, 08:05 AM   #341
fuzzyroes
Banned

Old 10-29-2019, 08:12 AM   #342
fuzzyroes
Banned

Scrolling through Monte's feed, it looks like some podcaster named "Paco" took Billy's place as his new online dedication

Old 10-29-2019, 09:21 AM   #343
bright_doom
Ownz

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but here is how I saw the fall of the Monte/Billy empire timeline. This doesn't in-clude pre 2012 as I was kind of living under a rock during that time.

Late 2011, early 2012, Billy Corgan, dissatisfied with the current free thinking fan sites like Hipsters United, who were more than willing to call Billy out when he crossed that undefendable line (unfounded conspiracy theories, that 2010 rolling stone interview, endlessly trash talking original bandmates, his unwillingness to release material that fans genuinely wanted etc) Billy publicly slammed aforementioned fan sites and slowly started promoting a little known fan site, crestfallen.com as an alternative. A site that, as stated from Monte himself, “a site that would deliver the latest Smashing Pumpkins news with a non-opinionated approach”
What could possibly go wrong?!? Well not much, at the time..

In 2012, he “hired” Monte to lead the Lucky 13 project, a band/fan collaborative that would be the go between folks like you and me and the Bald Lord/Furry Corgan concerning what we wanted from the archives. (What could possibly go wrong?!?) Now I do not know the specifics, but within a year, that project died, which is a shame because it sounded kind of exactly what was missing from the SP fan community. Billy seemed to have faith in it, and especially faith in Monte judging from this interview with him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8by66BINoj0 (definitely worth a listen if you're an archive nerd/Monte fan)

But nonetheless, it died a quick death, which I personally feel was strike 1 for Monte.

Fast forward to 2014, Monte is still in Billys good books, so much so he again “hires” MonteIT to stream the Siddhartha performance. Which as we all know was a triumphant return to glory....

“For a long time, the neuroses of Billy's archetypically Mormon brand manager are the most interesting thing in the room. He's running the live stream, and every half-hour he emails a friend who is watching remotely to make sure that it sounds okay. He tries broadcasting a direct line from the sound board, but switches back to a USB mic after his friend writes that the audio sounds distorted. Later, I watch Brand Manager read a negative blog post about the performance with a hand over his open mouth. He checks new Google results for "'Smashing Pumpkins' OR 'Billy Corgan'". He removes critical comments about the stream from the Smashing Pumpkins Facebook page.”
https://www.vice.com/amp/en_au/artic...n-of-siddartha

Late 2014, Billy creates the SPnexus, a daily news site that is straight from the source, therefore making Crestfallen kind of irrelevant.

Fast forward a little bit later, the leaks hit Netphoria, Billy offers cash rewards and Monte reinforces that! (Insert thread here)

(Nothing)

Monte stops updating crestfallen and stops posting to the connected Facebook and Twitter pages. And all SP sites in general.

(Nothing)

Instagram QnA 2018: “Who?”

Monte be sellin them records...

Old 10-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #344
bright_doom
Ownz

And somewhere in between 2011-2013, Mike Byrne stayed the night at his place. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on this site detailing it.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #345
FoolofaTook

Red face

Did they fuck?

Old 10-29-2019, 11:16 PM   #346
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

well obviously

Old 10-30-2019, 08:59 AM   #347
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Did they fuck?
Get your head out of the sand, son. Focus your attention on something impressive, like how the Russians trained a bunch of bears to play ice-hockey in the 70's

They got em to ice skate and everything... This is the raddest display I've ever seen in my entire life. They even get into a good ole fashion hockey brawl at the 1:55 mark.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 10-30-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #348
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but here is how I saw the fall of the Monte/Billy empire timeline. This doesn't in-clude pre 2012 as I was kind of living under a rock during that time.

Late 2011, early 2012, Billy Corgan, dissatisfied with the current free thinking fan sites like Hipsters United, who were more than willing to call Billy out when he crossed that undefendable line (unfounded conspiracy theories, that 2010 rolling stone interview, endlessly trash talking original bandmates, his unwillingness to release material that fans genuinely wanted etc) Billy publicly slammed aforementioned fan sites and slowly started promoting a little known fan site, crestfallen.com as an alternative. A site that, as stated from Monte himself, “a site that would deliver the latest Smashing Pumpkins news with a non-opinionated approach”
What could possibly go wrong?!? Well not much, at the time..

In 2012, he “hired” Monte to lead the Lucky 13 project, a band/fan collaborative that would be the go between folks like you and me and the Bald Lord/Furry Corgan concerning what we wanted from the archives. (What could possibly go wrong?!?) Now I do not know the specifics, but within a year, that project died, which is a shame because it sounded kind of exactly what was missing from the SP fan community. Billy seemed to have faith in it, and especially faith in Monte judging from this interview with him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8by66BINoj0 (definitely worth a listen if you're an archive nerd/Monte fan)

But nonetheless, it died a quick death, which I personally feel was strike 1 for Monte.

Fast forward to 2014, Monte is still in Billys good books, so much so he again “hires” MonteIT to stream the Siddhartha performance. Which as we all know was a triumphant return to glory....

“For a long time, the neuroses of Billy's archetypically Mormon brand manager are the most interesting thing in the room. He's running the live stream, and every half-hour he emails a friend who is watching remotely to make sure that it sounds okay. He tries broadcasting a direct line from the sound board, but switches back to a USB mic after his friend writes that the audio sounds distorted. Later, I watch Brand Manager read a negative blog post about the performance with a hand over his open mouth. He checks new Google results for "'Smashing Pumpkins' OR 'Billy Corgan'". He removes critical comments about the stream from the Smashing Pumpkins Facebook page.”
https://www.vice.com/amp/en_au/artic...n-of-siddartha

Late 2014, Billy creates the SPnexus, a daily news site that is straight from the source, therefore making Crestfallen kind of irrelevant.

Fast forward a little bit later, the leaks hit Netphoria, Billy offers cash rewards and Monte reinforces that! (Insert thread here)

(Nothing)

Monte stops updating crestfallen and stops posting to the connected Facebook and Twitter pages. And all SP sites in general.

(Nothing)

Instagram QnA 2018: “Who?”

Monte be sellin them records...
Good write up. It's worth noting that for the SP/Manson tour in 2015 (first tour back with JC), it was reported that Monte only decided to get nosebleed lawn tickets for the show... Definitely signifying a lack of excitement or anticipation for the show

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 10-30-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Old 10-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #349
bright_doom
Ownz

Yep, buying lawn tickets was definitely a bad sign. But one last thing I wanted to add to the evidence is this infamous tweet from late 2016. A new low in Monte fandom.

MonteLDS (@MonteLDS) Tweeted:
Found out I will need a root canal. Maybe Siddhartha might be out of my reach https://twitter.com/MonteLDS/status/...563763200?s=17

Monte choosing dental care over a $500 vinyl boxset of unprecedented audio torture (with free hat) was shocking to say the least and imo, signified the end of an era

Old 10-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #350
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

lol wtf is this thread

Old 10-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #351
FoolofaTook

It's the apex of zeniths, the Mount Kailash of the fOAt-fueled "Netphorian Resurgence"

Old 10-30-2019, 07:34 PM   #352
FoolofaTook

, fool

Old 10-30-2019, 09:20 PM   #353
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Yep, buying lawn tickets was definitely a bad sign. But one last thing I wanted to add to the evidence is this infamous tweet from late 2016. A new low in Monte fandom.

MonteLDS (@MonteLDS) Tweeted:
Found out I will need a root canal. Maybe Siddhartha might be out of my reach https://twitter.com/MonteLDS/status/...563763200?s=17

Monte choosing dental care over a $500 vinyl boxset of unprecedented audio torture (with free hat) was shocking to say the least and imo, signified the end of an era
haha maybe that's what ticked Bill off

Old 10-31-2019, 12:59 AM   #354
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Just noticed when I wanted to jump here from a Monte-tweet to his Twitter site that I'm still blocked by him. Should a true Christian be unforgiving...?

Old 10-31-2019, 01:49 AM   #355
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

forgive him Bluff, he knows not what he does!

Old 10-31-2019, 05:40 AM   #356
Cool As Ice Cream

jonathan "montelds micropenis ethical stalking write a mammory on each petal that's a none story crestfallen.com standers your life is not your own your daily monty fix so you think your all that" monte

Old 11-01-2019, 12:10 AM   #357
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

*Information Technology

Old 11-01-2019, 07:00 AM   #358
Cool As Ice Cream

shit, completely forgot about that one