Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2022, 04:50 PM   #601
Ram27
dumb
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: stupid babies need the most attention
Posts: 9,274
Default

i stan the muumuu

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 06:10 PM   #602
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
It’s like he doesn’t understand there’s a middle ground from Oceania where his ass was hanging out to this ridiculous costume he’s been on since the first Shiny tour.
Add to that the absolute nonsense of the king-diamond-meets-wes-borland face paint.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 06:44 PM   #603
Ram27
dumb
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: stupid babies need the most attention
Posts: 9,274
Default

the makeup is dumb

does he crayon it on himself? get auggie to do it?

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:31 PM   #604
Ram27
dumb
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: stupid babies need the most attention
Posts: 9,274
Default

also i have all of 2022-05-27 recorded in audio

tried to upload to archive.org but the thing is broken

it was an underwhelming show looking at everyone else's setlist tbh lol

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:42 PM   #605
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Spaceboy88's Avatar
 
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,301
Default

Joke's on you. I'm the heeeeeeeel!


 
Spaceboy88 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:40 PM   #606
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
enthusaroo's Avatar
 
Location: ameriKKKa
Posts: 1,859
Default

I only go to shows anymore to see Billy Corgan in a dress.

 
enthusaroo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 01:10 AM   #607
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's
 
Fonzie's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. C's garage
Posts: 7,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
I only go to shows anymore to see Billy Corgan in a dress.
Well, everything’s coming up enthusaroo.

 
Fonzie is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:47 AM   #608
T&T
Socialphobic
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 10,644
Default

I always assumed it was Auggie who did his makeup design.

it's a shade different from the usual strawberry low quality.

I also assume he has yelled at his makeup girl regularly for fucking it up and making one of the lines incorrect. like it "means something" deep. He probably schooled her on makeup fashon quite a few times.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:14 AM   #609
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Spaldz's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
also i have all of 2022-05-27 recorded in audio

tried to upload to archive.org but the thing is broken

it was an underwhelming show looking at everyone else's setlist tbh lol
Awesome thanks Ram! Give me a shout if you need any help getting on archive.org, was working ok for me (albeit has been slow!)

 
Spaldz is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:19 PM   #610
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 41,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
this is the most painfully obvious and transparent attempt by the band yet to play directly into what they think the public's expectations of them are, and milking the CASH TITTY as fully and as thoroughly as possible

what are we talking about here
They're definitely on auto-pilot. I even FORGOT Jimmy was playing drums several times and all of Billys "wild ass messy solos" seemed S L O W

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:27 PM   #611
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion
 
SlingeroGuitaro's Avatar
 
Location: Billy Corgan Kazoo Revue
Posts: 6,583
Default

So the key is to go to early shows in the tour

 
SlingeroGuitaro is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:41 PM   #612
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 41,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
also i have all of 2022-05-27 recorded in audio

tried to upload to archive.org but the thing is broken

it was an underwhelming show looking at everyone else's setlist tbh lol
I enjoyed the show! I was pleasantly surprised. But haven't seen "the band" since 2008. I haven't seen a live show since 2018 which was Billy solo and he was very grumpy so maybe my bar has been lowered a lot.

I'm glad I didn't know you were there because it would have killed the mystery internet vibe and I would have been annoying and probably would have bullied you.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 10:01 PM   #613
vitaldust
Ownz
 
vitaldust's Avatar
 
Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream
Posts: 936
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6HJECW4Kg

Columbus was the best show I saw of the four I went to. Blistering.

RI2 is a very encouraging step forward. I'm happy to have the band back.

 
vitaldust is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:45 PM   #614
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 41,022
Default

at absolutely no point of the show i was like "WOWEE JIMMY IS A BLISTERING POWERHOUSE OF A DRUMMER"

did i take it for granted?

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #615
ourruseoffools
Pledge
 
ourruseoffools's Avatar
 
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
at absolutely no point of the show i was like "WOWEE JIMMY IS A BLISTERING POWERHOUSE OF A DRUMMER"

did i take it for granted?
jimmy has been a caricature of himself drum-wise since the melvoin incident... even tho i acknowledge everlasting gaze and cash car star have ROCKING drums its still not his original sound but rather a plastic version of it..... the only time he achieves MCIS level highs are in JCC

 
ourruseoffools is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:00 PM   #616
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 41,022
Default

i'lll give you that - the drums were "servicable" and could have been performed by like Ram27 or something

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:15 PM   #617
vitaldust
Ownz
 
vitaldust's Avatar
 
Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream
Posts: 936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post

did i take it for granted?
yes. you would definitely notice the difference at any other show from any other band. imo. my wife is a classical musician and she was floored by his drumming in Columbus.

 
vitaldust is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:16 PM   #618
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 41,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
yes. you would definitely notice the difference at any other show from any other band. imo. my wife is a classical musician and she was floored by his drumming in Columbus.
lol ok you you heard it hear first folks this guy has a wife

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:22 PM   #619
ourruseoffools
Pledge
 
ourruseoffools's Avatar
 
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
lol ok you you heard it hear first folks this guy has a wife

yes. you would definitely notice the difference of any other post from any wifeless boardie. imo. joey goldberg is a classical shitposter and he was floored by your sentiment in this thread.

 
ourruseoffools is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 04:28 AM   #620
TheSultanOfCyr
Oblivious Virgin
 
TheSultanOfCyr's Avatar
 
Location: Walter E. Smithe
Posts: 32
Default

I saw Joey Goldberg at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

 
TheSultanOfCyr is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:43 AM   #621
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
my wife is a classical musician and she was floored by his drumming in Columbus.
Huh, sounds like your wife has resigned herself to indulge and put up with your dubious musical taste.

Take her to a Sheku and Isata Kanneh-Mason concert or equivalent, ASAP.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:44 AM   #622
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 1,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSultanOfCyr View Post
I saw Joey Goldberg at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Classic J Gold!

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:18 PM   #623
vitaldust
Ownz
 
vitaldust's Avatar
 
Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream
Posts: 936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Huh, sounds like your wife has resigned herself to indulge and put up with your dubious musical taste.
Without a doubt. At first I think she was only humoring me but she's now seen them 7 times and actually really likes them. Especially live.

Then she started asking me about the Machina reissue and now we're in marriage counseling.

 
vitaldust is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:22 PM   #624
vitaldust
Ownz
 
vitaldust's Avatar
 
Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream
Posts: 936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
lol ok you you heard it hear first folks this guy has a wife
lol ok you you got me! I'm married! holy shit! What an incredible takeaway! You sound like a really chill hang!

 
vitaldust is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:47 PM   #625
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Spaldz's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post

Then she started asking me about the Machina reissue and now we're in marriage counseling.
Hahaha! Yeah that will do it

 
Spaldz is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:55 PM   #626
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 41,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
lol ok you you got me! I'm married! holy shit! What an incredible takeaway! You sound like a really chill hang!
hahahahahahaha

anecdote: i love when my friends (i don't have any friends) tell me something unhinged that their friend did and i say "wow they sound really chill"

dunno why i shared that. fuck you.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hum - Working on a new album & Matt's upcoming Living Room tour MplsTaper Music News and Discussion 21 07-05-2021 09:39 PM
9/11/01..........9/11/11 The Omega Concern General Chat Archive 70 09-30-2011 07:28 PM
COUNTERCULTURE MAINSTREAM Jesus Cambodia Pumpkins Archive 5 01-17-2009 10:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022