Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Default PNC Pavillion in Charlotte..

Fellow NC netphorians.. not necessarily a roll (role?) call (because I know y'all will deny you're going ) have you been to the Charlotte Venue? How do you feel about lawn tickets?

PNC here in Raleigh is pretty dope and I had some seats to the last show here and it was good, but it's also mad small and I felt lawn seats would suffice.

TY for yer help in advance.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
tweedyburd
Ownz

If it's the same space as the old Blockbuster Pavilion (I'm 99% sure it is) then it's a bit larger/more spread out than the one in Raleigh. I had lawn tickets there for REM/Wilco back in the day and they were fine but lawn seats in Raleigh (from memory) seemed closer and the overall experience better. I haven't been to the pavilion in Charlotte in many years though. I'm taking my four year old and we're getting lawn seats!

Old 03-29-2019, 04:21 AM   #3
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

The only fear with lawn seats is that they'll dump them for cheap on groupon the week before the show and you end up near loud, obnoxious shits only there to get fucked up to rat in a cage. That said, even if they were giving tickets away, I can't see Billy filling the lawn full enough that you wouldn't be able to find a spot away from any undesirables.

I've thought about going to the show but I don't know if I can handle any more old man Bill.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:34 AM   #4
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post

I've thought about going to the show but I don't know if I can handle any more old man Bill.
What about slowed down lifeless album versions of all your favorite songs?

Old 04-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

So I am officially going. With my buddy who I ironically met on an MMPORG randomly when I still lived in Ireland when I was 13/14 (he is also a netphorian). I am SO SAD that he has NEVER seen any iteration other than what we will see. We will have those shitty lawn seats. It'll be grand. I just feel so bad for him.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #6
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
That's what weed and alcohol is for sir/madam.