Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #31
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel View Post
What's interesting is that Billy's pretty much conirming that there will be at LEAST 41+ individual songs played this tour. Right?

-At least 20 different songs for Black Sunshine
-At least 20 different songs for White Crosses
-At least 1 song not played at the 2-night stands for the Special Shows

Couldn't ask for more, really.

I can't wait!
How about unique setlists every night? How about some originality?

It's amazing what a hack Corgan has become.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #32
Eulogy
huh

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
How about unique setlists every night? How about some originality?

It's amazing what a hack Corgan has become.
do you follow any bands that aren't pearl jam? what do you mean by 'originality?' there is nothing to criticize about these tour plans. absolutely nothing.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #33
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
do you follow any bands that aren't pearl jam? what do you mean by 'originality?' there is nothing to criticize about these tour plans. absolutely nothing.
besides the fact that i have to fly to be able to see them.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #34
skipgo
Minion of Satan

people will always find something to complain about. billy could hand each fan a check for a million dollars after he plays a private show full of pre-gish material in their bedroom, and they'd still complain about something, I'm sure.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #35
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo View Post
people will always find something to complain about. billy could hand each fan a check for a million dollars after he plays a private show full of pre-gish material in their bedroom, and they'd still complain about something, I'm sure.
pfft, after taxes it'd only be 500,000. what's that guy thinking? i already give enough of my money to uncle sam!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #36
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono View Post
since he took the time to name each night rather than just say we're playing two shows and each one is different, i'd imagine they have some sort of descriptive purpose in terms of setlist composition.
kinda brings to mind ye olde SP Radio: Punch Drunk + Dizzy / Collapsing Cities / Glass Towers - did those titles mean anything? (not as far as i can tell.)

Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #37
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
pfft, after taxes it'd only be 500,000. what's that guy thinking? i already give enough of my money to uncle sam!
that's the spirit!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #38
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry Nimrod's Son is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #39
bardy
Immortal

I'm not going to f'ing los angeles to see him play. fuck you san francisco for pissing him off!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #40
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
y'on firefox bud? http://www.tycamtech.com/extensions/firefox/ffvb/

Old 09-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #41
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Except that people are getting stoked because there will be two setlists? I follow a lot of bands.. I went to a concert last night. Most bands do not use the same setlist for every tour. Corgan has set people's expectations so low that a minor change like this seems like happy news.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #42
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
Except that people are getting stoked because there will be two setlists? I follow a lot of bands.. I went to a concert last night. Most bands do not use the same setlist for every tour. Corgan has set people's expectations so low that a minor change like this seems like happy news.
i take it you mean for every show. and most bands, as far as i am aware, have very similar setlists from night to night. if you can point me to an example of a band that doesn't do that, that'd be awesome. he's giving people an opportunity to see two shows full of completely different songs. how is that a bad thing? you're such a fuckhead sometimes.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #43
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
i take it you mean for every show. and most bands, as far as i am aware, have very similar setlists from night to night. if you can point me to an example of a band that doesn't do that, that'd be awesome.
pearl jam
any jam band

Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #44
Eulogy
huh

and you've never been a fan anyway so when would you say he made this downturn? 1987?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #45
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
pearl jam
any jam band
i already cited pearl jam. and alright, maybe. but to attack bill for being a useless hack for doing what he's doing is idiotic.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #46
Eulogy
huh

usually i get annoyed when people get angry at people for complaining, but fucking hell. you people can never, ever be pleased.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #47
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
and you've never been a fan anyway so when would you say he made this downturn? 1987?
i've said this before: 1996.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #48
redbull
Immortal

hey euglogy you dont think its weird that after 20 years he suddenly decides to stop changing his setlists at all and hten makes a big announcement about them being different?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #49
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

I dont have nothing to complain about the tour format. It is pretty good and original! And more, the setlists of the all tours were always kinda original and with variety..

skipgo is right... Billy could be playing at your room while you are having sex with your dog(while he is watching, poor Billy)... and some guys will stills complaining about the dog would prefer listening to Coldplay instead...

bahh @ you complainers.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #50
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

pj change their setlists up but even when they do two night stands they usually manage to repeat a couple tunes. i give corgan credit for doing this. hopefully i'll be able to go to chicago, but finals are around that time.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #51
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

I have to say, if Billy is being truly serious about not repeating ANY songs during two-night stands, it's going to be really, really refreshing to finally go to a show that didn't play Bullet.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #52
Slider10
Oblivious Virgin

I think this tour format is good. It gives us a legit reason to see them multiple times in one city. I've never done multiple SP shows exactly because I felt they would practically be repeats. With this format, I'm there both nights.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:28 AM   #53
Shallowed
Braindead

They will play Bullet at one show and Today at the other.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #54
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
hey euglogy you dont think its weird that after 20 years he suddenly decides to stop changing his setlists at all and hten makes a big announcement about them being different?
suddenly stop changing the setlists? you mean for that one 10-show tour?

other than that, the amount of variation is about the same as it's always been.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #55
Eulogy
huh

and i did think it was weird that they didn't change the setlists for that tour at all. but i don't particularly care because i only went to one show and i got a pretty kickass setlist. i don't think he has a responsibility to cater to internet nerds who want to go to every show or talk about every single song every night or download every show.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #56
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

listen guys, forget this setlist stuff. it's not important compared to MY problem.

the 2 day passes aren't being made available to all 2 day engagements (like boston, my show of choice) and what the fuck? why would you make a statement about the passes and then not let them happen for all shows or, if it's the venues fault for not allowing them, WHY PLAY AT THOSE VENUES?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #57
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono View Post
listen guys, forget this setlist stuff. it's not important compared to MY problem.

the 2 day passes aren't being made available to all 2 day engagements (like boston, my show of choice) and what the fuck? why would you make a statement about the passes and then not let them happen for all shows or, if it's the venues fault for not allowing them, WHY PLAY AT THOSE VENUES?

That's actually a good point.

I've actually always felt that the Pumpkins were never really good about having successful dialogues with their venues regarding certain band policies.

For example, years ago, Billy would often say in interviews, blogs, etc, that he and the band were open to people recording their shows. But there would be times when fans would bring their expensive, high-end gear to the show, only to be denied entrance due to their recording equipment. And sometimes, a fan would even be kicked out of a show for attempting to tape, even when the fan would try to explain that the band had said it was okay.

Maybe it's the band's management that fails in this area. But if that's the case, then it's the band's faulf for not doing doing something about their management.

I have a feeling that the 2-day passes thing is in the same boat with the trading. I bet Billy wanted, initially, to do 2-day passes or something for all of the 2-day stands, but then became passive about making sure his management followed up on ensuring that all the venues follow that policy.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #58
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

it's not even so much that i want them to do it for the show, it's not knowing IF they're going to do it for the show. i want to buy tickets but i don't want the hassle of buying them now to find out in 2 days that they just "forgot" to release the bundle plan and then i have to try and return the fucking tickets and probably get shittier seats than i had.

i just need to know billy!!

ps: you're totally right about the taping as well

Old 09-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #59
tcm
Braindead

Angry

Quote:
and i did think it was weird that they didn't change the setlists for that tour at all. but i don't particularly care because i only went to one show and i got a pretty kickass setlist. i don't think he has a responsibility to cater to internet nerds who want to go to every show or talk about every single song every night or download every show.
internet nerds made billy corgan and we can break him just as easily.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #60
Kahlo

Netphorian Mafia UNITE

I heard that Billy Corgan is GAY