reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

pushing shit back over and over will do that

Old 12-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #723
run2pee
Minion of Satan

So apparently cyberpunk came out today but it sucks ass on ps4

So probably gonna wait for patches and a sale for that, since i just bought all this psvr stuff

Damn ratchet and clank PS4! That is one gorgeous game. Feels like playing a Pixar movie. And the explosions and action are just mmmhmmm ah yeah

Other than that hmmm let’s see superhot vr is one of the favorite feelings i ever had in a game. Holy FUCK this is good stuff, go get a vr everyone right now, and play this fucken game TRUST ME.

Leaning back and seeing those bullets whiz by in slow motion as u reach with one arm the pistol that’s flying toward u from the dude that just shattered into a million crimson shards from the throwing star u flung at his kneecaps.....mmmgosh omf

Old 12-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #724
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah i heard it is shitty on every platform and the min requirements make it run like shit

great job ppl

Old 12-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #725
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition & Tyranny: Gold Edition (PCDD)

FREE

https://slickdeals.net/f/14661926-pi...tion-pcdd-free

you have to check out separately for some reason.

it will sit in my epic games launcher along with my free copy of rollercoaster tycoon from a few months ago. will i ever play them? who knows

Old 12-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #726
Disco King
Minion of Satan

My roommate is playing Cyberpunk. Framerate dropped when I was watching him drive, and the game crashed when he tried to change the radio.

I dunno, I never buy games brand new, so I don't deal with this problem much, but it seems as though studios release them unfinished just to get them out, because they know they can send out a patch later.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:56 PM   #727
buzzard
Minion of Satan

It would have reached the point that further delays were off the table regardless of the state of the product.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #728
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Speaking of stories falling short, The Last of Us Part II is a bloated, overly long, pretentious game with a very basic and predictable story.

Gameplay wise it's fun enough to sneak around and murder thousands of zombies, but it's so long that it becomes rote and repetitive long before the end.
That's disappointing. Idk wtf they were thinking, getting rid of certain characters in the prologue. I played for a few hours after that and never picked it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Funny, I enjoyed the gameplay of Death Stranding, it's a weirdo puzzle game about navigating the environment. A bumpy rocky path is more terrifying than the ghosts in the story.
And as you play on the game keeps giving you tools to make it easier and more efficient, by the time you have roads everywhere it gets to be pretty satisfying.

Story is where it fell short to me, it really wants you to get it's subtext with the nuance of a piledriver. It's the writing equivalent of having someone poking at you going "get it? get it?" the entire time.
Played that game for a few hours and got bored as shit and never picked it up again.

The story seemed really, um, intriguing to say the least. Kojima is a weird dude.

I have a problem finishing games that aren't made by Nintendo.

I did just play Hollow Knight, though. That was awesome, but a couple bosses are straight fuckin bullshit

Old 12-10-2020, 09:03 PM   #729
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
My roommate is playing Cyberpunk. Framerate dropped when I was watching him drive, and the game crashed when he tried to change the radio.

I dunno, I never buy games brand new, so I don't deal with this problem much, but it seems as though studios release them unfinished just to get them out, because they know they can send out a patch later.
I suspect the PS4 can't handle it.

I experienced something similar with Dragon Age Inquisition on PS3. The graphics were scaled back so severely that some things were just missing textures, and the framerate was like N64 levels on a random basis. But all they had to do was extend those graphic sliders backwards and press those discs and they increased their market reach significantly for a game that was built for the PS4 at a time when not many people had a PS4

Old 12-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #730
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Is the Xbox One more powerful than the PlayStation 4?

When I finally bring my Xbox over from my mom's house should I survive the apocalypse, I might buy Cyberpunk eventually. Hopefully it will be cheap by then.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:15 PM   #731
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
That's disappointing. Idk wtf they were thinking, getting rid of certain characters in the prologue. I played for a few hours after that and never picked it up again.

Played that game for a few hours and got bored as shit and never picked it up again.

The story seemed really, um, intriguing to say the least. Kojima is a weird dude.

I have a problem finishing games that aren't made by Nintendo.

I did just play Hollow Knight, though. That was awesome, but a couple bosses are straight fuckin bullshit
All i do is start games then go back to playing

Botw
Skyrim
Saints row (like gta on switch; u can listen to the radio, crash cars, shoot cops etc.)
Witcher 3

in each i just wander, it’s my favorite right now. Just don’t make me do things or watch little movies, let me just go around and explore and jack around

Oh and hollow knight is too fucken hard for me, im just not able to be that twitchy anymore maybe someday when my mental and physical resources aren’t 24/7 depleted

Old 12-10-2020, 10:01 PM   #732
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
I suspect the PS4 can't handle it.

I experienced something similar with Dragon Age Inquisition on PS3. The graphics were scaled back so severely that some things were just missing textures, and the framerate was like N64 levels on a random basis. But all they had to do was extend those graphic sliders backwards and press those discs and they increased their market reach significantly for a game that was built for the PS4 at a time when not many people had a PS4
Reddit thinks its your fault for running it on a PS4 instead of a PS5 and expecting it to... work, I guess? just because it was released on PS4 lol

Old 12-10-2020, 10:02 PM   #733
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i'm still playing divinity original sin 2. Really is one of my favorite games I've ever played I think. I don't think I'm even half through either

Old 12-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #734
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Played Tell Me Why and loved it.
Dontnod remain one of my favorite game studios.
Life is Strange from them is also a must play if you enjoy story driven games.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #735
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The people behind Cyberpunk have played a risky strategy on this one, haven't they?

Sounds like absolutely none of the preview footage we'd seen since the game's announcement seven years ago has come from previous generation console hardware and there's a lot of talk about those machines simply not being capable of running it to the standard promised despite the fact that it was originally slated for release on those devices nearly an entire year before their supersession. Although there's also plenty of talk about how great the developer have been with supporting previous titles, the question is whether patches can actually do anything to help in this case.

Old 12-13-2020, 01:14 AM   #736
Modern90's
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
What’s good on PS4

Gave into my pandemic blues and spent my last remaining pennies on a PSVR/PS4 bundle with Skyrim. Gonna be probably a hulking asshole lizard in VR
Just played through the main story of Spider-Man on PS4. Wasn't too difficult, the combat was fun if you utilize the different gadgets in the game. the web singing was really fun. The Story was good, Ive never read comic books, so i'm sure i missed i missed little things, but I still new most of the Villains in the game, except a couple of them, but I don't feel like it hindered my experience at all.

I don't play new games very often, but I can say that was the first game I've ever played where I felt like it I was playing a movie.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:21 AM   #737
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Sounds like Sony have now pulled Cyberpunk 2077 from its online store until further notice and are offering refunds to anybody that already pulled the trigger. What a massive fuck-up. Thanks, Keanu.

Old 12-18-2020, 02:37 PM   #738
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Sounds like Sony have now pulled Cyberpunk 2077 from its online store until further notice and are offering refunds to anybody that already pulled the trigger. What a massive fuck-up. Thanks, Keanu.
lol fucking amazing

Old 12-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #739
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I have Cyberpunk on PC and it’s a great game at core so I haven’t been able to stop playing but the bugs are just annoying. The bigger issue here is the complete and lack of any enemy AI and cop AI being nonexistent. CDPR says it’s a bug, which makes sense but damn, it does suck how bad the AI is. It’s really marring what should be a 9/10 game.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:14 AM   #740
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Holy shit finally played gta v for the first time. Holy smokes this is some immersive game right here. And ive always been a sucker for gta naughtiness. Feels like this is gonna take over all my free time for awhile....

Oh yeah and started resident evil 7 in vr. Really spooky, almost unbearable at points. Horror in vr is so different than flat. Like ew, what was in that fridge? Those plump wriggling clumps of maggots fell out onto my virtual shoes over here. Gross! But yet can’t wait to keep going, see what is in the basement of this derelict swamp house

Old 12-24-2020, 12:12 AM   #741
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Man one thing that’s immediately apparent about being a new PS4 owner after 3 years of planning almost only switch — these digital sales are so, so nice. Talking doom 2016 for 7$?!? Why yes thank u!

Old 12-24-2020, 01:01 AM   #742
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

the amount of entertainment out of video games is insane for the price. i still very rarely pay over $20 for any game but pennies per entertainment hour is soooo cheap

Old 01-01-2021, 03:35 PM   #743
run2pee
Minion of Satan

HO MY FUUUUUUUUUUU

....K doom 2016 is, ahem, intense. Wowee. Playing this on ps4 for the first time and this is probably the first time where ive said to myself, “woah fps does really matter sometiems” cause this is like 30 on the switch but 60 i think on the ps4. And for immersion and just like snapping my thumbs thru some demonic eye sockets, u can feel the crunch and the whip around and the pew pew pew in a much more direct, visceral way. Switch version has gyro going for it, though, which is a blast, and in handheld you’re not really tying to like go inside the game as much as when you’re sitting in front of a tv

But wow i just really like this game. Never was a doom player, wasn’t allowed when it came out, and never had consoles to play it on after my body got bigger (but our hearts get torn up) so this is my first doom experience. Other than watching over the shoulder as my old buddy jason played doom 3 on his pc. That was the first time i tripped mushrooms, it was just coming on, the corners of rooms turning waterfallish etc. and i member the demon faces in that game were like whispering at me at how i’d gone wrong in life and hell was coming and it wouldn’t be this corny cartoony cgi hell of video games it was gonna be the real bad one where u get gaped by a goat while having to disembowel babies, for like a living, as your day to day, not to mention can u imagine what Monday is like in hell

Old 01-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #744
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I'm playing Soma which is the first game I have ever not illegally downloaded, and it's worth it. Fucking awesome. Maybe except the parts where I can't see shit and don't know what I'm doing. I'm actually scared to start playing again. Great.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:31 PM   #745
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

let me rephrase that, it's the first one that I actually paid money for. Which is a lie, there were games that I actually purchased in a physical store back when there were stores. Lol!

Old 01-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #746
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
I'm playing Soma which is the first game I have ever not illegally downloaded, and it's worth it. Fucking awesome. Maybe except the parts where I can't see shit and don't know what I'm doing. I'm actually scared to start playing again. Great.
Oh hell yeah, how is this not on my list already. Survival horror is all over my top 10 all tiem games list. Always lookin to get spooked/poop pants in new ways

Old 01-01-2021, 06:27 PM   #747
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!! It’s like 3 bucks on the PSN or whatever right now! Thanks u just saved my wallets life

Old 01-01-2021, 06:28 PM   #748
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Cool i will dl this ass tonite and play up some and then we can DOMINATE the ya ha ha chats with our impressions of this ass!

Old 01-01-2021, 08:01 PM   #749
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Exactly! It was cheap. Ya ha ha @

Old 01-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #750
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I am on, I think, the final fight of Divinity: Original Sin 2 and I am having trouble with it but I think I can beat it as is, just gotta change tactics a little. This is my goal for today

Last edited by reprise85 : 01-02-2021 at 10:34 AM.