Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #421
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

So i'm the only sad sack who gets fatter when depressed?

I hate you all (well ok I did already regardless). Last time I was 147 was pretty much precisely at the 2000 Chicago "last SP show"netphoria gathering. I'm about 197 now. And those pounds aren't going anywhere apparently.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #422
MusicMan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post

I hate you all (well ok I did already regardless). Last time I was 147 was pretty much precisely at the 2000 Chicago "last SP show"netphoria gathering. I'm about 197 now. And those pounds aren't going anywhere apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
I binge eat to self medicate my depression so obviously it is way in the other direction

Old 05-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #423
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

depends on the situation for me. For my more general, "im worthless and nothing good will ever happen to me" stuff, I tend to eat to feel better. I think im doing myself a favor by eating stuff i like and lots of it. If an event happens and i feel out of control/full of anxiety, I stop eating, or what I do eat makes me sick. This is prime time to start loosing weight. Just chase that feeling by its heels since Im used to hunger pains. Eventually my stomach gets more tolerant, and I begin to eat a bit more. Add workouts and youre done.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #424
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
don't you realise i'm just listening to myself talk without listening to any of you guys?

Nah i'd read it but used a special skill I have called selective memory.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #425
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
tss!
Lol. IceCream has become a father figure to me.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:51 AM   #426
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

EAT YOUR HEALTHY MEALS THREE TIMES A DAY! SON!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #427
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:

I've done both ways. Either is a symptom of depression. I seem to eat more when I'm really anxious as well.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #428
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
2014 seems to be the year I'm getting an idea how it is when people start passing away left and right. I don't want to imagine how it is when you're 70, and most people you knew have died. Maybe it's getting easier, less surprising, less shocking.

Death number 7 this year. Offed himself, only 36, one of the extremely "lucky" people, then depression hit him.
And I know it's wrong, but I can't help it. I have to blame someone. His family says they've always been with him since he was struggling with depression, especially "towards the end." Then why the fucking fuck did nobody force him into hospital. And I know I'm a piece of shit for thinking that. But how do you do it without blaming anyone?

I should consider becoming a theist, at least you got to blame god for shit like this.
suicide is the worst kind of death, I'm sorry. worse than cancer for me. not that it's a quantifiable thing but in my experience it has been worse. we get a lot of it in new zealand for some reason. could be the weather and the farms. sorry pavement.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #429
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I reckon it might be the isolation and the weather that gets to people in NZ. It gets so cold and quiet, apart from the wind.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #430
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Margin

Old 05-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #431
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

For years Quebec had the highest rate of suicide in north america. I havent checked the numbers for years though so that's possibly not true anymore. In the 90's anyway definitely... I'm not sure why either, it's not like it a terribly poor place, it is cold but not more so than most of canada. Maybe just bad genes for mental health from not sharing them much with the rest of north america? (we might be millions but we really mainly just fucked each other for a long time and we started from jsut a few thousands, im talking abotu french canadians)....

i know i inherited all my mental problems from my mom's family. There's a suicide (an uncle who looked just the fuck like me) and my grandma was a bit cuckoo, my aunt was an alcoholic for a long time.

P.S: this was my first margin, i feel like less a noob already.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #432
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

You're right actually. I shouldn't have said all. But, predisposition surely.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #433
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
2014 seems to be the year I'm getting an idea how it is when people start passing away left and right. I don't want to imagine how it is when you're 70, and most people you knew have died. Maybe it's getting easier, less surprising, less shocking.

Death number 7 this year. Offed himself, only 36, one of the extremely "lucky" people, then depression hit him.
And I know it's wrong, but I can't help it. I have to blame someone. His family says they've always been with him since he was struggling with depression, especially "towards the end." Then why the fucking fuck did nobody force him into hospital. And I know I'm a piece of shit for thinking that. But how do you do it without blaming anyone?

I should consider becoming a theist, at least you got to blame god for shit like this.
im sorry pave.

i asked my therapist today how her view towards death with regards to how she reacts to it has changed. she said gardening helps her re: death and reformation into something new etc. no consolation but i think death will get easier, just hopefully not because every we know has died.

in related news, i found out my therapist is also atheist/agnostic which i suspected but didnt know for sure.

Last edited by reprise85 : 05-15-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #434
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

that or maybe she's mirroring me as a therapeutic technique but i dont think so.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #435
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

oh my god new zealand sounds like paradise

Old 05-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #436
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
it's not like it a terribly poor place
i heard them say
the white man invented existential angst
when he ran out of other problems
because the thing about those problems was
typically more money would solve them

Old 05-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #437
I'm Hardcore
Banned

NZ is okay but it's full of fuckwits

Old 05-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #438
Trotskilicious
Banned

you and luke seem pretty on the ball

Old 05-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #439
Trotskilicious
Banned

is the new zealand television tape from Conchords real NZ tv

Old 05-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #440
Trotskilicious
Banned

i want to go there to grow weed and work on my novel

i will live on the side of a mountain

Old 05-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #441
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Have the immigration laws always been so tough?
A friend of mine wanted to move to NZ, badly. No way.
you have to be a Chinese businessman

Old 05-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #442
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i heard them say
the white man invented existential angst
when he ran out of other problems
because the thing about those problems was
typically more money would solve them

It's true.

I am convinced money would solve 99% of my problems. It's not even that hard for most white men to make a decent amount of money so really I have no excuse. Even better, i'm from middle class (well lower). But like most of these people I have stupid fucking mental issues. Though i'm pretty sure i didn't invent them. They just make me feel guiltier though.

How many people around here are from NZ anyway? Two seems a lot already. hey remember that girl ****** that was like a part time model ("you could be a part time model" how fitting) from NZ? Whatever happened to her. She was cute. I think she had left by the time I did though. I remember thinking sure you're a model and then like cactuar saw a billboard she was on or something. Someone in Australia anyway.

I'm going nowhere with this, just reminiscing.

A good end to this story would be someone telling me that's vixnix.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #443
vixnix
Socialphobic

sorry to disappoint you but I'm half-Samoan, have size 12 feet, and have never been asked to do any modelling.

Actually, once...but that was for an asthma awareness campaign and they wanted equal numbers of different skin colours, so that was a bit different.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #444
Trotskilicious
Banned

I'M HALF SAMOAN, B

Old 05-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #445
vixnix
Socialphobic

you best watch your healf debartment and save your breafs. Look to me when I spek to you. Look to my eyes. I come to squash you, if you talk to me akain in dis way

Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #446
vixnix
Socialphobic

no God, that's pathetic, I can't do it. Samoans are actually very funny people but I guess the genes for humour didn't transmit along with the ones for huge paddle feet and massive leg muscles

Old 05-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #447
Starla

Samoan people are wonderful.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #448
noyen
Immortal

large sweeping generalizations remind me of racism, even if they're positive.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #449
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I hear samoans are magical.

Someone should make sweeping generalizations about french canadians.

Then again i imagine most people here have had limited contact with them. I assure you they're not all as annoying as me.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #450
Trotskilicious
Banned

here's my sweeping generalization about french canadians

they're all faggots, every last one