Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Red face First Nintendo Revolution game revealed. Red Steel

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonl...erforstory.jpg
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/red3.JPG
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/red2.JPG

at their best , video games are about immersion . players shouldnt feel like they are observing the action onscreen, they should be figuratively transported into a different world.

your avitar’s life should become your life , and its adventures should be your adventure. the controller in a player’s hands should transcend its role as a mere interface device; it should become the weapon that you see onscreen .most games try to push immersion with better graphics, more intense action , or overwhelming sound. but one upcoming console is doing something different , trying a new way to make that controller in your hand become something more. that console is the nintendo revolution.

with the unveiling of the revolution’s motion based controller, most gamers envisioned the kaleidoscope of unique ideas that nintendo would use it for. but while the gaming public was preoccupied with demos of cooking and fishing games, one developer asked itself the question of how the revolution could be used to take a familiar genre to the next level.this company wanted to figure out how to use its unique controller not to develop an entirely new type of game, but to elevate an already-popular style. that company is ubisoft, and the answer to its self-imposed challenge is the revolution launch title known as red steel.

it is highly unusual for a company like nintendo to allow the axclusive first look at one of its consoles through a 3rd party game like red steel.but as it turns out , nintendo has been closely involved in the development of this game, and has great confidence that it is a perfect way to introduce the world to revolution . developed by ubisoft paris , one of the publishers oldest and most experienced teams , red steel is a mixture of old and new: a fps that that uses the revolutions controller for aiming - and much more. while nintendo obviously has several games in development for the revolution launch , the company simply doesnt make games like red steel , so letting a respected publisher like ubisoft introduce the revolution through an easy -to - understand game type allows both companies to demonstrate what they do best ..”

There is probably more scans and info out there but anyone interested can go find it themselves. Feel free to use this thread for all gaming shit.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

That looks cool.

I'm playing Godfather. The shooting system is way better than GTA.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #3
benjamin619
Apocalyptic Poster

and, it'll be cheaper than the new xboxes and pstwos.

i want one already.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

i think they're trying to make a statement by making their first revealed game involve violence

Old 04-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

I want one also.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #6
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Has there been a discussion on the revolution specs yet? I read that it has a 729mhz processor and 88mb of ram. This kind of screws it in terms of cross platform games I think.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkPhuoko
i think they're trying to make a statement by making their first revealed game involve violence
And I think I like that statment.

Though, I'm really hesitant about buying another Nintendo product, as since I purchased my Gamecube, I've wanted nothing but games exclusive to X-box or PS2. I haven't played it for close to a year.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

the $99 I dropped on my gamecube was well worth being able to play Windwaker and the zelda masterquest discs

Old 04-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

I want that zelda disc where it has stuff like ocarina and majora's mask on it. I have the one with the master quest.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #10
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

"not to assign any personality to the main character. You are the hero in Red Steel and this is your adventure. The only backstory to the protagonist is that he is an american male who is engaged to a Japanese American woman name Myu. On the night that you are supposed to meet Myu's father for the first time, she is kidnapped from the psh Los Angeleles restaurant you're dining in. You quickly learn that her father is a Yakuza boss named Sato, who is in possesion of an important ceremonial katana. A younger, more ruthless Yakuza faction led by a man called Tokal attempted to steal the sword from Sato to shift the balance of power within the organization. Sato thwarted the attempt to steal the sword, but was mortally wounded in the attack. Tokal's men kidnap Myu in response, hoping to trade her life for the sword. But Sato refuses to hand over the sword to Toakl, instead giving it to you, with the instructions to use it to find his daughter. Sato dies soon after diving you the sword, leaving you all alone and untrained against Tokal's men. Armed with the katana and a selection of firearms, you myst follow Myu to Japan and defeat Tokal, but first you must gain the skills necessary to confront him. According to --- the first third of the game will be more brutal by necessity. When you are first learning to use the Revolution controller, you will be less precise and --- (blurry and cuts off)

"a series of headshots, it is often more beneficial to take a non-lethal shot, such as shooting a gun out of an enemy's hands. I mnay situtations, there wil be a higher-ranking enemy who commands the others in the area. By defeating him and sparing his life, he will offer you his respect and help. The enemies he commands will surrender their guns and the boss may offer you a new weapon, a special path through the level, or other reward. Any time you spare an enemy, you will be rewarded. as it always takes more skill to spare a life than to take it. Freeze shot adds a lot of dpeth to the gunplay and is a natural fit for the Revolution controller, but isn't the only way that Red Steel adds spice to the combat. After all, why would you carry a sword through a game if you couldn't use it? Although the majority of Red Steel's gameplay will stress ranged combat, there will be times you need to get up close and personal. You can switch to the sword at any time, and if you can get close enougn to an enemy, you can use it for on-hit stealth kills. In other moments, you'll find yourself locked into intense one-on-one sword duels. Any time you take on an enemy with a sword of his own, you'll need to take yours out right away, or his blade will make short work of you. Swinging the Revolution controller in front of you, you will see the sword onscreen (cut off)"

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mike.cordei..._redshell1.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mike.cordei..._redshell2.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mike.cordei..._redshell3.jpg

Old 04-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #11
Orchestra
Minion of Satan

The control looks fucking incredible.
Goodbye X-box 360 and ps3.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #12
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Talking

Heres a new game for people like Dead
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/Esty3/image.gif

This is how Dead ends that game:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...y3/REVSHOT.gif

Old 04-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

i <3 nintendo. i'm going to finish off minish cap tonight i think. i'm excited for the revolution

Old 04-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #14
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

I'd buy that game in a second. If it was reasonably priced. No more than $60.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #15
alexthestampede
Banned

"it's different from what it came after, and it's more recent, so it's progress"

nt. this controller sucks. i wish theyd come out with an at-home-pistol-controller setup with enough decent games to make buying it worthwhile. who the fuck wants to shoot at enemies with a tv remote?

in the meantime i just wish i had xbox live again, a bigger tv, and maybe a 360.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

that looks cool
maybe nintendo can come up with a decent console again... fuck, their last awesome system was the snes. the n64 was cool but not much more than that.
anyways if there are cool games in the making and not some faggy dancing games this will become a major factor in the competition between sony and microsoft.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #17
alexthestampede
Banned

Old 04-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

damn dude, watch where you're pointing that thing

Old 04-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #19
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

I'm totally fine with the whole phaser thing. Plus gun accessories have proven unsuccesful in the past, surely we can't forget the superscope in the SNES days.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #20
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

i had the superscope. the fuckin thing took 118 fuckin batteries.

bring back the sega cd. lethal enforcers was the shite!

Old 04-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
Mooney
Socialphobic

holding your arm up is going to get really tiring. i had a motion controlled controller for PC and it wasn't good for anything.

the aiming retical takes up a quarter of the screen -- aiming in that game isn't very precise, apparently. also, there's no camera or optical sensor in the controller, so where you point it in relation to the tv is going to have no bearing on your aim. also, chances are you will have to tilt your wrist to aim, not move your arm up and down as if you were holding a gun.

perhaps i'm just a bit cynical since the gamecube was garbage.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead
Has there been a discussion on the revolution specs yet? I read that it has a 729mhz processor and 88mb of ram. This kind of screws it in terms of cross platform games I think.

If they can port RE4 from the Cube to the PS2, it should be fine.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #23
Mooney
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
If they can port RE4 from the Cube to the PS2, it should be fine.
porting a new game to five year-old hardware isn't really much of an accomplishment.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #24
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Yet, a 360 to Rev porting is impossible?

Old 04-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #25
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

i'm gonna stick that thing in my pants

Old 04-08-2006, 07:00 PM   #26
BeautifulLoser
Socialphobic

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney
holding your arm up is going to get really tiring.

This is the problem I'd have with it.

I won't buy one. PS3 is for me.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #27
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

You bitches are whining about how much it sucks and you aren't buying it, and nobody has even tried the thing or even knows shit about it. Great decision making.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #28
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Quote:
You bitches are whining about how much it sucks and you aren't buying it, and nobody has even tried the thing or even knows shit about it. Great decision making.
now i'm not buying it just because of you

Old 04-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #29
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Good.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #30
Mooney
Socialphobic

Arrow

Quote:
well, until anyone can try it all we can do is speculate. nintendo's track record for the past ten years doesn't help them. saying that it is not going to suck at this point is just as ill-based.