Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
TheNightMare
Amish Rake Fighter

Default 'Oceania' Review Aggregator

No explanation needed. Official reviews from newspapers and Web sites.

A.V. Club: B
"It may be too late for Corgan to reclaim the alt-rock throne he’s long pretended to have no interest in, but with Oceania he’s finally delivered the Smashing Pumpkins album that everybody wanted the first time he decided to revive the name."

About.com: 4/5 stars
"Corgan has claimed that friends who had heard Oceania had claimed it was his best since Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Time will tell, but for now it’s clear that Oceania is the first Smashing Pumpkins record since then to fully stimulate the senses and stir the heart."

AllMusic: 4/5 stars
"Following up on, and in many ways amending, much of the bombastic overcompensation of 2007's Zeitgeist, Smashing Pumpkins 2012 release Oceania is an exuberant, gloriously melodic, fluid return to form for Billy Corgan."

theAmp: 8/10
"Overall, it’s a great return from The Smashing Pumpkins, but it’s also a great prologue for them to continue off on their next release."

An Focal: 83/100
"This album is a supreme return to form by Corgan and company. After the bad taste Zeitgeist left, Oceania is a vibrant, expressive joy of an album."

antiquiet: 4/5 stars
"It’s officially time to drop the pitchforks and stop complaining about Corgan keeping the band name – Oceania has made it clear that he still possesses the ability to write a Pumpkins’ album, and the new band is more than capable of joining him for the ride."

Artistdirect.com: 5/5 stars
"Oceania is the year's best rock record and a milestone for the genre."

The Arts Desk: 4/5 stars
"... prune away all the baggage and Oceania stands up as a very plausible specimen of Pumpkinness."

AwkwardSound: 8/10
"Let's hope Oceania isn't just an obligatory 'formal album' project to keep the Smashing Pumpkins' brand name in the spotlight before he goes off the deep end again, because if Billy Corgan has shown the world anything here, it's that he can be just as good as most of us remember, just as long as he wants to be."

BBC: (favorable)
"Straddling the line between art and commerce, between arena rock and cult devotion, for the first time in quite a while Billy Corgan and The Smashing Pumpkins sound energised and alive."

Boston Globe: (favorable)
"A classic-rock guy at heart, Corgan occasionally emulates Pink Floyd and the Who; but overall the Pumpkins leave an original stamp on this package."

The Boston Phoenix: 4/4 stars
"On Oceania, the band's (unexpectedly) jaw-dropping ninth studio album (a stand-alone movement within the ongoing, song-at-a-time series Teargarden by Kaleidyscope), Corgan finally sounds comfortable being himself again — and that reinvigorated confidence results in the year's most outstanding rock album."

Calgary Herald: 4/5 stars
"It’s as sure-handed and successfully realized a vision as he’s had since the double-album Mellon Collie, and one that should have Corgan returning to the head of the class for beautiful, brooding, melodic rock."

Chicago Sun-Times: 4/4 stars
"Dedicated fans can feel vindicated. Wayward souls can return to the flock. Doubters can hush up. Those who feared Corgan was getting strangely distracted -- the pro-wrestling group, the North Shore tea shop -- can rest easy."

Chicago Tribune/CLTV: 3.5/4 stars
"For once the comparisons to ‘90s Pumpkins don’t ring hollow."

Contactmusic.com: (unfavorable)
"Whether or not it's a personnel issue, or the fire has simply gone out, 'Oceania' is troubled by its own weakness and lack of potency or direction."

Corey in Training: (mixed)
"While it’s far from boring, the album lacks a distinctive likeability. The songs are good, not great and not as extraordinary as they should be if they want to be apart of the best rock album of 2012."

Consequence of Sound: 4/5 stars
"He’s carved out an agreeable adventure with Oceania, and one that any casual or die-hard fan can embrace with true vigor."

Crave Online: 8/10 stars
"The record stands alone as its own statement, made by not just Corgan but also a real band behind him."

Daily Express: 4/5
"Oceania’s songs are epic and widescreen but, crucially, taut and focused while, for all its alpha-male swagger, pastoral themed lyrics of love and longing give the record plenty of heart (albeit walking a fine line between opaque and downright pretentious)."

Daily Nebraskan: A-
"This new studio release is a juggernaut that is going to take a couple of listens in order to let it sink in because it’s more experimental than what fans may be used to."

diffuser.fm: 7/10
"That an album can be so silly and so serious is enchanting. For lack of a better term, ‘Oceania’ is a soundscape, something to drift along with on a long summer of the cosmos."

Discubed: 4.5/5 stars
"An esoteric experience to be enjoyed in its entirety, this album is so much more than just a collection of singles pre-packaged for mass consumption."

Dose: 4/5 stars
"It's as sure-handed and successfully realized a vision as he’s had since the double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, and one that should have Corgan returning to the head of the class for beautiful, brooding, melodic rock."

Drunk Monkeys: B+
"We’re much too far too far beyond any real sense of what 'Smashing Pumpkins' is or can be to refer to this as a return to form, but still, it’s good to know that the Old Bald Dude is out there, takin’ ‘er easy for all us rock n roll sinners."

Entertainment Weekly (currently print-only): C
"It never breaks out of a gauzy prison of pleasantness."

Georgia Straight: (favorable)
"Will Oceania unseat Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness , or even Adore , as your go-to Smashing Pumpkins LP? Probably not. But it is good enough to suggest that Corgan has earned the right to be a cocky asshole once in a while."

GigWise: 4/5 stars
"Listen to ‘Oceania’ in the hopes of another ‘Melon Collie’ and you’ll be disappointed. But take it as a new Smashing Pumpkins album and it isn’t half bad at all."

Grunge Report: A-
"Overall, this is definitely the best Smashing Pumpkins album since 1998′s Adore. It’s definitely the best his voice has sounded since then, and also the most inspired."

The Guardian: 2/5 stars
"When it finds focus, as it does on the lean, certain The Celestials and The Chimera, it's a clear, timely reminder that Corgan can be a fine songwriter. But elsewhere, and too often, tracks chug and puff along a bloated path to nowhere."

Hear Me Out: (favorable)
"This album creates a happy medium between the past and how the band are trying to push forward in the future."

The Independent: 3/5 stars
"In truth, Oceania is best listened to in bits. Like, for example, 'One Diamond, One Heart', 'The Celestials' and 'My Love is Winter', on which the Pumpkins' pomposity becomes a positive."

Junk Food for Thought: (favorable)
"This may be the first album by the band that the world at large has paid attention to since the Clinton administration, but to us diehards it's just another great addition to Corgan and company's body of work."

Kerrang!: 4/5 stars
"This isn't a record that gives up its secrets easily; instead, it rewards patience."

Las Vegas Weekly: 2.5/5 stars
"... while there are a handful of catchy, energetic songs on Oceania (notably the excellent 'My Love Is Winter'), it’s mostly unremarkable, with Corgan and his latest bandmates offering little that distinguishes the album from the larger, similarly inconsistent project surrounding it."

London Evening Standard: 4/5 stars
"Corgan’s lyrics are simple yet opaque — nebulous love and coloured lights abound — and the suspicion remains that he is neither grunge nor pomp rocker at heart but more of a good old-fashioned hippy."

London Free Press: 4/5 stars
"... his ‘album-within-an-album’ bears all the classic Pumpkins hallmarks: Searing guitars and busy drums, epic songs and complex arrangements, wistful romanticism and bombastic grandeur. His best work in years."

Louder Than War: (unfavorable)
"Oceania is a like a sanitized journey through the rock history from Jefferson Airship through Reo Speedwagon, Yes and White Snake before beaching itself on the credibility of the early Smashing Pumpkins."

Loudwire: 3.5/5 stars
"The Smashing Pumpkins showcase incredible chemistry, giving hope that the band, again, has the potential to be a dominating force in the world of alt-rock."

Mapped by What Surrounded Them: Yeah Daddy Make Me Want It
"While Oceania won't fit neatly in their canon of classic albums, it is by far Corgan's most cohesive Smashing Pumpkins' record in years, and for that alone it is worth listening."

Metro: (favorable)
"From the restless, revved-up Zeppelinesque opener Quasar through to the hypnotic, synth-heavy comedown closer Wildflower, Oceania is an album of satisfyingly varied textures and moods."

MishkaNYC: D
"Seems like pop music vomited in a bag 20 years ago and this is what’s left of it."

Montreal Gazette: 4/5 stars
"Oceania sounds like his Presence crossed with his In Through the Out Door, through the epic-within-an-epic nine-minute title track and its crazed ride-out."

Mountain Weekly News: (favorable)
"Nothing on _Oceania_ sounds like filler in the least. And, ultimately, isn’t that what we’re all looking for in an album?"

musicOMH: 3.5/5 stars
"... on the whole it's an album that finally, after a dozen years, shows that there can be a place for the Pumpkins in the 21st century."

The Musician Reviewer: (favorable)
"While I enjoyed several tracks on this album, I wouldn’t call this a “return-to-form” for the Smashing Pumpkins. And while I would say this is a must-listen album (if only for its historical value), I wouldn’t call it a must-have album."

The Music Moms: (favorable)
"The other day a friend of mine posted on his Facebook wall saying something like 'Does anyone care that The Smashing Pumpkins are putting out music without any original members?' Well after listening to Oceania my response is: yes, I care. And so should you."

New Adventures in Hi-Fi: (favorable)
"Drip-feeding tracks through the Teargarden project is still a disjointed way of releasing new music, and while a lot of good stuff has come out of it, the focus of crafting Oceania as an album in the middle of it has definitely paid off. And so has the patience of Smashing Pumpkins fans like me, because this time, they really are back."

New Musical Express (NME): 6/10
"A bloated final act descends into the psychedelic sameness that's cursed too much of Smashing Pumpkins' post-'90s output, and you're bored again."

New York Post: 3/4 stars
"There’s loads of worthwhile stuff here, from distorted guitar-driven grunge such as 'Quasar' to the progish 'One Diamond, One Heart.'"

New Zealand Herald: 4/5 stars
"Verdict: Nineties alt-rock titans finally find some smashing form"

No Ripcord: 7/10
"... while Corgan feels reinvigorated, utterly convinced that’s he’s finally nailed it this time, the final product doesn’t hold up as an entirely ingenious one. What it does, however, is give some validity to a band that is long overdue the banner of respect it actually deserves."

...ology: B+
"... it's simply a really good new album, one that deserves to be referenced and included in the company of the classic Smashing Pumpkins albums it delightfully demonstrates little interest in resembling."

OurVinyl: (favorable)
"The album is a collision of all the sounds the Pumpkins have ever explored: From grunge, gothic rock, heavy metal, pop and psychedelic. This is a completely new, fresh start for The Smashing Pumpkins; giving Placebo a run for their money."

Paste Magazine: 8.3/10
"It’s almost as if the Pumpkins were using this Teargarden set to fully gear up for Oceania, which is the group’s most focused, and solid effort since 2000’s Machina/The Machines of God."

Pitchfork: 6/10
"... the songs themselves lack the soaring melodies Corgan used to grace them with, and his voice is a little rougher, coarser. The arrangements suffer from a whiff of generic, corporate-rock slickness."

Pop! Blerd: A-
"In the grand scheme of the Smashing Pumpkins discography, I would probably put this album third or fourth in the depth chart behind Siamese Dream and Adore."

PopDose: (favorable)
"Add the Smashing Pumpkins to a list of dearly departed bands that have returned in recent years (Devo, Blancmange, Duran Duran, OMD) — not as nostalgia acts, but as bands that miraculously recaptured the spark that made them special in the first place before moving forward."

Pop Matters (Take 1): 7/10
"Oceania is definitely not without its faults, but with repeated listens and an honest approach to the metrics and themes Corgan’s hitting, this rhizomed Pumpkins reboot will dispel your notions that the Pumpkins can’t exist without its other three founding members."

Pop Matters (Take 2): 4/10
"Billy Corgan can’t ever quite muster up the magic of the Pumpkins’ early years because, to be honest, the songs just aren’t good enough."

Pursuit of Dopeness: 4/5 stars
"Once you get past the initial feeling of nostalgia, fans can enjoy this album as another classic from the Pumpkins."

Q101: (mixed)
"To our ears, there aren’t any hits. A few tunes are pretty damn solid though."

A Reasonable Good Ear: (favorable)
"Oceania is the type of album that we long suffering Smashing Pumpkin fans never thought that we would get to experience."

RedEye: 3/4 stars
"'Oceania,' the first full-length Pumpkins album since 2007's 'Zeitgeist,' is the best thing Corgan and Co. have produced in quite some time."

The Review Busters: 7.5/10
"Oceania has the general sound of the Smashing Pumpkins, but it is a combination of Adore and Siamese Dream. Yeah, that sounds good, but combing those two albums and having the “new” Smashing Pumpkins making Oceania, not the best effort."

Rolling Stone: 3/5 stars
"...it's also a good stand-alone record, a bong-prog take on the alt-rock grandeur of Gish and Siamese Dream."

The Ruse of Fools: 9/10
"Some people will be down on this album because as of now there is no single, and because once again Billy didn't just make a Siamese and the Infinite Sadness rehash to please the radio and MTV...but that's what I like about it."

Seemingly Theatrical: (favorable)
"Corgan and Co. have found a rhythm many thought disappeared with the discombobulated releases of the 00s, Machina and Zeitgeist, and we are all better off for it."

Slant Magazine: 3.5/5 stars
"The album effectively conjures much of the band's lost charisma while shedding the forced, clumsy, and otherwise ill-conceived qualities of Zeitgeist and Teagarden."

Sloucher: 5/5 stars
"Oceania. I’d hate to say this is a return to form because… who the fuck knows what is the 'form' of Smashing Pumpkins?"

Space Giraffe: (favorable)
"The bottom line here is that The Smashing Pumpkins aren’t just an aging rock band trying to recapture their youth again, they sound rejuvenated and excited about music again."

The Speaker Box Below: 7.5/10
"Oceania might not be up there with some of their previous work but it certainly re-captures both the audiences imagination and interest."

Sputnikmusic: 4.5 stars
"Corgan and his group should be praised. Instead of relying upon the old classics, touring the same old stuff, he and SP have forged ahead to create a record that could well be the catalyst of a stellar second era for one of rock’s more interesting groups."

Stereogum: (favorable)
"It’s typical to overreact when a once-great artist — previously believed to be deep into his dotage — hits that sweet spot again, but I don’t think I’m being hyperbolic when I say that Oceania is Corgan’s best album since Mary Star Of The Sea, and the best Smashing Pumpkins album since … Melon Collie [sic]?"

Stereo Killer: 5/5 stars
"In a time when most of our rock music comes in safe and easily digestible capsules, Oceania is a testament to when bands would take risks and I think we needed this record more than we realize."

StrangeLuv: A-
"This is easily the Pumpkins best album since 1995′s Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness [sic]. It’s not even a question."

Tap Milwaukee: (favorable)
"'Oceania' isn't so epic as its length implies, but Corgan rolls smoothly through its waves."

The Thrill of It All: (unfavorable)
"Oceania has the same feel to it as its lyrics – something that came many years too late, and brought very little to contribute to the musical scene."

The Way That He Sings: 8/10
"What we have with Oceania is the classic Pumpkins drums, the Corgan guitar – and this time with a flare for the melodic hook along with small breaks from the guitar onslaught."

Toronto Sun: 4/5 stars
"In keeping, this ‘album-within-an-album’ bears all the classic Pumpkins hallmarks: Searing guitars and busy drums, epic songs and complex arrangements, wistful romanticism and bombastic grandeur. His best work in years."

Ultimate Guitar: 8.3/10
"Really, when I put my nostalgic emotions behind me, this isn't a bad album and for the current musical environment it is outstanding."

USA Today: 3.5/4 stars
"The current lineup bears no resemblance to the original, save for founder Billy Corgan, the engimatic visionary whose creative engines are roaring with an intensity and creative pluck unmatched since his mid-'90s classics."

Washington Times: 3.5/5 stars
"... no version of the band has rocked this hard in a decade, and 'Oceania' proves that a good album is a good album … no matter how it’s released."

WBRU: (unfavorable)
"Listen to it. Please tell me that I am wrong. I want to love every second of this album just as I do all of their others. But I just can’t."

Wicked Mike: (favorable)
"Rock borders on metal, held together by the alternate vocals of Billy Corgan, a god of the Nineties reminding us that gods don’t die."

Last edited by TheNightMare : 06-21-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
andrewface
Apocalyptic Poster

wow mostly favourable!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Shallowed
Braindead

What makes a review any more official than say, people who write reviews on Rate Your Music? Is it because they get paid to write reviews?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

wasn't there already a thread for this.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
The Pump King
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
wasn't there already a thread for this.
This one is much better, assuming OP updates the 1st post as new reviews come in.

Here's a new one from straight.com. No rating, but positive:

Smashing Pumpkins' Oceania is Billy Corgan's best work in over a decade

http://www.straight.com/article-7122...rk-over-decade

Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

it's not better because all the obnoxious comments from the first thread are now gone.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
The Pump King
Pledge

London Free Press 4/5

http://www.lfpress.com/entertainment.../19862656.html

Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
TheNightMare
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pump King View Post
This one is much better, assuming OP updates the 1st post as new reviews come in.
I will update regularly with new reviews that are in English.

In terms of the big 'uns, AllMusic posted today!

Old 06-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
TheNightMare
Amish Rake Fighter

Brand new from Discubed...

Discubed: 4.5/5 stars
"An esoteric experience to be enjoyed in its entirety, this album is so much more than just a collection of singles pre-packaged for mass consumption."

Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

billy must be happy as fuck with these reviews

Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Shallowed
Braindead

Naw, he'll find something to be bitter about.

He's so much like us and he doesn't even realise it.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
TuralyonW3
Immortal

He'll bitch about how good reviews don't translate into sales because the audience isn't smart or refined enough

Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #13
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

he really is the king of netphoria, whether he accepts it or not

Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #14
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i say this good heartedly

Old 06-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Aside from maybe about 3 of those syndications I have never heard about the other ones. I must be getting fucking old.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #16
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

Daily Nebraskan: A-

Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #17
the_marked
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
good reviews don't translate into sales
Adore

Old 06-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #18
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

gotta be honest, I've been listening to Violet Rays a shitload, My Love is Winter as well

Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #19
TheNightMare
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_marked View Post
Adore
Pretty sure Adore did not get good reviews on release. A lot of people considered it a travesty in it's departure from the harder rock they had done in the past, and many also bemoaned the firing of Chamberlain.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #20
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightMare View Post
Pretty sure Adore did not get good reviews on release. A lot of people considered it a travesty in it's departure from the harder rock they had done in the past, and many also bemoaned the firing of Chamberlain.
>>>

Quote:
Critical reception to Adore was generally positive. Greg Kot of Rolling Stone magazine regarded Adore as "the most intimate album the Pumpkins have ever made and also the prettiest, a parade of swooning melodies and gentle, unfolding nocturnes." Ryan Schreiber of Pitchfork Media described the album as "the Pumpkins' best offering since Siamese Dream." Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic described Adore as "a hushed, elegiac album that sounds curiously out of time," though he noted that the album "ultimately isn't a brave step forward." Adore was considered one of "an inspiring range of 25 classic alternative American albums" by The Guardian. The lyrics received particular praise from critics—Jim DeRogatis of the Chicago Sun-Times, who in 1993 had criticized Corgan's lyrics as "too often sound[ing] like sophomoric poetry", said Corgan "took a big leap forward as a lyricist" starting with Adore. Schreiber, who criticized Mellon Collie as "lyrical rock-bottom", called Adore's lyrics "poetic", particularly singling out "To Sheila". Greg Kot emphasized the "oblique, private longings, and weighty, sometimes awkward conceits" in the lyrics, while David Browne of Entertainment Weekly called them "unsettled and unsettling." The contributions of Wretzky and Iha also received praise, with Kot noting that "Iha's quirky guitar accents and Wretzky's unflashy resolve [. . .] give Adore a warmth and camaraderie no other Pumpkins album can match."

Despite this, public reception to Adore was lukewarm. Adore entered the Billboard album charts at number two with 174,000 units of the album sold, and was certified platinum by the RIAA five weeks later, but the album soon departed the charts, leaving Adore far short of the sales figures of its predecessors. Two additional promotional singles, "Crestfallen" and "To Sheila", were released to radio stations but failed to gain traction and were never released as commercial singles. Promotion for Adore finished by the end of 1998, in contrast to the 2 year touring and promotion schedule for Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

Corgan initially blamed fans for the failure, then himself, saying that he "made the mistake of telling people it was a techno record" and that if he "would have told everyone Adore was the Pumpkins' acoustic album we would have never had the problems that we had." By the end of 1998, Corgan, who would later call the making of Adore "one of the most painful experiences of my life", was already writing material for the band's next album, and Jimmy Chamberlin was readmitted into the band.
Souce:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adore_%...pkins_album%29

Old 06-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #22
Morlock
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
gotta be honest, I've been listening to Violet Rays a shitload, My Love is Winter as well
Violet Ray, My Love is Winter and Pale Horse are the highlights of this album.

Oceania is okay. If I bought it, it wouldn't be the worst album I bought this year...

I got one question: the sputnick review says that the drumming on the album has been heavily edited with Pro Tools. Is there any truth to that? I can't hear it.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #23
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
In that sense, it's on par with The Dark Side of the Moon
To read things like that... plz no thanks go fuck off with those reviews. (And I dislike Pink Floyd...)
To fuckin dumb reviewers are shit heads who listen to each Smashing Pumpkins album only once in their lives, are guys who listen to Adore 14 years ago or Machinas 10 years ago ONCE and that's it.
And probably some of them are too young and never listened to Pisces Iscariot or Gish even.
More deeper: they for example never should had listen to Chicago Songs or any of the millions bootlegs with B-sides or demos versions SP had.
So they know a shit about Smashing Pumpkins to make a review of a Smashing Pumpkins album.

And if you judge Oceania only by the "quality perspective", well, definitely this is not a masterpiece album. And this is easy to spot, I think.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #24
The Pump King
Pledge

Pop Matters 4/10

Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #25
TheNightMare
Amish Rake Fighter

Lots of new reviews posted.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #26
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
What makes a review any more official than say, people who write reviews on Rate Your Music? Is it because they get paid to write reviews?
what makes _____ any more significant than say, the same thing made by regular, average jackoffs? Is it because they get paid to _______?

Old 06-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #27
meangreensp
Ownz

That PopMatters review for the 4/10 was perhaps the worst thing I've ever read. By his account, any music not current is bad.

Wow.

Good reviews keep rolling in. I dig it.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
slunken
Virgo

after watching that patty schemel documentary i wonder how many other 90s rock bands had ghost musicians in the studio

i wonder if mike is even playing on oceania

Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
meangreensp
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
after watching that patty schemel documentary i wonder how many other 90s rock bands had ghost musicians in the studio

i wonder if mike is even playing on oceania
don't you hear the shitty snare sound?

he definitely is

Old 06-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
slunken
Virgo

i like violet rays the best now. something about the vocal melody or lyrics in pale horse were throwing me off last night.