Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 08:02 AM   #3751
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
How's Wellywood, 'nix?

Hope you've picked up your season tickets for the other 'Nix.
Still have not been to a ‘nix game! Have been to a few Hurricanes games but not since old Traitor Barrett took up with your filthy blues

Wellington is awful. I’m not sure now why we came back. It was for some reasons and they are probably good ones. Hopefully some day I will remember

Old 08-16-2022, 08:03 AM   #3752
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Please don't mind me I'm just an old man yelling at the tv alone in the living room after dinner
Not eating your dinner in front of the TV is pretty restrained

Old 08-16-2022, 08:07 AM   #3753
vixnix
Socialphobic

Maybe I feel differently about it because all my friends are mothers who have been forced to re train, except for the doctors. But…that shit has been HARD over the last couple of years.

My older son wants to make some money in finance and then have a good enough private income he can do what he really wants to do, which is be a secondary school teacher

I think the nature of the economy for young people today has stripped them of the hope of a job for life, rather than an endless grind trying to find things machines can’t do better and then successfully compete against all the others in the same boat to land a stressful underpaid job with no health insurance

Old 08-18-2022, 01:52 PM   #3754
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

might be more difficult with capitalism shoved down throats since birth, but being stripped of a job "for life" sounds pretty great. people are considering how to be happy instead of how to have the "trappings" of ostensible happiness.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:23 PM   #3755
yo soy el mejor

speaking of which...pathetic and solo lunch time!

Old 08-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #3756
yo soy el mejor

fuck, a consultant was late to a meeting today so i offered to share my screen with the group and led the meeting by default. the consultant showed 30 mins later and i went to a new window to talk smack about her to tommy without remembering my screen was still shared. this happened almost two hours ago and i still wan die. my boss was there and everything. fuck, man lolololol

honestly cannot stand this woman--so overpaid and provides little value. the group i am in--that she "leads"--had an off-site retreat (just a glorified meeting) a few weeks back and it was conveniently scheduled to be at her home almost 20 minutes away. that fell through so it was at her new condo not too far.

the agenda said we were all supposed to "be fed spiritually...by the hospitality of working in a retreat setting" except we were sitting on her rooftop patio with no shade all afternoon with no access to a bathroom. we had to go down seven floors to a coffee shop next to her place and when one person went around lunchtime they (she brought her husband out to join the mtg, for some reason) suggested we all try and go since they didn't want to go back and forth letting us all into the building.

my mood definitely suffered for that! not just the bathroom thing, but all of it. i cannot stand (who can?) feeling trapped in the heat plus i was riding the crimson wave

didn't like her before (or after) any of that mess, though. she says craps like "the work is the process and the process is the work" and people find that deep somehow.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 08-18-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Old 08-18-2022, 04:47 PM   #3757
yo soy el mejor

the consultant said something later about "noise" and noticing distractions in the space and said it's just another thursday in america.

Old 08-18-2022, 05:03 PM   #3758
yo soy el mejor

ya know, at least no one saw me taking a dump or putting in a tampon on camera

at least i have that and one day this won't be so embarrassing anymore. at least it wasn't a coworker that i talked about. anything helps to not feel this way! i just want to assume no one saw a thing.

Old 08-18-2022, 05:20 PM   #3759
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i have a bathroom off my home office. Literally 6 ft from my desk. Occasionally I have to put my headphones down during a meeting and use it. Too many meetings per day to not eventually have to go. i'm terrified that sooner or later i won't have my Mute button on and the bathroom sounds will make it into a meeting.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:17 PM   #3760
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
supposed to "be fed spiritually...by the hospitality of working in a retreat setting"
LOL

Old 08-18-2022, 09:48 PM   #3761
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
fuck, a consultant was late to a meeting today so i offered to share my screen with the group and led the meeting by default. the consultant showed 30 mins later and i went to a new window to talk smack about her to tommy without remembering my screen was still shared. this happened almost two hours ago and i still wan die. my boss was there and everything. fuck, man lolololol
posrep this is awesome

Old 08-19-2022, 12:38 AM   #3762
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I am feeling serious second hand embarrassment for you! Doesn't sound like it will impact your job at all, yeah?

Old 08-19-2022, 02:05 AM   #3763
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Talking

Quote:

honestly cannot stand this woman--so overpaid and provides little value. the group i am in--that she "leads"--had an off-site retreat (just a glorified meeting) a few weeks back and it was conveniently scheduled to be at her home almost 20 minutes away. that fell through so it was at her new condo not too far.

the agenda said we were all supposed to "be fed spiritually...by the hospitality of working in a retreat setting" except we were sitting on her rooftop patio with no shade all afternoon with no access to a bathroom. we had to go down seven floors to a coffee shop next to her place and when one person went around lunchtime they (she brought her husband out to join the mtg, for some reason) suggested we all try and go since they didn't want to go back and forth letting us all into the building.

my mood definitely suffered for that! not just the bathroom thing, but all of it. i cannot stand (who can?) feeling trapped in the heat plus i was riding the crimson wave

didn't like her before (or after) any of that mess, though. she says craps like "the work is the process and the process is the work" and people find that deep somehow.
That sounds great. I hope she got shredded

Old 08-19-2022, 02:06 AM   #3764
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Don't get confused, you did good!

Old 08-19-2022, 12:17 PM   #3765
yo soy el mejor

the consultant sent me an email that i still can't bring myself to read. i had my friend read it and he said it was long and the end said something about this being an opportunity for growth for me. bitch, please. all i am taking from this is never offer to share my screen

my boss and i have a rolling agenda for our weekly meetings and this morning i noticed a new agenda item of "meeting etiquette" but it was later removed by her and she hasn't said a word about the incident. i'm sure when we meet virtually monday morning we'll just look back on this and laugh.....! ;D

Old 08-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #3766
yo soy el mejor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Don't get confused, you did good!
thanks, bub!

i really need to hear that cause i'm still cringing a little when i think about it. just saying fuck a lot

Old 08-19-2022, 05:16 PM   #3767
ovary
Ownz

i mean you did good but you might get fired. a common workplace situation

Old 08-19-2022, 10:17 PM   #3768
Ram27
dumb

i've been [firmly] invited to this gig next week with my band

i haven't been to a show with them yet [but they go semi-often] and they're super nice about wanting me to come along. but my BRAIN ISN'T NORMAL so i can't process that it's a normal social gathering and no one hates me

and it's a shoegaze band so woo

ahhh

Old 08-20-2022, 12:05 PM   #3769
slunken
Virgo

oh no i'm "in a band" and my friends are asking me to hang out oh no

Old 08-20-2022, 12:53 PM   #3770
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have serious concert envy

Old 08-20-2022, 12:55 PM   #3771
ilikeplanets
Braindead

There's 2 shows I want to see in November but I'm close to 5 hours away from the venue, so it won't happen

Old 08-20-2022, 07:12 PM   #3772
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I have serious concert envy
i never want to go to another concert ever again

Old 08-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #3773
slunken
Virgo

before you ask, i love records the same reason why i love books - i want full control of imagining everything in my head

Old 08-20-2022, 08:33 PM   #3774
yo soy el mejor

reallly doubt i will get fired because it's a religious place n they believe in redemption plus i only talked about a consultant

Old 08-21-2022, 10:05 AM   #3775
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
before you ask, i love records the same reason why i love books - i want full control of imagining everything in my head
this is honestly one of the more clever things i've read on here

Old 08-21-2022, 11:31 AM   #3776
yo soy el mejor

how so?

Old 08-21-2022, 02:36 PM   #3777
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Yeah, it sounds a lot like missing out to me

Old 08-21-2022, 02:38 PM   #3778
ilikeplanets
Braindead

What is a good tinypic alternative? I apparently haven't tried to post a picture in ages..

Old 08-21-2022, 02:54 PM   #3779
Ram27
dumb

i guess i think it's an interesting thought exercise to picture a band having never ever seen them. no idea who's playing guitar or what the name of the singer is or anything

like, as a contrast to us being aware that madame zuzu's exists and shit

Old 08-21-2022, 04:20 PM   #3780
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
i guess i think it's an interesting thought exercise to picture a band having never ever seen them.
is it?

i feel like it's a pretty common thing to enjoy a band and not know what they look like. especially older bands...and maybe new ones, too.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 08-21-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Closed Thread