Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Default Billy on yet another pavement tirade

Just found out SP is playing with Pavement in Brazil. It's gonna be 1 of those New Orleans type funerals

I say that because they represent the death of the alternative dream, and we follow with the affirmation of life part.
3:51 PM Nov 12th via web

funny how those who pointed the big finger of 'sell out' are the biggest offenders now...yawn. they have no love
3:53 PM Nov 12th via web

by the way, we'll be the band up there playing NEW songs because we have the love xx
4:00 PM Nov 12th via web

Old 11-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
hnibos
Braindead

jealousy is such a sad thing

Old 11-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Eulogy
huh

lol

Old 11-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
ilikeplanets
Braindead

The death of the alternative dream?! Is he serious? What, Smashing Pumpkins were purely alternative or something?

Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Billy's such a nigger.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
slunken
Virgo

he' just trying to get some press going

Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #7
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

he's failing

Old 11-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

and he goes down, down, and he falls down

Old 11-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

its gonna be 1 of those

Old 11-15-2010, 02:58 AM   #10
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy, STFU and get over it. Don't act like a bitter old twat.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 AM   #11
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Just found out SP is playing with Pavement in Brazil. It's gonna be 1 of those New Orleans type funerals

I say that because they represent the death of the alternative dream, and we follow with the affirmation of life part.
3:51 PM Nov 12th via web

funny how those who pointed the big finger of 'sell out' are the biggest offenders now...yawn. they have no love
3:53 PM Nov 12th via web

by the way, we'll be the band up there playing NEW songs because we have the love xx
4:00 PM Nov 12th via web
Oh and you do Billy! Ahahahahahahaha BIGGEST HYPOCRITE ON THE FUCKING PLANET!

Old 11-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #12
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

ok. that's enough, james.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 AM   #13
Kahlo

There is some comedy gold on the O-board about this:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/boar...howtopic=14132

"Billy, stay above the fray. Nobody gives two craps about Pavement. You shouldn't either."

Old 11-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
ping-ping
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
ok. that's enough, james.
Ahaha!

Kahlo, I think what that stooge on the O-board meant to say was that NO ONE. ANYWHERE. gives a shit about ANY OF THIS. I hope Malkmus is smart enough to keep his mouth shut this time.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #15
Kahlo

Hey ping-ping. Nope the O-boarder is a retard who is no doubt related to Monte. Such clear thinking is not generally associated with his knuckle dragging fanboy behaviour.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #16
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

guess it really bugs Billy how Pavement are lauded by the musos. don't go there man, it's negativity!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
Morlock
Ownz

In comparison to Billy's posts, just take a look at the sheer negativity you get from Stephen Malkmus:

hello jicks people, as you know 2010 was dedicated to pavement.....what can i say--it was an unbelievable year. so many places so many great moments. so great to hang with my original indie gangsters. It will take months to come to grips with it. Thanks to all of you all who came out to see us--it felt like we never left!!! I wanna thank the crew (MVP Dan MAPP) and boche billions--but most of all my family who supported me as i messed around with guitar tunings and hotel internet for nearly a year.

The message board here has morphed and become a pretty personal place -- . awesome--its yours, I hope you stick around for digital eternity. 0ur future wise--we started recording with beck hansen in the late winter, and plan on getting back into it before the year is over... I dont know when the record will come out or what it will sound like. It is in a protools state of non reality right now. THis is kinda boring to read...........The record will be , uh, Amazing!

oh MIke Clark is touring with Corrine Tucker (sleater-TUff) this fall so check that out if you get a chance.

Pavement wrap up
Loudest fans--Atlanta, Bologna
Best Shows (IMHO LOL <3)--Tokyo 2, Osaka, First Two Central Parks, toronto, PHilly, Brooklyn, Spain, Brisbane, Kc, Chicago (Gehry), Last Brixton, Melbourne 1, Bologna, Denmark, Greek Berkeley.

"good", could have been more electric (imho LOL )--tokyo festival, glasgow, third london, baltimore, pitchfork, matador, atp,

Setlist writer for whole tour, sports bro--BOb nastanovich
Person who makes fun stuff happen offstage, person to look at if you are bummed on stage--Mark Ibold
Oz nightlife expert, master of the tremolo pedal--Scott Kannberg
Steadiest and best attitude, most improved, fellow deep breeder--Steve West
Best side stage fan--whitty whit whit

time to look forward

perfect jicks forever,d

sm

Old 11-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
Morlock
Ownz

I am so loking forward to his collaboration with Beck. Both Beck's and the Jicks' latest albums were great.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlock View Post
In comparison to Billy's posts, just take a look at the sheer negativity you get from Stephen Malkmus:

hello jicks people, as you know 2010 was dedicated to pavement.....what can i say--it was an unbelievable year. so many places so many great moments. so great to hang with my original indie gangsters. It will take months to come to grips with it. Thanks to all of you all who came out to see us--it felt like we never left!!! I wanna thank the crew (MVP Dan MAPP) and boche billions--but most of all my family who supported me as i messed around with guitar tunings and hotel internet for nearly a year.

The message board here has morphed and become a pretty personal place -- . awesome--its yours, I hope you stick around for digital eternity. 0ur future wise--we started recording with beck hansen in the late winter, and plan on getting back into it before the year is over... I dont know when the record will come out or what it will sound like. It is in a protools state of non reality right now. THis is kinda boring to read...........The record will be , uh, Amazing!

oh MIke Clark is touring with Corrine Tucker (sleater-TUff) this fall so check that out if you get a chance.

Pavement wrap up
Loudest fans--Atlanta, Bologna
Best Shows (IMHO LOL <3)--Tokyo 2, Osaka, First Two Central Parks, toronto, PHilly, Brooklyn, Spain, Brisbane, Kc, Chicago (Gehry), Last Brixton, Melbourne 1, Bologna, Denmark, Greek Berkeley.

"good", could have been more electric (imho LOL )--tokyo festival, glasgow, third london, baltimore, pitchfork, matador, atp,

Setlist writer for whole tour, sports bro--BOb nastanovich
Person who makes fun stuff happen offstage, person to look at if you are bummed on stage--Mark Ibold
Oz nightlife expert, master of the tremolo pedal--Scott Kannberg
Steadiest and best attitude, most improved, fellow deep breeder--Steve West
Best side stage fan--whitty whit whit

time to look forward

perfect jicks forever,d

sm

I'm not real a Pavement/Malkmus fan but that post makes me want to be one. Wow appreciation for your fans what a novel concept.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #20
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

this has never really been about pavement, it's always been about pitchfork and the juxtaposed opinions they hold of the two bands. billy is insulting pavement the same way you insult someones girlfriend to get them riled up.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
ilikeplanets
Braindead

And sadly, that shit usually works.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #22
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
can anyone illustrate me on what the fuck is the alternative dream

like, playing twister with nirvana for the mtv or something like that

Old 11-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono View Post
this has never really been about pavement, it's always been about pitchfork and the juxtaposed opinions they hold of the two bands. billy is insulting pavement the same way you insult someones girlfriend to get them riled up.
Floppy, no, no.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Good point from the jicks board:
"Can you imagine malkmus touring with a bunch of other guys and calling it pavement"

Old 11-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #25
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astur View Post
can anyone illustrate me on what the fuck is the alternative dream

like, playing twister with nirvana for the mtv or something like that
I believe it is something about being so unknown and obscure that you never get mentioned in the media or sell a record while asserting that you have the greatest music ever to anyone who will listen and will readily exploit yourself to get your painted face posted on all the "edgy" websites...

Also it's about doing whatever the fuck you want to do without explaining yourself to anyone while at the same time claiming to feel "misunderstood" when nobody can tolerate your prickish behavior.

Basically it's all a bunch of meaningless hypocrisy.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #26
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono View Post
Actually The Pavement fight has a very long history:

The lyrics from another single from the album, "Range Life", criticized alternative rock stars The Smashing Pumpkins and the Stone Temple Pilots. Malkmus has insisted over the years that the line is meant to be light-hearted and is sung from the point of view of the aging hippie character in the song—later live versions of the track had the singer substituting "The Spice Girls", "The Counting Crows", or others for "Stone Temple Pilots". In response Smashing Pumpkins leader Billy Corgan threatened to drop his band from their slot headlining the 1994 Lollapalooza Festival if Pavement was allowed to play.[15] Corgan and Malkmus would trade barbs through the press for several years afterwards.[16][17]

Old 11-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #27
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
jealousy is such a sad thing
that would actually be envy, not jealousy.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #28
Eulogy
huh

oh my god you are such a fucking tool

please do try to elucidate what the relevant difference is in his post and why "jealousy" is used incorrectly

Old 11-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #29
The Omega Concern
Banned

you grammar policing this time or spell checking? paragraph constructing or testing comprehension?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #30
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
oh my god you are such a fucking tool

please do try to elucidate what the relevant difference is in his post and why "jealousy" is used incorrectly
it makes no difference