Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Order 66
Socialphobic

Default i remember when.....

remember when BC critized bands back in the day...did you all bitch and moan at him for being who HE WAS?...I remember BC talking about HEART and how bands have none...were any of you mad if he spoke of a band you liked?...maybe all of you need to look inside yourselves...I know what I've been through with the Pumpkins...to include a time in my life when I thought I was going to die and I made a tape of SP songs to be played at my funeral...It's ok for me to say what I want...This is my heart and no one knows it except GOD!!!! http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/boar...fault/nono.gif

Old 10-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
xforewarnedx
Pledge

well alright...

Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

are we quoting from sp.com again?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Order 66
Socialphobic

Popularity was never something I deemed important in the grand scheme. I write and record songs that I hope to one day let shine with a full band and culminate in the form of an album. I don't give a damn if I sell a single record when that day comes. Sure, it's a nice extra, but ultimately it's about giving life to music I feel needs to exist. This is sort of how I view the issue at hand in this thread. SP lacks Radiohead's present popularity...but so what? I believe SP's music has always been better. So with that said, who really cares about who the faceless masses deem worthy of here-and-gone terms like "accessible" or "relevant"? I understand feelings will vary on the matter, but in my eyes, it's Billy and not Thom, that captures the sound of an era and continues to pursue new sounds, new ideas, and always do so to satisfy, first and foremost, his need to create music HE believes in and then his fans may follow suit if they wish...and not the other way around. THIS to me is what separates SP and Radiohead.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

What separates SP and Radiohead to me is that they are different bands made up of two mutually exclusive groups of people.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Order 66
Socialphobic

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/boar...fault/nono.gif wacko jack o equivelent. LOL!!!

no shit radiohead has been making better music, and yes thome york sucked dick for coke back in the day when pumpkins were better than radiohead. hands down or like thom york shands down or go down or whatever he does for coke.

radiohead is good for p[ablo hanoey but my good fuckthat shit thome york is ugly globly mother fucker. not as handsome as billy or so sexy oh yeah! but i guess after a few beers thgome doesnt look so baad.........thats what i do when i listen to hole but i REALLy have to be drunk off as s for that shit http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/boar...ault/toast.gif

i do like the zeitgiest and everything its just i think eveyrone else thinks it sucks and i can see where they can think that.......
but thyey have those "singles"n like tarnatule and fuckingmy love is who the hell doesnt like that song?
but i dont listen to current music anyways so i cant really say the pumpkins suck.......... i dont even listen to current sp music at all i barely listen to the two songs meitioned above.......

it just havsnt been the same somehwere since zwan brokeup.

billy im behind you 100% tho but for the love of god release another dvd for us fans!

yes animla collectivea is a pike of shit~!

Old 10-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #7
xforewarnedx
Pledge

what
the
fuck

Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
Panthalassa
Pledge

If it makes any difference, and it doesn't, I agree with you Order 66.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...on/oldfool.jpg

Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
Springbridge
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
a time in my life when I thought I was going to die and I made a tape of SP songs to be played at my funeral...
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
billy im behind you 100% tho but for the love of god release another dvd for us fans!
What we need is another album, not another DVD. Get your fan priorities straight!