Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2021, 11:00 PM   #91
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
The information I have to base my opinion off of is literally from ERW herself.
It looks a whole lot like cherry-picking when you selectively disregard the Evan Rachel Wood quotes that don't conform to your preferred narrative, though.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:07 PM   #92
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

I am more than willing to read those. I am more than willing to change my opinion. I was a big Manson fan and have collected magazines that featured their time together. Totally room for bias in that regard. I admit that.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:12 PM   #93
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Linda Strawberry was originally going to be the bassist for SP 2. There is 2006 rehearsal footage.

Kerry Brown's 2009 Blogspot name "Glittercop" was taken from a 2006 side project featuring Linda, Billy, Kerry, an unnamed third dude. LS made a FB post about it in 2019 with a higher quality image than I have from the band's photo session. She wrongly attributes it to 2008, though.

This is the only known photo of Billy on a swing:

Old 02-04-2021, 11:36 PM   #94
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Yeah right that's my next door neighbor Terry.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:06 AM   #95
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
I didn’t think it was possible for anyone to be a bigger asshat on here than me, but Avery has done it. Congrats
You are 100% correct, which is something I never thought I would say.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:19 AM   #96
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I was abused by a neighbor in a severe manner. I never wanted to see them again in my life. Maybe that's my "narrow lens" but that was my experience. When I was in group therapy, it was a pretty much normal behavior to feel that way. In years of doing sporadic research on why I didn't really have the typical long lasting response to it I noticed that to be a trend.

I just don't buy ERW's story. If you make things public, the public can judge or form opinions. It conflicts with so much information about their time together that it seems so off to me.
That’s terrible, sorry to hear you were molested by a neighbor

Not to split hairs but i think the abuse dynamic involves a power differential and has different effects on the brain than say, molestation by a neighbor or acquaintance. So yay abuse comes in all flavors and ways! And jacks us up forever in totally weird and unique ways! So it’s just about opening up and listening i think

But anyway, yeah sorry, thanks for sharing your stories and exclusive playground pics on here with us

Old 02-05-2021, 01:07 AM   #97
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I was a very passive Manson fan but bought We Are Chaos on vinyl and thought he progressed and matured
But he’s clearly a mega POS and that’s just the reality

Old 02-05-2021, 01:42 AM   #98
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Alright so as others have said, abuse affects people differently and it can sometimes take years for people to even realize that not only were they abused, but that it was a deliberate attempt by someone else and they are in fact a psychopathic, or at least very fucked up, person.

I stayed with my ex who was a literal child molester (he told me) from 14-19 years old and then I never told anyone for almost something like 4 years after I left that he had so much as said a bad thing to me let alone all the fucked up shit he did that I am still not over 15 years later.

Being in a dynamic as a young person with a rich older man (and yes 36 -> 18 counts) really fucks up your brain. Expectations by the media to appear as some kind of strong person who was on even heels with crazy ass Marilyn Manson over years is very hard to break with even when you decide you want to.

Talking to people about abuse is very fucking hard and people are also not always all bad. Perhaps she did enjoy being with him in some respects and was compartmentalizing the bad times as much as possible. Plus, you know, knowing that when you did tell people would take anything you did that showed affection to the person at any time as evidence that you are manipulating the situation because you're some washed up bitch trying to make money only makes you, I assume, push it off even more.

In conclusion, stop thinking you know anything about long term abuse with people in an extreme power imbalance if you've never gone through it, or even if you have, because it's like a cult of 2 and no one who was not there can really understand. It is very unlikely that this information is false and coming into it from the lens of let me find anything that happened that contradicts that MM was a complete piece of shit and/or let me find anything positive Wood said about him over the years as proof that she is lying is the wrong thing to do. Believe victims, no one wants to talk about this shit

Old 02-05-2021, 02:13 AM   #99
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Read up on complex PTSD, it fuckin' sucks.

I don't even have a lot of the really drastic PTSD symptoms in regular PTSD anymore (like flashbacks - very rare) but god damn do I have Complex PTSD. More complicated reactions to trauma that is long term looks a lot different from regular PTSD from one event or even several events that are highly compartmentalized from everyday life. It's more like being a POW, and yeah Stockholm Syndrome-type effects can definitely occur

Old 02-05-2021, 06:38 AM   #100
Elphenor
Braindead

if the 80s had "college rock" the 90s had "weird older guy that's still at the high school parties" Rock

Old 02-05-2021, 06:50 AM   #101
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

the 2020s have Elphenor

Old 02-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #102
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Good god has anyone seen this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK5gjqdB...d=gt9pwj8xy0x9

This is some fucked up shit and this poor woman is clearly permanently damaged

Old 02-05-2021, 09:44 AM   #103
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Alright so as others have said, abuse affects people differently and it can sometimes take years for people to even realize that not only were they abused, but that it was a deliberate attempt by someone else and they are in fact a psychopathic, or at least very fucked up, person.

I stayed with my ex who was a literal child molester (he told me) from 14-19 years old and then I never told anyone for almost something like 4 years after I left that he had so much as said a bad thing to me let alone all the fucked up shit he did that I am still not over 15 years later.

Being in a dynamic as a young person with a rich older man (and yes 36 -> 18 counts) really fucks up your brain. Expectations by the media to appear as some kind of strong person who was on even heels with crazy ass Marilyn Manson over years is very hard to break with even when you decide you want to.

Talking to people about abuse is very fucking hard and people are also not always all bad. Perhaps she did enjoy being with him in some respects and was compartmentalizing the bad times as much as possible. Plus, you know, knowing that when you did tell people would take anything you did that showed affection to the person at any time as evidence that you are manipulating the situation because you're some washed up bitch trying to make money only makes you, I assume, push it off even more.

In conclusion, stop thinking you know anything about long term abuse with people in an extreme power imbalance if you've never gone through it, or even if you have, because it's like a cult of 2 and no one who was not there can really understand. It is very unlikely that this information is false and coming into it from the lens of let me find anything that happened that contradicts that MM was a complete piece of shit and/or let me find anything positive Wood said about him over the years as proof that she is lying is the wrong thing to do. Believe victims, no one wants to talk about this shit

Real Truth

Old 02-05-2021, 09:49 AM   #104
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

He also seemed to know this was coming out. We Are Chaos seems to be about him knowing he was about to go down now. This is all weird performance art, what a fucking edge lord creep

Possibly also schizophrenic

Rot in jail

Last edited by ninsp : 02-05-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #105
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

schizophrenic?

More like sociopathic narcissist

Old 02-05-2021, 11:23 AM   #106
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
He also seemed to know this was coming out. We Are Chaos seems to be about him knowing he was about to go down now. This is all weird performance art, what a fucking edge lord creep

Possibly also schizophrenic

Rot in jail
Using schizophrenic like this increases stigma and is just plain incorrect. Schizophrenia is not interchangeable (in fact is not even related to except in so far as they are both mental illnesses/conditions) with psychopathy.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #107
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Using schizophrenic like this increases stigma and is just plain incorrect. Schizophrenia is not interchangeable (in fact is not even related to except in so far as they are both mental illnesses/conditions) with psychopathy.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354443

Old 02-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #108
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Good god has anyone seen this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK5gjqdB...d=gt9pwj8xy0x9

This is some fucked up shit and this poor woman is clearly permanently damaged
Maybe I am just in denial or something but that sounds nothing like Manson on the recordings. Doesn't really look like his thought process and typing, either.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #109
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Are you making some sort of point

Old 02-05-2021, 02:01 PM   #110
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

it seems the "Mayo Clinic" may side with the ninster on this one!

Old 02-05-2021, 02:08 PM   #111
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

But it doesn't though

MM might have narcissistic delusions but he is clearly high functioning and someone who gaslights people like he apparently does clearly has a firm grip on not only reality but how to fuck with someone else's.

Regardless, the behavior spoken about by his partners is not characteristic of a person with schizophrenia. I guess it is possible he has schizophrenia that is usually well controlled but that would not explain this behavior at all

Old 02-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #112
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Question for AveryLoren:

How many fedoras do you currently own?

Old 02-05-2021, 03:07 PM   #113
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Question for AveryLoren:

How many fedoras do you currently own?
Going down the wrong path. I'm the 30 y/o emo guy.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #114
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Maybe I am just in denial or something but that sounds nothing like Manson on the recordings. Doesn't really look like his thought process and typing, either.
Definitely sounds like a drunk Manson

Old 02-05-2021, 03:54 PM   #115
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Can't be him. I was with Manson the night that he didn't leave those recordings. I know he didn't do it.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:02 PM   #116
Disco King
Minion of Satan

And by "with him," I mean that I was listening to Antichrist Superstar on repeat while lighting matches and letting them burn down to my fingers in my room. I like the pain. It makes me feel closer to my hero, Marilyn Manson, when I do it. I'm pretty much right there with him, no matter how far we are. I know he can smell the Sweet Chilli Doritos on my breath, we're so close. And so I know that it's not him on those recordings.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:17 PM   #117
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Sweet Chilli Doritos (Are Made of Cheese)

Old 02-05-2021, 04:18 PM   #118
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
And by "with him," I mean that I was listening to Antichrist Superstar on repeat while lighting matches and letting them burn down to my fingers in my room. I like the pain. It makes me feel closer to my hero, Marilyn Manson, when I do it. I'm pretty much right there with him, no matter how far we are. I know he can smell the Sweet Chilli Doritos on my breath, we're so close. And so I know that it's not him on those recordings.
This is a lie as I was with him that night. And by him I mean my several hundred magazines. We were listening to Mechanical Animals and dripping hot wax on our nipples.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:52 PM   #119
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

del

Old 02-05-2021, 06:17 PM   #120
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

who's this Billy anyway