Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

Default has anyone seen The Beatles' Let It Be movie?

i'm a huge Beatles fan and i was thinking about how this is quite possibly the only piece of media they ever created that i haven't experienced.

from wikipedia:
Quote:
The film has been out of circulation since being released on VHS video, RCA SelectaVision videodisc, and laserdisc in the early 1980s. These early video copies were considerably poorer quality than the original theatrical release of the film because of rough conversion from 8-millimetre and 16-millimetre prints. DVD bootlegs of the film are usually derived from VHS or visually superior laserdisc versions, although there are very few laserdiscs that are in pristine performance condition as a result of laser rot.

In a February 2007 interview with Neil Aspinall regarding the remastering of the film for DVD release, he stated, "The film was so controversial when it first came out. When we got halfway through restoring it, we looked at the outtakes and realized: this stuff is still controversial. It raised a lot of old issues."[7]

In June 2008, plans for a DVD version of Let It Be were canceled at the request of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. An unnamed source told the Daily Express UK newspaper that while Paul and Ringo were planning to release it, both had second thoughts. The source goes on to say "The Beatles are still a massive global brand and it's felt it won't be helped if the public sees the darker side of the story. Neither Paul nor Ringo would feel comfortable publicizing a film showing The Beatles getting on each other's nerves."
goddamn. i want it. i'm about to start to start looking for some poor quality VHS rip torrent.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #2
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I've seen it. My dad had a bootleg VHS of it a few years ago but I'm not sure if he still has it.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

There's apparently a rare laserdisc rip on Piratebay if you're interested. I'm downloading it as we speak. Can't wait, can't wait

Are any of the Beatles movies (hard day's night, yellow submarine etc.) any good, by the way? I have a lot of spare time next week and I haven't seen any. How about the Elvis ones? Any music documentaries I should see while I'm at it?

Old 08-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

you should see the beatles anthology dvds. It is the best Beatles footage fest out there.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

I like all of the beatles' movies. you should watch them all. especially magical mystery tour. they didn't do the voices for yellow submarine, just so you know.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
barden
Braindead

My girlfriend has one of them... Hard Days night I think. I remember thinking it wasn't what I was expecting when I watched it.
You can tell the Beatles were cool. And they totally knew it.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
Hypocaust
Fucking up since '01

A Hard Days Night is wonderful.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:20 AM   #8
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barden View Post
My girlfriend has one of them... Hard Days night I think. I remember thinking it wasn't what I was expecting when I watched it.
You can tell the Beatles were cool. And they totally knew it.
I could watch Hard Days Night twice a week for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. I don't even know how someone could make such a ridiculous movie and have it be so enjoyable to watch.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:33 AM   #9
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

who's that little old man?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
Salem
Ownz

Arrow

He's very clean.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 AM   #11
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

"You're a swine.... isn't he?"
"Yeah, a swine."

Old 08-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
deadaswarhol
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: and I just felt something when I saw her that day at Kroger

just watched this for the first time. pretty neat. would have liked more stuff with the band talking though.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #13
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac View Post
There's apparently a rare laserdisc rip on Piratebay if you're interested. I'm downloading it as we speak. Can't wait, can't wait
is it like a dvd rip format? or just and mpg/avi or whatever? how's the quality?