Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2022, 12:34 AM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default Weed Cures COVID

Cannibis will save you from The Covids. It's science. Biden's pandemic is over!

Quote:
According to a peer-reviewed paper published this week in the Journal of Natural Products, titled "Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants," at least three compounds naturally occurring in the cannabis plant were shown in lab tests to be effective at stopping coronavirus molecules from entering human cells. The mechanism effectively mimics the activity of antibodies, with the cannabis compounds attaching themselves to the virus' spike protein, one of the authors told Salon. The study concludes:
https://www.salon.com/2022/01/12/cou...looks-like-it/

Old 01-13-2022, 12:42 AM   #2
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

LOL it's in "journal of natural products". The actual abstract is a mess of word salad and specious claims

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00946

This is in the abstract, but has nothing to do with anything when it comes to efficacy.

Quote:
Natural products are the most successful source of drugs and drug leads in the history of pharmacology. (18,19) Although combinatorial chemistry currently receives more emphasis for lead discovery by the pharmaceutical industry, (20) nature continues to be a source of unique chemical structural diversity for new drug discovery. (21) Approximately two-thirds of new small-molecule drugs since 1981 have been natural products, derivatives of natural products, natural product pharmacophores, or mimics of natural products.
Here's the claim... basically they say compounds in weed could maybe potentially block Covid from infecting cells... cause they sure look chemically like they could.... whether they actually do, especially in a living creature, nobody knows... .... That's it, though. It's all speculation

Quote:
Ligands with high affinity to the receptor binding domain on the S1 protein have the potential to function as entry inhibitors and prevent infection of human cells by SARS-CoV-2. (13) For example, small peptides derived from the heptad repeat regions of SARS-CoV-1 spike S2 subunit have been shown to inhibit SARS-CoV infection by the interference of fusion with target cells.
Then there's a bunch more specious claims that have nothing to do with anything other than advocating for weed legalization. See! Weed is a miracle drug... so this new idea must work.

Quote:
Hemp (Cannabis sativa L., Cannabaceae) is used for fiber, food, and animal feed, and various hemp extracts and compounds have become popular additions to cosmetics, body lotions, dietary supplements, and food. Over 170 secondary metabolites including some unique compounds are produced by hemp (30,31) including flavonoids, diterpenes, triterpenes, lignans, and cannabinoids. Orally bioavailable, (32) there are at least 70 cannabinoids including cannabidiols, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinols, Δ8-tetrahydrocannabinols, cannabigerols, cannabinols, cannabichromenes, and cannabitriols, and in 2018, the U.S. FDA approved a cannabidiol isolate (Epidiolex), for the treatment of seizures associated with certain types of epileptic seizures. (

Old 01-13-2022, 01:21 AM   #3
Shallowed
Braindead

i smoke weed every other hour of every day and i don't have covid so it must be true

Old 01-13-2022, 02:40 AM   #4
Ram27
dumb

i wish i liked weed more. the overwhelming effect i usually get is just feeling cloudy and out of sorts. not entirely pleasant

esp since i always hear people say weed helped them quit drinking, which i obv wanna do

Old 01-13-2022, 03:59 AM   #5
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I wonder if Oregon will require vaccinations to buy weed like Quebec has done

Old 01-13-2022, 04:00 AM   #6
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Even if it is proven to 100% prevent/cure this virus, Texas and Florida won't allow it

Old 01-13-2022, 11:24 AM   #7
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

"What are you proposing, that we, heh, that we mail weed to every American, end the pandemic? Haha, fuck outta here"

"We will be mailing weed to every American. President Biden is committed to..."

Old 01-13-2022, 02:37 PM   #8
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Thanks for sharing this important info

Old 01-13-2022, 10:32 PM   #9
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Weed cures everything, duh

Old 01-14-2022, 02:50 AM   #10
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

it didn't cure my yeast infection

Old 01-14-2022, 03:09 AM   #11
ilikeplanets
Braindead

You just need the right blend of sativa and indica

Old 01-14-2022, 09:51 PM   #12
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

did I tell you guys i had edibles when I was on vacation

first time I've been high for like ten years, super mellow/low dose and it was really nice. legal where I went so we went to the store and got some chocolate

Old 01-14-2022, 10:58 PM   #13
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I had gummies a couple years ago and nearly exploded. I refuse to let that horrible experience be my last weed memory, so I'll have to smoke a joint or something in the far future. Edibles are not for me.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:00 PM   #14
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I've lived in states where it's legal for a while now, and it seems weird to me that people have to buy it on the street. Like my whole teens and early 20s was an experience that's gonna die one day.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:33 PM   #15
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I only ate 10mg total (5+5 2 hours later) and it was super mild. I never really thought about how easy it would be to dose after it became regulated. Always just used to smoking or eating what is probably like 10x that amount, who knows, and getting fucking wrecked. Definitely way more comparable to being tipsy than I ever thought weed could be.

Even in Florida, medicinal is legal and small amounts are similar to traffic citations.

Once I move up to Mass and get settled I may start partaking more often. For now, I enjoyed it, it didn't trigger cravings for other drugs, and I had a good experience with a friend. He always said he'd never do it because he had this hang-up with smoking (mom died from lung cancer when he was a kid) and seeing people around him go down slippery slopes, but he told me his therapist had been saying he might want to try it and he asked to do it with me, so it felt right.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:44 PM   #16
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Indica is in da couch

Old 01-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #17
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

red orange yellow green blue INDICA violet

Old 01-17-2022, 07:37 AM   #18
Shallowed
Braindead

it has bugged me my whole life that blue and indigo are distinct colours in a rainbow even though indigo is basically just a darker blue

Old 01-17-2022, 08:23 AM   #19
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

as a colorblind person (still racist, don't worry), the fact that many colours are perceived as completely different instead of slightly lighter or darker shades is hard to understand.

my theory is that the perception of colours is a matter of opinion.

Last edited by smashingjj : 01-17-2022 at 08:49 AM.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:38 AM   #20
Shallowed
Braindead

any colour you can think of that has a name like lilac teal mauve whatever has a specific RGB value decided by Big Colour

Old 01-17-2022, 12:07 PM   #21
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

well, time to put on Doggstyle & get "blunted"

here's to '22!

Old 01-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #22
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

leave redgreebull out of this

Old 01-18-2022, 07:52 PM   #23
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

I pretty much stopped smoking weed this year. HPPD finally got me.

I went from about an oz/week to a gram/month.

It’s weird. I miss it. But I also like not smoking 2 joints before i get out of bed. But i also miss smoking 2 joints before i get out of bed.

Do i have to start smoking it again or do the past 15 years of daily use have me set for life?

Old 01-18-2022, 07:54 PM   #24
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I had HPPD for a couple of years. I still have some weirdness when I look at blank walls but otherwise it's much better.

Hi.

Old 01-18-2022, 11:07 PM   #25
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

Hey friend

The ironic thing is, after nearly 10 years clean of benzos, guess what the doc gave me to come down? It helped though.
It was pretty bad for the first couple months but I’ve leveled out more or less. Or at least I’ve learned to live with it. Now just giving it time before easing back in again. To everything a season.
Mushrooms in Oaxaca, man.

Now I have a half lb of sticky icky collecting dust.

What are you up to?

Old 01-19-2022, 02:02 AM   #26
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

10 years? Jesus, hard to believe. I remember us talking about you getting off of them.

I work from home now, have a couple of different main clients I do annotation and research for, mostly. Also have learned some programming, been involved in some research projects (machine learning related), etc. Last year was incredible work-wise, but it looks like my main project is ending probably, so that sucks.

Overall, I've been good otherwise. Probably will be moving to Massachusetts in the summer to be closer to some friends and get the fuck out of Florida. My dad died from COVID a few months ago, but he wasn't vaccinated and we weren't close.

Are you in the States?

Old 01-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #27
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Now I'm a paraplegic, and I know why

Old 01-21-2022, 05:45 AM   #28
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I smoke errday. Usually just a bong hit of sativa in the evening and a bong hit of indica before bed.

It works for me, and I'm covid-free so it's obviously true.