Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2021, 11:20 PM   #781
Shallowed
Braindead

Yeah I'm playing on PC

I don't have many saves because I've made a fresh start with a new character and only been doing quicksaves

I figured out a workaround that works for me. Instead of having my character walking by default and holding Shift to run and Alt to sprint, I'll have my character always run by default, and bind sprint to Shift and hold Alt to walk. Since I only choose to walk when I'm sneaking or following a slow-ass expository character.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:46 PM   #782
Shallowed
Braindead

Hey Run2Me and redbreebull and anyone else whose name came up from a forum search for "skyrim"

How did you approach the Forsworn conspiracy quest line?

Compared to Oblivion, I've had to refer to Wikis and videos much more often with Skyrim so I can get my head around all of the lore and politics, especially this quest line. I was sympathetic to the Forsworn pretty much the whole way through, but it seems like most players think that the native in jail is responsible for EVERYTHING, even the murders that make more sense to have been ordered by the oligarch who kept the native alive so that he could ruthlessly maintain his monopoly on his prison industrial complex.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:09 AM   #783
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

started playing cyberpunk 2077. haven't seen any bugs. pretty fun

Old 04-09-2021, 09:46 AM   #784
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Hey Run2Me and redbreebull and anyone else whose name came up from a forum search for "skyrim"

Compared to Oblivion, I've had to refer to Wikis and videos much more often with Skyrim so I can get my head around all of the lore and politics, especially this quest line. I was sympathetic to the Forsworn pretty much the whole way through, but it seems like most players think that the native in jail is responsible for EVERYTHING, even the murders that make more sense to have been ordered by the oligarch who kept the native alive so that he could ruthlessly maintain his monopoly on his prison industrial complex.
Pretty sure i killed whoever it took to get the sweet lil stone apartment there in markarth. Usually play as an outsider who equally hates the empire (for trying to behead me) and the nords (for being racists and generally irritating). If everyone could just leave me alone and let me pick flowers and catch butterflies? That would be great, thanks. But also if u have a cool apartment? Could be convinced to go clear some dungeons of whoever, for that

Old 04-09-2021, 10:57 AM   #785
Shallowed
Braindead

yeah same basically

Old 04-09-2021, 11:00 AM   #786
Shallowed
Braindead

also the Forsworn attack me on sight no matter where I see them, what the FUCK is up with that

and they call this a role playing game

Old 04-09-2021, 11:31 AM   #787
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Yeah it seems the developers want u to lump these forsworn in with the bandits. Or wolves even. Like they just run at u. In fact worse than bandits b/c at least bandits yell “that’s close enough” sometimes, to give u a chance to go around and avoid bloodshed.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #788
Shallowed
Braindead

god the level of "you're either with us or against us" mentality of the characters is insane

the Blades have done almost nothing but send me on wild goose chases for information that amounted to little, except finally they uncover that there is a special word of power that I as the Dragonborn can use against the big bad end-boss Dragon, and they reluctantly agree that I should return to the mountain monks that they distrust to see if they can teach me, the monks are a bit perturbed that I want to disrupt the natural way of things or something, and don't know the word anyway, but then they allow me to take the issue higher up to their leader, who turns out to be a dragon. So this monk dragon doesn't know the word either but is pretty co-operative and sends me on a quest to find a macguffin required to discover the word of power, then once I've learned it, the big bad end-boss dragon appears, and the monk dragon and I battle him, the big bad dragon escapes, and the monk dragon gives me a quest to find where he fled to.

So then I return to the blades to give them the news and they're all like "yeah this monk dragon used to be the big bad dragon's lieutenant, and even though he's defected and helped you more than anyone else to defeat the big bad dragon, you gotta kill him, because we're blindly obsessed with justice"

well fuck you guys, you motherfuckers need Jesus

Old 04-09-2021, 09:49 PM   #789
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
god the level of "you're either with us or against us" mentality of the characters is insane
very insane indeed

Old 04-09-2021, 09:50 PM   #790
slunken
Virgo

Old 04-09-2021, 09:52 PM   #791
slunken
Virgo

fuck i better cool off i'm literally on fire

Old 04-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #792
Shallowed
Braindead

literally

Old 04-09-2021, 11:48 PM   #793
run2pee
Minion of Satan

The skeletons in fallout 3 tell so many stories

Was just casually looting this morning thru this silent house, diseased brown sunlight streaming through boarded up windows, when got spooked by a couple of them in bed in an upstairs room, looked like they died holding onto each other....

Kinda moment make u go “oof.” You feel it in your stomach and suddenly you’re not just “playin games on the tv,” you’re feeling real emotions generated organically from your own reaction to this specific adventure you’re co-creating in a world of mystical human art/ingenuity

Last edited by run2pee : 04-09-2021 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Rad scorpion scared me so bad i had to pause my game just to fart

Old 04-10-2021, 12:01 PM   #794
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
started playing cyberpunk 2077. haven't seen any bugs. pretty fun
it's too bad they fucked up the release of this so much. it is indeed fun as fuck

Old 04-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #795
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i think i am gonna watch the new mortal kombat movie tonight

it's gonna be complete trash. so pumped

Old 04-27-2021, 12:42 AM   #796
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

It was a bad movie
It was bad even for a videogame movie
It was even a bad Mortal Kombat movie

Old 04-27-2021, 11:09 AM   #797
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Oh while we’re at it does anyone know where to stay early on in fallout 3

Got way too many heavy parts weighing down my back and ass and parts. Fucken encumbrance fucken bullshit

So where do i put all this crap where it wont despawn or whatever
IIRC Megaton is pretty central, unless you plan on destroying it. Then just use Tenpenny Tower, which is safe. I think both sites have merchants for offloading your loot, though Tenpenny Tower is out of the way.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #798
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
One thing that’s seemedto helped me to get bethesda games to stop glitching is to delete most of my old saves. The conventional wisdom is save every 20 mins which is good advice. But as a result u accumulate butt ton saves with these amazing pieces of shit ass wonderful broken ass games. So but if u go back and delete like your first 2,000 saves it can help the game to run good? Not sure about how IT* works so who knows but seems to help me and my dad
2,000 saves? Jesus tittyfucking christ. I wouldn't keep more than 50. Just overwrite. Never had problems with overwriting.

Also I'm sure you know this as a seasoned Bethesda veteran, but everything you do in the overworld is going to increase your load times. Like if there's an apple sitting on a table, and you interact with the apple in any way, the game keeps track of that. So 200 hours into a save file, it gets pretty slow and pissed off. Even shit like closing doors can have a big impact, in aggregate. Idk if it's an issue on modern hardware.

Skyrim is 10 years old. JFC. We're old.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:22 AM   #799
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post

gf got me this for christmas so i dug out & dusted off the n64 & have been playing it alongside some good ol' rounds of Mario Kart + Bomberman Hero (which to this day has one of my favorite game soundtracks of all time) & well, it's really something

Ok so have you or anyone else checked out the Goldeneye Xbox Live Arcade port that was finished in 2007 by the same crew who did Perfect Dark, but never release due to licensing hell.... until now???

it just leaked online. You just need the Xenia Xbox 360 emulator which is probably the least complicated emu ever. There's a patch too to finish a couple unfinished textures and audio. You can toggle between old graphics by pressing Rb. Good times

Old 04-28-2021, 01:04 AM   #800
run2pee
Minion of Satan

this is going to be a boring post

but playing gta v in first person is maybe the most immersive, transportive game i ever played

started it for the 1st time a few months ago, got annoyed at some difficult chase missions, and dropped it for awhile in favor of fallout 3 being my main.

but dipped into it again last night and finally got to that point in a gta where they cut u loose from the tutorials and u have some $ and weapons and can just bum around doing whatever

and omf just going for a walk around franklin's neighborhood, lookin at trash blowing in the wind, listening to people talking on their phone, watching the power lines swing, hearing booming bass coming out of the stereo in someone's basement. i kept saying to myself, "gasp this is the best game i ever played"

Old 04-30-2021, 12:29 PM   #801
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
It was a bad movie
It was bad even for a videogame movie
It was even a bad Mortal Kombat movie
totally agree

i couldn't even get through the first hour before i angrily shut that bullshit off

Old 04-30-2021, 12:38 PM   #802
Shallowed
Braindead

did they throw any hadoukens

Old 05-01-2021, 02:06 PM   #803
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

if hadouken is japanese for tons of horrendous, absolutely unforgivable dialogue then yes

Old 05-09-2021, 11:58 PM   #804
Shallowed
Braindead

Fall Out New Vegas is on sale on Steam so I've bought it but still haven't completely worn myself out on Skyrim yet

Old 05-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #805
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Going back to Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2 to finally finish it. Game could have been so much better. Still kinda appreciate it though.

Netflix Season 4 Thursday. Can't wait

Old 05-11-2021, 05:03 PM   #806
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus. The PS3 remake, rather than the newer PS4 remake.

I'm liking it. Awesome character design on the Colossi. The boss fights are fun. The controls are janky, though, and traversal across the large map can be laborious, especially when you need to take a long path around this gorge right in the middle of the map.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #807
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:

Quote:
Pretty sure i killed whoever it took to get the sweet lil stone apartment there in markarth. Usually play as an outsider who equally hates the empire (for trying to behead me) and the nords (for being racists and generally irritating). If everyone could just leave me alone and let me pick flowers and catch butterflies? That would be great, thanks. But also if u have a cool apartment? Could be convinced to go clear some dungeons of whoever, for that
very late response, but I've never played where I was friendly to the Forsworn. I am sympathetic to their plight because they basically got colonized... they were the original human inhabitants of the region before successive waves of conquerors and changing political balances drove them into the hills to live destitute. to them, the Empire and the Stormcloaks are just different sides of the same coin. But still, fuck them, they are terrorists

Generally my approach to Skyrim is the Empire sucks but they bring stability so I'll choose them over the Stormcloaks every time, who are just nativist white power nutjobs led by a donald trump guy at the end of the day. Personally, I enjoy helping the Empire crush the Stormcloaks.... and then once peace is established, I like to systematically exterminate all the Thalmor agents in Skyrim. They are the true enemy.

Quote:
also the Forsworn attack me on sight no matter where I see them, what the FUCK is up with that

and they call this a role playing game
I think they are hostile by default unless you take their side? they don't have a full city but they have quite a large fort somewhere in the Reach which IIRC is approachable if you've completed the questline favorable to them? It's been a little while since I played Skyrim

Quote:
this is going to be a boring post

but playing gta v in first person is maybe the most immersive, transportive game i ever played

started it for the 1st time a few months ago, got annoyed at some difficult chase missions, and dropped it for awhile in favor of fallout 3 being my main.

but dipped into it again last night and finally got to that point in a gta where they cut u loose from the tutorials and u have some $ and weapons and can just bum around doing whatever

and omf just going for a walk around franklin's neighborhood, lookin at trash blowing in the wind, listening to people talking on their phone, watching the power lines swing, hearing booming bass coming out of the stereo in someone's basement. i kept saying to myself, "gasp this is the best game i ever played"
yeah, it's amazing how different the later releases of the game feel to the 2013 version. the first person completely changes shit and makes the world feel incredibly deeper and more immersive (just things like every vehicle having a unique interior). the rendering of the graphics also seems to improve when you go into first person, at least on xbox 360.

I just restarted GTA V as well a few weeks ago. I haven't had much time to play so I'm only on the sub heist.

Old 05-12-2021, 08:06 PM   #808
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I think they are hostile by default unless you take their side? they don't have a full city but they have quite a large fort somewhere in the Reach which IIRC is approachable if you've completed the questline favorable to them? It's been a little while since I played Skyrim
Once you help the leader escape, that encampment is the only one that is not hostile to you. There's no follow-up or aftermath or anything, just reminiscing about that time that you broke him out of prison.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:21 AM   #809
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Once you help the leader escape, that encampment is the only one that is not hostile to you. There's no follow-up or aftermath or anything, just reminiscing about that time that you broke him out of prison.
Well then fuck them, kill em all!

Old 05-13-2021, 12:21 PM   #810
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

who's getting the Mass Effect thing today?