Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #31
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Because of all the bad blood with D'arcy, if they did manage to get back together it would be a spectacle for the ages. If someone said the whole thing were orchestrated, I could very well believe it. Some time has to pass, though, saying Billy can't sing for shit and has a brain tumor, it's water under the bridge, but the water is frozen ice at the moment. Give it a year to thaw.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #32
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

She's pulling a reverse Billy in that regard - Billy went from name-calling Jimmy and James to the current positivity towards them, and the last D'arcy interview I'd heard had her saying Bill was a good singer

Seemed like mostly a bitter byproduct of the current bad blood between her & "pumpkins camp"

Old 10-21-2018, 07:44 PM   #33
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

speaking of which, where's buttcannon?

Old 10-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #34
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think something snapped in him when Monuments was ignored. He saw how Guns N Roses were revitalized with the additions of Duff and Slash and figured he could do the same with Jimmy and James.

It likely wasn't pleasant for him to swallow his pride, but I believe that the lost wrestling money bothered him enough to act as the cherry on top in regards to going through with it.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #35
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Billy definitely resents the public for demanding that the 90's members be there, as there's no other reason he would have chosen the "reunion tour", of all tours, to be the one that showcased Billy Corgan "the man of the hour" (or three), as James Iha said on stage, obviously under some sort duress. Billy made sure you wouldn't see James until the show was under way, and he comes out with no official fanfare, just the sounds of the audience screaming with delight, which was awkward, ten thousand fans giving James Iha the warm regard that Corgan was clearly trying to deprive him of. Then when it's time for James to get a song in, the production basically grinds to a halt for five minutes, as if it were an intermission. But that's Billy, even Iha seems to realize that now.

Last edited by MonumentsRocks : 10-21-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:36 PM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

Good point. If Billy was gonna do a reunion, he had to make it all about himself.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:48 PM   #37
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

that goofy black and white hat does not indicate someone who has their shit together.

(just my professional opinion)

Old 10-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #38
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

If Vol 2 comes out and is legitimately good then Corgan has got his shit together . The tour was professional musicians playing proven material big whoop. The star of it all was Linda Strawberry...she's got her shit together