Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2023, 12:27 PM   #31
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

The uncut version, yes

Old 06-03-2023, 12:34 PM   #32
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
How did I not see this coming?
I've been on this site for like 24 years now... and it got me too. In our defense, it was very well executed.

That said, Joey deserved that victory.

Old 06-03-2023, 01:12 PM   #33
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 06-03-2023, 01:28 PM   #34
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Tf are you cheeky bastards talking about? The podcast is there.

you betta start talking!

Old 06-03-2023, 01:42 PM   #35
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
sigh

fine

i'll do it

finally a civilized boarder!

Old 06-03-2023, 02:53 PM   #36
slunken
Virgo

no one wants to work anymore!

Old 06-03-2023, 02:55 PM   #37
slunken
Virgo

Cracking up thinking about MOAO spending the last 18 hours completely unable to find the podcast on her own

Old 06-03-2023, 03:13 PM   #38
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Pajo is a lier and a wife beater

>Netphoria when anyone other than Netphoria shits on Corgan

Why so tsundre for Corgan-San, sempai?

Old 06-03-2023, 04:00 PM   #39
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

lmao

yeah

can't wait for Sweeney to chime in too

Sweeney you better SHUT UP you fuckin'... guitar guy! who probably does drugs! yeah, hard drugs!!! not the type of thing our pumpkins have ANY affiliation with... screw you sweeney more like meanie!!!!

Old 06-03-2023, 04:59 PM   #40
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Did he beat his wife and blame it on her like Pajo did?

Old 06-03-2023, 05:12 PM   #41
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i see you're quite committed to being "that guy"

might wanna go hit play on my embed to listen to the episode again, pretty sure he goes over ol' Sweeney in friends at least a time or two in the part!

Old 06-03-2023, 09:14 PM   #42
slunken
Virgo

imagine having a record collection only filled with mr good boys

Old 06-03-2023, 09:33 PM   #43
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Did Pajo really beat his wife? I looked it up but all I found were reports that he attempted suicide after posting that she had an affair.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:00 PM   #44
Disco King
Minion of Satan

He apologizes for striking her in his suicide note. But then also accuses her of using it to "play the victim."

Old 06-03-2023, 10:33 PM   #45
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

When it comes to Zwan, I think Billy is the asshole. Pajo always came across as down to earth to me, and he was really humble and easygoing when I saw him. He was just sitting at the bar using his laptop before the show.

But that suicide letter was tough to read. I saw it minutes after he posted it, probably while he was trying to kill himself. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he didn't die, that other people were quick to react and stop him, but it changed the way I saw him forever. It was too long ago now, so I don't remember the part about him hitting her; what I do remember was that he wrote it as if to tell her, "You have blood on your hands." I have no reasons to believe his wife didn't cheat on him, but his reaction was so disproportionate that he didn't come across as a tormented soul so much as a vindictive one. It was vindictive to the point of being abusive, and it made me think, "Wow, I get why she cheated on you. Good for her." That sounds like a callous thing to say about someone who was trying to take his own life, but the letter was so full of bile and misogyny. One of the worst things I've ever read. She didn't deserve that (no one does).

Old 06-03-2023, 10:50 PM   #46
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Billy was definitely the asshole in Zwan. He couldn’t unlearn all of his deeply ingrained control freak patterns. There’s no way a collaborative effort could ever work in any capacity with that man. His idea is always going to be better than yours in his eyes. Zwan was destined to fail. As for Pajo, that letter was written at rock bottom and I’m sure he regrets all of that. He seems like an alright dude really.

Old 06-04-2023, 02:37 AM   #47
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Wasn't he sleeping with the producer's girlfriend while they were making the record?

Sounds like he's fine with cheating as long as he's not the one being cheated on.

Fuckin wife beater.

Old 06-04-2023, 08:02 AM   #48
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Wasn't he sleeping with the producer's girlfriend while they were making the record?

Sounds like he's fine with cheating as long as he's not the one being cheated on.

Fuckin wife beater.
Bjorn's [R.I.P.] wife

Old 06-04-2023, 08:07 AM   #49
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
He apologizes for striking her in his suicide note. But then also accuses her of using it to "play the victim."
In the letter he mentions his wife made him do that... Then later on after recovering from his attempt, he edited the part he had mentioned hiting her to make it sound like it was just an argument.

Old 06-04-2023, 10:31 AM   #50
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Billy was definitely the asshole in Zwan. He couldn’t unlearn all of his deeply ingrained control freak patterns. There’s no way a collaborative effort could ever work in any capacity with that man. His idea is always going to be better than yours in his eyes. Zwan was destined to fail.
It's sad because even Pajo says Billy was capable of collaboration before going into studio. I also remember Will Oldham talking about Billy briefly. He said he wasn't a part of Billy's world, but he met him once when Zwan opened for him (their very first show, a charity one, before the official debut - it wasn't recorded). Will said Billy was personable and generous, and he added some really cool guitar lines to a few of Will's songs. Billy's bandmates only lost interest once the recording started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
As for Pajo, that letter was written at rock bottom and I’m sure he regrets all of that. He seems like an alright dude really.
Yeah, I agree that if he's reckoned with what he did, we won't have heard about it either way. It would make no sense for him to go public about it.

I just remember the outpouring of love and support on Twitter from people like Will Oldham, Stuart from Mogwai, etc. And I get it, their friend had just almost succeeded in killing himself. It was just super eerie to read the letter and then see people pretend it never happened. Maybe it was acknowledged in private, I don't know. I just find it tasteless when Pajo himself is 'brave' to discuss his suicide attempt, and he only ever approaches it as a survivor of mental health issues, etc. Nothing on the misogyny.

It kind of makes me think of the Nina Nastasia situation, where she basically quit her music career for nearly a decade because she was in an abusive relationship, and the day after she finally left the guy, he made good on his threats and killed himself. Afterwards, she got to express her own point of view (and release a really good album too), but if he had failed to kill himself, would his friends be coming together to support him instead? Would he ever confront what he did to her?

Anyway, tbh, I also find it kind of weird how some people here insist on calling him a wife beater. No, you should not be hitting your partner, but honestly, when I was young, I was slapped around the head quite a few times; I was held down against my will and had my way blocked. It was definitely not good, but it was nothing compared to the manipulation and the fear of making the person kill themselves. Focusing on him shoving or slapping her once when he basically admitted to psychologically terrorising her is an incredibly conservative point of view, where a "don't hit women" code of honour is upheld while paying no mind to the ways women are treated as property.

But who knows. People change and learn. I don't know the guy so I'm just suspicious of him (and I really like a lot of his music, I was/am a fan).

Old 06-04-2023, 01:57 PM   #51
slunken
Virgo

way to suck the fun out of everything

Old 06-04-2023, 03:03 PM   #52
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Pajo was waaaayyyyy too cool for SP when SP was hot. that part was pretty cringe.

Also, LOL at him freeloading some swimming at the hotel he was meeting billy and jimmy at.

Old 06-05-2023, 01:28 AM   #53
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Sweeney fun guy.....pajo down to earth, paz funny chick, jimmy cool, bill dictator........
Bill was an asshole, well dont we know that??

Old 06-05-2023, 04:11 AM   #54
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

we DO brotha

we DO!

but so long as there is free will, and netphoria, and the ability for a single individual to go on the internet and say "This Time might just be my favorite song by The Smashing Pumpkins" i think there may just be a shred of god damn hope for us yet!

Old 06-05-2023, 06:25 AM   #55
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Well joey i believe

Old 06-05-2023, 10:03 AM   #56
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
sigh

fine

i'll do it

F U

Old 06-05-2023, 10:13 AM   #57
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post

Fuckin wife beater.
buddy

we were all sleeping with the producer back then

Old 06-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #58
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Whatever...but one thing is and was always clear: billy playing the dictator cause he is the man.
Watch the bonus dvd of zwan.....you can feel the tension between belly and the rest of the band.

And mary star is one crappy album.....all thise bsides or live songs were way better than what landed on the album.

Old 06-05-2023, 11:38 AM   #59
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Those are pretty much my thoughts MSotS is so boring I've listened to it maybe twice. But the live stuff before was good.

Still annoys me that it sucks. All that talent in one band. With their varied backgrounds, they should have ended up making some weird and cool shit. And Corgan had to sabotage it all and make a Christian pop-rock album because he's obsessed with "getting back into the mainstream" and "competing at the highest level" in an arena that no longer exists.

Old 06-05-2023, 11:39 AM   #60
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Did Pajo beat his wife before or after she shapeshifted? Any outstanding bills for goods and services?

What does a friend called Neil say?