Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #691
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
For some reason i got the impression everyone was disappointed by fallout 4 and that it wasn’t as good as 3, was this just like a fad? Fallout 3 is one of those games ive started like 5 times b/c i really am drawn to and want to play it but something always interrupts me and i never did more than a few preliminary hours into it. Love that desolation tho. When you’re so alone with nothing but the sound of the wind and the ghastly clicking of the rad scorpions
Far as I can tell, the general consensus is that the writing did peak with New Vegas however I do think any fan of the series would enjoy the fourth nonetheless.

Another thing worth mentioning is that I eventually tried playing it on the "survival" difficulty mode and since doing that feel it's the only way to play those games. It ups immersion and that sense of desolation mixed with danger to the point that it just wouldn't be complete without it.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #692
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Gosh the PS4 user interface is friekin cluttered to fuk huh? Wish i could delete half this trash that i will never use.

Don’t need this hunk of box to water the plants or remind me to change the baby. Playing PS4 games will be just fine/sufficient, thx

Old 10-15-2020, 07:58 PM   #693
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Far as I can tell, the general consensus is that the writing did peak with New Vegas however I do think any fan of the series would enjoy the fourth nonetheless.

Another thing worth mentioning is that I eventually tried playing it on the "survival" difficulty mode and since doing that feel it's the only way to play those games. It ups immersion and that sense of desolation mixed with danger to the point that it just wouldn't be complete without it.
Wicked that settles it, gonna snag. Glad to hear it’s good

Old 10-15-2020, 09:01 PM   #694
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I liked the 4th one, though two parts of the game bothered the fuck out of me (settlements and endless brotherhood quests that go nowhere) but other than that I thought it was pretty good. New Vegas is the GOAT Fallout game though for sure

Old 10-16-2020, 04:39 AM   #695
Shallowed
Braindead

anyone wanna play among us

Old 10-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #696
spguitar0
Demi-God

Thicc Superman is going into the Shadowlands first.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #697
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Nice i snagged katamari after seeing u post about it on here, still need to get into it, the controls are for some reason sorta unintuitive to my old/addled sensorium so while i am charmed into submission i keep hitting this wall of my lil guy not going where i would like

Anyway, but yeah, any tips? Just stick with it?
my tips are be the ball, learn what items add heft but you that you can pick up as a small guy, never look at the time clock, take time to pick up all items in a small area instead of blasting through, your hands should be in a hurry but not your brain, and take a deep breath before each round. i switch sitting positions to find something that works.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:54 PM   #698
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Anyone playing Super Mario 35? I can't be the only loser stuck in the past. I find it super fun and not challenging at all. Hooray for useless skills honed over 3 decades.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #699
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Anyone playing Super Mario 35? I can't be the only loser stuck in the past. I find it super fun and not challenging at all. Hooray for useless skills honed over 3 decades.
He’ll yeah!!! My first battle royale game since i sux fux at practically every other genre but yep been playing smb since i was 6 y/o so doing pretty ok at this, even got 2nd place on my 2nd try! But been struggling to make top 10 since then. Seems like whenever it’s down to last few dudes/dudettes it takes forever for someone to slip up

Old 10-23-2020, 03:36 PM   #700
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

got my ps3 back in working order & have embarked in a full playthrough of Ninja Gaiden Sigma

so fucking fun

Old 10-24-2020, 01:04 AM   #701
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I've been playing Hades; it's pretty fun. Just wanted something hacknslash without too much story and this hits the spot.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:06 AM   #702
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

so what's the deal with Death Stranding?

Old 10-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #703
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Old 10-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #704
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

that... seems to be fairly accurate

it's so purdy though!

Old 10-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #705
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I actually have no opinion on the game and have never played it. I just find the video funny.

It's important to remember that there are only seven games that Dunkey actually likes:

Old 10-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #706
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Welp, embeding that image didn't work. Were I on PC, I'd just rehost it and embed that, but they make Imgur a bitch to use on mobile for some reason.

Old 10-31-2020, 11:11 PM   #707
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I've been playing Hades; it's pretty fun. Just wanted something hacknslash without too much story and this hits the spot.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:21 PM   #708
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Boston is overrun with video games.

Old 11-30-2020, 07:41 AM   #709
Shallowed
Braindead

played about an hour each of about a dozen or so games in my steam library that I've never had the motivation or mood to actually play and had a frustratingly bad time and found myself relating more and more to this video

Old 11-30-2020, 07:43 AM   #710
Shallowed
Braindead

whoops wrong video

Old 11-30-2020, 08:46 PM   #711
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Starting playing Divinity Original Sin 2. Fuckin' great shit. I don't know why the name always made me think it was some kind of shooter.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:38 PM   #712
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Starting playing Divinity Original Sin 2. Fuckin' great shit. I don't know why the name always made me think it was some kind of shooter.
Wicked. Need to spend more time with this. Felt pretty overwhelming at the beginning. But apparently it’s one of the best RPG experiences there is

Skyrim in PSVR is pretty amazing. Probably the biggest “holy shit” moment in gaming ive experienced since ... dunno, my 1st playthru of ocarina of time probably. That feelin like omg what have they wrought here ... this is a whole ‘nother world they’ve made for me to dick around in

The other stuff is incredible too. Superhot is probably the most fun one ive tried on the VR

Old 11-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #713
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

It felt overwhelming at first to me as well but I pretty much have it under control now I think. Also I heard you can respec pretty early in the game so I tried not to worry about making the perfect characters. I do think I will change some of my companions' stats a little but my mainchar rogue is a fucking beast. One really cool thing is you can really make anything into anything. You're not really choosing a class as much as some basic starting stats and a race (there are a couple of inborn talents but not much). One point in whatever lets you learn basic spells so all my people can heal and buff and we kinda kick ass. Also they implemented thievery in a really interesting way that stops it from being steal/get caught/reload/steal/etc grind and makes you really be strategic about it, too.

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-30-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Old 11-30-2020, 10:51 PM   #714
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
so what's the deal with Death Stranding?
So, I started playing Death Stranding today.

It's a pretty good movie.

As a video game, it's fucking boring as shit, though.

Old 12-01-2020, 03:45 AM   #715
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

if I'm gonna sit down to watch a 30 hour movie you bet your sweet ass it ain't never gonna star Norman Reedus

Old 12-01-2020, 03:46 AM   #716
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

also, didja know this game was produced, engineered, conceived, written, illustrated, animated, composed and designed by Hideo Kojima?

Old 12-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #717
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Funny, I enjoyed the gameplay of Death Stranding, it's a weirdo puzzle game about navigating the environment. A bumpy rocky path is more terrifying than the ghosts in the story.
And as you play on the game keeps giving you tools to make it easier and more efficient, by the time you have roads everywhere it gets to be pretty satisfying.

Story is where it fell short to me, it really wants you to get it's subtext with the nuance of a piledriver. It's the writing equivalent of having someone poking at you going "get it? get it?" the entire time.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #718
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Speaking of stories falling short, The Last of Us Part II is a bloated, overly long, pretentious game with a very basic and predictable story.

Gameplay wise it's fun enough to sneak around and murder thousands of zombies, but it's so long that it becomes rote and repetitive long before the end.

Old 12-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #719
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Enjoying assassins creed odyssey here the 1st several hours. Mostly using it as a hiking simulator. That’s all i wanna do in games nowadays is like hike and pick flowers maybe loot a vein of very special rocks/minerals

Old 12-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #720
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Amazing how much stuff i have to click to tell ubisoft to clean up my damn hud. How can anyone get immersed with all this wacky on screen text and markers and yellow exclamation points. Never a good sign if the icons from your work email appear in your video games all swirling round your head in different directions. This is why i will always return to breath of the wild: the hiking is fucken pure in that game