Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I'm imagining a hospital room smell
basically. with a hint of citrus.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:36 PM   #62
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
i can't, but here's the information: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...-Aqua-288.html
seems like it got good reviews due to it's nature of being warmer than one would expect from an aquatic.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:38 PM   #63
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I always think about how everybody thinks that hamburgers smell good, but nobody thinks that people who smell like hamburgers smell good.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:48 PM   #64
slunken
Virgo

the food oriented perfumes tend to smell like things like coffee beans or bananas

Old 07-15-2022, 08:25 PM   #65
Disco King
Minion of Satan

When I went shopping for a cologne, my initial intention was to get something with notes of coconut, chocolate, coffee, or anise. The store I went to didn't have any of the last three. They did have coconut stuff, but they were all piña colada-scented, and that felt a little too white-girl's-18th-birthday-party to me.

Ended up getting the below and being happy with it. Has notes of leather, so it reminds me a bit of new-car smell but in the least douchey way.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:27 PM   #66
slunken
Virgo

""Salvatore Ferragamo launches the new FERRAGAMO fragrance for him: a statement blend that expresses the confident and courageous soul of a modern man who journeys through life with passion and inevitable sophistication.

Who do you want to be? Elevating the House’s timeless codes with a sharp contemporary twist, this blend is conceived for a free-thinker that follows his instinct and rules while embracing every new challenge with no hesitation. His restless spirit leads him to look at things from different angles, with unstoppable creativity and boundless curiosity. As he lives in constant motion through dynamic connections and emotional experiences, becoming aware of who he wants to be, he always leaves a lasting impact wherever he goes. FERRAGAMO fragrance is the ultimate expression - the very essence - of this strength and sentiment, which resonates through a rich sequence of contrasting yet harmonious elements poised between gentle masculinity and unrestrained attitude."

Old 07-15-2022, 08:28 PM   #67
slunken
Virgo

Old 07-15-2022, 08:31 PM   #68
slunken
Virgo

perfume is really sick because you probably don't want to spend 2000 dollars on a shirt from a fashion house but you can afford a bottle of smells that will last you a handful of years

Old 07-15-2022, 08:40 PM   #69
slunken
Virgo

these are my favorite cheapy sleepers

this is perfect for a cold winter snowy day when you're walking around in the woods or if you just want to feel like you are. it smells like rotting leaves buried under snow.

do you like rainy days? do you like the movie Inland Empire? Do you like the smell of black ink? This is it.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:23 PM   #70
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I always think about how everybody thinks that hamburgers smell good, but nobody thinks that people who smell like hamburgers smell good.
having worked at jack in the box many moons ago, even the smell of hamburgers on oneself after a day at work is horrible and i don't like the smell of burgers in general unless they're on a grill. i think my work smell was more grease than meat, though.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 07-15-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:32 PM   #71
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
Each morning of my adulthood begins with a vigorous application of a homemade rub consisting of cedar bark, ground oyster shells, and turpentine.
Sounds sensual, potentially deadly, and exfoliating to boot.

Enchanté

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 07-15-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:36 AM   #72
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Old 07-16-2022, 08:36 AM   #73
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
""Salvatore Ferragamo launches the new FERRAGAMO fragrance for him: a statement blend that expresses the confident and courageous soul of a modern man who journeys through life with passion and inevitable sophistication.

Who do you want to be? Elevating the House’s timeless codes with a sharp contemporary twist, this blend is conceived for a free-thinker that follows his instinct and rules while embracing every new challenge with no hesitation. His restless spirit leads him to look at things from different angles, with unstoppable creativity and boundless curiosity. As he lives in constant motion through dynamic connections and emotional experiences, becoming aware of who he wants to be, he always leaves a lasting impact wherever he goes. FERRAGAMO fragrance is the ultimate expression - the very essence - of this strength and sentiment, which resonates through a rich sequence of contrasting yet harmonious elements poised between gentle masculinity and unrestrained attitude."
I suppose when all you have is words and images to market a product whose utility is its smell, you're going to have to get real conceptual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
having worked at jack in the box many moons ago, even the smell of hamburgers on oneself after a day at work is horrible and i don't like the smell of burgers in general unless they're on a grill. i think my work smell was more grease than meat, though.
I worked at Wendy's for a bit. The distinct odour combination of hot grease and anti-septic cleaning solution still traumatizes me. It's like Satan himself walked in and said "make it a combo," and this bipartite stench was the result.

That's why I've been inspired to work on this new scent, "Nightsquare Patty."

Old 07-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #74
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
I suppose when all you have is words and images to market a product whose utility is its smell, you're going to have to get real conceptual.
this is why I honestly believe that fragrance might be the purest art form. you can't take a video of it, you can't download a picture of it. you can only smell it in real time.

food probably 2nd place but you can take pictures of food.

Old 07-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #75
slunken
Virgo

+ what 80% of taste of food is actually smell?

Old 07-16-2022, 12:32 PM   #76
slunken
Virgo

I worked at a McDonalds for a couple months one summer as a teen. Really miss the Arch Deluxe.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:36 PM   #77
yo soy el mejor

Thumbs up

Quote:

I worked at Wendy's for a bit. The distinct odour combination of hot grease and anti-septic cleaning solution still traumatizes me. It's like Satan himself walked in and said "make it a combo," and this bipartite stench was the result.

That's why I've been inspired to work on this new scent, "Nightsquare Patty."
i've read about places where you can go and make your own scent. probs expensive...never probed. but go in and say "make me smell like a burger."

i worked at jintheb when i moved from home (in tx) to az the month after graduating h.s. and there was already a hierarchy at the place. the coolest dude there would spend time at the place even during a day off showing up drunk and stuff with his cool unintimidating country friends lol. but everyone made fun of an old lady who worked there

thankfully i snagged a job as a night cook at a nursing home and got my own bathroom and worked alone except for two aides that came in to help serve and clean

Old 07-16-2022, 03:02 PM   #78
slunken
Virgo

heads up you can use a search feature on fragrantica and enter in terms of what you like and it will show reccos based on what you entered.

it's fun to play with. got a recco for something that smells like petrichor and mechanical grease.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:24 PM   #79
yo soy el mejor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
self-care is so important

lol

Old 07-16-2022, 04:30 PM   #80
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
I feel this way about pancakes after working at IHOP. Completely ruined for me.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #81
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
the food oriented perfumes tend to smell like things like coffee beans or bananas
I have perfumes and lotion that smell like you just opened a jar of vanilla icing, or strawberry yogurt. Watermelon bubble gum.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #82
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I attract all the bees

Old 07-16-2022, 09:42 PM   #83
slunken
Virgo

can we talk about how magically around the same time cigarette smoking indoors was banned that white women began to form performative "allergies" (coughing in public) against strong perfume?

which led to the current state of watered down aquatics or the scared tendency to "only put on a couple spritzes for special occassions"

Old 07-16-2022, 09:44 PM   #84
slunken
Virgo

Do not let the art form die!

Old 07-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #85
slunken
Virgo

Now is also as good of a time as any to also state that I don't think perfume is necessarily a "tool of seduction"

I think it should be a personal journey

Old 07-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #86
slunken
Virgo

I just found out that one of my favorites got discontinued and I'm very pissed off!

Old 07-18-2022, 10:54 AM   #87
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:

Some folks might disagree

Old 07-18-2022, 10:55 AM   #88
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Because he wants to eat people

Old 07-18-2022, 10:56 AM   #89
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Red face

Maybe he still wants them to smell like people though, that's why I said "might"

Old 07-30-2022, 12:28 PM   #90
slunken
Virgo

secrets

Last edited by slunken : 08-02-2022 at 06:58 PM.