Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2021, 05:27 PM   #61
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Finally some sense

It's simple: any time he does or says something good it's sincere, and any time he says or does something bad it's a joke and is actually Good and Cool

He's not gonna fuck you (with his Diplodocus Dick), bro
That wasn't Corgan. That was Glass.

Old 10-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #62
Shallowed
Braindead

when we praise billy, we're being sincere

when we tear him down, it's just a comedy bit

Old 10-26-2021, 07:25 PM   #63
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
That wasn't Corgan. That was Glass.
Oh shit, I forgot all about that guy

Can we add some board functionality where I get to assign my choice of avatar to another user so I can know at a glance who the clowns are

Old 10-26-2021, 07:35 PM   #64
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

LOL, they stopped posting that same day

I hope they were like "Fuck, I've gotta nuke this account and start over" and discovered that signup is borked on the site

Old 10-26-2021, 09:16 PM   #65
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Lol, that guy was a clown. Still, he's only the runner-up to the poster who produced one of my favourite copypastas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaraflame View Post
Goodnight. Just for what its worth, civility and empathy underpin any good civilization. Rome fell for the taste of blood and rust. Its sad that some think I and we live in bubble wrapped utopia. Just lookin for a few more kind souls instead of the go fuck yourselves motley crew. Your mods should be civil and a few are as are a handful of you. To sp fans, forget legacy and silver lined trappings or wanderlust glories come and gone in cycles evermore. Just learn to be decent. Nobody gets there...we just try and that matters most.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:42 PM   #66
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Unhappy

Old 10-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #67
trev
charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
anyone have a copy of her facebook rant?
don't think i ever saw this, hope someone posts it

Old 10-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #68
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i build bollson up as Joey Goldberg

when i'm being a bully to b0llsack, that's just the marsbar marola

Old 10-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #69
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

He wrote some truly amazing shit in the 90s. I have a lot of criticisms for Billy as a person but I think he’s very damaged too. It doesn’t excuse his behavior of course.

Old 10-27-2021, 06:53 PM   #70
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

Billy is pretty tall, which I think we can all agree is an admirable quality.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #71
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
anyone have a copy of her facebook rant?
For twelve years you've been asking "Who is John Galt?" This is John Galt speaking. I'm the man who's taken away your victims and thus destroyed your world. You've heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis and that Man's sins are destroying the world. But your chief virtue has been sacrifice, and you've demanded more sacrifices at every disaster. You've sacrificed justice to mercy and happiness to duty. So why should you be afraid of the world around you?
Your world is only the product of your sacrifices. While you were dragging the men who made your happiness possible to your sacrificial altars, I beat you to it. I reached them first and told them about the game you were playing and where it would take them. I explained the consequences of your 'brother-love' morality, which they had been too innocently generous to understand. You won't find them now, when you need them more than ever.
We're on strike against your creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. If you want to know how I made them quit, I told them exactly what I'm telling you tonight. I taught them the morality of Reason -- that it was right to pursue one's own happiness as one's principal goal in life. I don't consider the pleasure of others my goal in life, nor do I consider my pleasure the goal of anyone else's life.
I am a trader. I earn what I get in trade for what I produce. I ask for nothing more or nothing less than what I earn. That is justice. I don't force anyone to trade with me; I only trade for mutual benefit. Force is the great evil that has no place in a rational world. One may never force another human to act against his/her judgment. If you deny a man's right to Reason, you must also deny your right to your own judgment. Yet you have allowed your world to be run by means of force, by men who claim that fear and joy are equal incentives, but that fear and force are more practical.
You've allowed such men to occupy positions of power in your world by preaching that all men are evil from the moment they're born. When men believe this, they see nothing wrong in acting in any way they please. The name of this absurdity is 'original sin'. That's impossible. That which is outside the possibility of choice is also outside the province of morality. To call sin that which is outside man's choice is a mockery of justice. To say that men are born with a free will but with a tendency toward evil is ridiculous. If the tendency is one of choice, it doesn't come at birth. If it is not a tendency of choice, then man's will is not free.

And then there's your 'brother-love' morality. Why is it moral to serve others, but not yourself? If enjoyment is a value, why is it moral when experienced by others, but not by you? Why is it immoral to produce something of value and keep it for yourself, when it is moral for others who haven't earned it to accept it? If it's virtuous to give, isn't it then selfish to take?
Your acceptance of the code of selflessness has made you fear the man who has a dollar less than you because it makes you feel that that dollar is rightfully his. You hate the man with a dollar more than you because the dollar he's keeping is rightfully yours. Your code has made it impossible to know when to give and when to grab.
You know that you can't give away everything and starve yourself. You've forced yourselves to live with undeserved, irrational guilt. Is it ever proper to help another man? No, if he demands it as his right or as a duty that you owe him. Yes, if it's your own free choice based on your judgment of the value of that person and his struggle. This country wasn't built by men who sought handouts. In its brilliant youth, this country showed the rest of the world what greatness was possible to Man and what happiness is possible on Earth.
Then it began apologizing for its greatness and began giving away its wealth, feeling guilty for having produced more than its neighbors. Twelve years ago, I saw what was wrong with the world and where the battle for Life had to be fought. I saw that the enemy was an inverted morality and that my acceptance of that morality was its only power. I was the first of the men who refused to give up the pursuit of his own happiness in order to serve others.
To those of you who retain some remnant of dignity and the will to live your lives for yourselves, you have the chance to make the same choice. Examine your values and understand that you must choose one side or the other. Any compromise between good and evil only hurts the good and helps the evil.
If you've understood what I've said, stop supporting your destroyers. Don't accept their philosophy. Your destroyers hold you by means of your endurance, your generosity, your innocence, and your love. Don't exhaust yourself to help build the kind of world that you see around you now. In the name of the best within you, don't sacrifice the world to those who will take away your happiness for it.
The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:
I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:47 AM   #72
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

he's also very humble and secure

https://www.facebook.com/smashingpum...7703627619394/

"based on MY design, from MY head, I came up with it FIRST"

jesus christ, b'arcy, give it a rest

Old 10-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #73
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post

Probably, like, 97% identical.

Also sold out.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:23 PM   #74
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

WTF
The guy went from scoffing at "nostalgia acts" to selling the fucking repro of his "glory days" shirt?!

Old 10-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #75
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 10-31-2021, 06:28 AM   #76
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
WTF
The guy went from scoffing at "nostalgia acts" to selling the fucking repro of his "glory days" shirt?!
To be fair it must be hard to have been the leader of arguably the biggest rock band in America when you were ~28-30 to being completely irrelevant and largely forgotten. Maybe that’s what drove him insane. He’s always been an arrogant tool though don’t get me wrong.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:04 AM   #77
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
completely irrelevant and largely forgotten.
I don't think this is fair.
every band that goes through ups eventually settles at a lower status.
I think Billy is only starting to get his stride not having to be the "biggest band in the world". It's doing him some good.

Old 10-31-2021, 08:59 PM   #78
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:

how can this video be real

which one of you deepfaked this? come on now seriously

i'm half laughing, half throwing up in my mouth

Old 11-01-2021, 06:21 AM   #79
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

I laughed at the 97%. Why 97? Why not 96 or 98?

And at that rate why didn't they make it 100%? What made it lose 3 percentage points?