Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Default bye bye bennigan's

http://consumerist.com/5030457/benni...nts-nationwide

i went there once, the food was all right.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Caine Walker
Braindead

wow, the fact that employees won't be getting their last paychecks is awful.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

I only ever ate there once, and I wasn't impressed...

Old 07-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

and a manager added, "This sucks. I'm out of a job."

never been there.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

http://images.quizfarm.com/1111283949butters.gif

Old 07-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wounded View Post
and a manager added, "This sucks. I'm out of a job."

never been there.
I feel for him. Service industry jobs are very difficult to find these days.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
PeppermintHippo
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
Beat me to it! I was going to say poor butters.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbadthing View Post
I feel for him. Service industry jobs are very difficult to find these days.
oh yeah it definitely sucks losing a job, much less losing a job without any notice whatsoever. Pretty shitty on the parent company's part.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
bits
Ownz

now i want a monte cristo with raspberry sauce

Old 07-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #10
PeppermintHippo
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't think I ever had a good meal there...we used to do a lot of beer drinking there on trivia nights.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

I was wondering about this because I saw the bennigans down the street had closed a few weeks ago. I'm a little surprised to hear about all of them closing.
Their food and service usually sucked though. Only good thing... happy hour.
Last time I ate there was in Chicago. I found stickers in my fries, and the service sucked so bad, my meal was free.

Last edited by agenda suicide : 07-29-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #12
Eulogy
huh

i have a couple friends who work at one. sucks for them.

i ate there one time. meh.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #13
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I don't think I have ever been in one though I also don't remember seeing too many around here. It is like a TGIFriday's or something?

Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Sort of, yeah.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale blue eyes View Post
I don't think I have ever been in one though I also don't remember seeing too many around here. It is like a TGIFriday's or something?
basically, yeah.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #16
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

why the hell TGIFridays hasn't gone out of business is beyond me.

On a similar note, apparently Linens N Thing has filed for bankruptcy, and if the store doesn't improve by a certain date, my old boss is getting fired. Boy am I glad I quit that shitty job.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #17
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I always had a nice experience at Bennigans. I was only there 4 times total, but they seemed very nice and the food was good. I've had worse.

That bennigans they mention in the article was the one I always went to.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #18
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Hi, welcome to T.G.I. Fridays! May I annoy the living shit out of you? My name is Jenni, and I'll be your incredibly irritating server tonight! So, how are you folks doing this evening? Great!

Thanks sooo much for waiting! It has just been completely insane around here! So if I seem a little brain-dead, please bear with me!

Can I start anybody off with one of our overpriced, stupidly named drinks? We've got a new Totally Tropical Piña Colada Smoothie that's totally amazing. No? Just waters all around? Not feeling very adventurous tonight, are we? Hey, no prob! I'll be back with your aguas in just two shakes!

I am sooo sorry that took so long! Like I said, it's just been nuts. So, can I start you folks off with some greasy, disgusting appetizers? I highly recommend the Mexicali Rose Tequila-Fried Buffalo Wings. My personal fave, though, is the Five-Alarm Chili-Pepper Quesadillas with a side of Sesame-Seed-Grilled Tostadas and Margarita-Flavored Monterey Jack Dip. No? Just entrees? Wow, you folks don't mess around, do ya?

Are you aware of our specials that nobody ever, ever orders? I'll mention them even though you've decided what you want. The first is our Southwestern Grilled Fettuccine Alfredo, which is a lot like our regular Fettuccine Alfredo, except the egg noodles are chargrilled and the cream sauce is flavored with a ranch dressing. It's served with either a Mediterranean veggie salad or refried-bean dip. The second special is the Southwestern Grilled Avocado Meatloaf with Oriental vinaigrette marinara. Don't those sound not the least bit tempting?

Doesn't my uniform make you happy? Aren't you happy? Aren't you so happy you could take a bullet through the head?

Whew! I cannot believe how busy we are tonight! I swear, it doesn't normally take an hour for entrees. Anyway, thank you so much for your patience! You're the salsaburger with fries, right? And you're the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad. Here ya go! Anything else I can get for you? Can I top off that Coke for you, sir? Great!

Say, I forgot to mention this before, but we've got our own freshly brewed ice tea with Mexican-grilled lemon. Any takers? Or, better yet, would you like to see our beer and wine list? That's too bad, because alcoholic drinks are the best way to increase the bill, which in turn increases my tip.

So, how's that burger working out for you, sir? Great! Actually, I couldn't care less. Would you like to see the dessert menu? Take your time looking it over, and I'll be back in a couple of minutes. By the way, I meant to say this before, but I absolutely adore your top. No, not yours, sir! Although you're quite the looker yourself!

Isn't my voice annoying? Did you notice how every third word out of my mouth is "great"? Isn't that fucking annoying?

All finished here? Great! Would you like a box to put those leftovers in? You sure? Okay! Have you decided what you'd like for dessert? The Asphyxiation By Caramel? I'm sorry, we're actually all out at the moment. Did you have a second choice? The Kahlua Fudge Slide with real Reese's Pieces? Oh, geez, we're out of that, too. I'm sooo sorry! We do, however, have the Tex-Mex Fried Neapolitan Ice Cream with kiwi shavings. Would you prefer that instead? No? Just the check? Great! I'll be right back!

Sorry for the delay again, but the register's been acting up. I swear, I think there's a full moon out tonight! Is there anything else I can get for you? I know I totaled out the check, but we do have an adjoining bar. A negligible percentage of our bar sales go to the March of Dimes, so it's technically for a good cause! Oh, you have to leave as soon as possible? Okay, well, you guys have a super night! You can just bring your check up to the hostess at the register when you're set. It's been a pleasure getting on your nerves! Bye!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post
I always had a nice experience at Bennigans. I was only there 4 times total, but they seemed very nice and the food was good. I've had worse.

ohhh, right. i have been to that one a couple times too.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #20
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
ohhh, right. i have been to that one a couple times too.
that's the one where there was a sticker in my fries and got really shitty service. the waitress was *really* nice, but she was slow and not the smartest person.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #21
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Eh, maybe they just didn't like you. You being from texas.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #22
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

the bennigans I've gone to in Houston, Austin, and Chicago all sucked in some way. I will however miss the monte cristo.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #23
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

ewwww

Old 07-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #24
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

basically all of those places aren't exactly the best. I wouldn't give a shit if their prices weren't so ridiculous.
I remember there was a rat running around the TGIFriday's in London. My mom told the waiter and he was just like "meh okay". And yes... I realize how retarded it is to eat at an 'american restaurant' in England, but my mother and sister apparently don't like to branch out much.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #25
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthre...gan%27s&page=4

If you go to my post on this page in this thread, you'll see why my mom is saying that karma is a bitch in regards to the news about Bennigan's.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #26
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski View Post
i'd rather see applebee's go down. my friend's mom found a fucking lizard in her salad.
applebees is fucking disgusting.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:20 AM   #27
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agenda suicide View Post
basically all of those places aren't exactly the best. I wouldn't give a shit if their prices weren't so ridiculous.
I remember there was a rat running around the TGIFriday's in London. My mom told the waiter and he was just like "meh okay". And yes... I realize how retarded it is to eat at an 'american restaurant' in England, but my mother and sister apparently don't like to branch out much.
Sorry 'bout that.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 AM   #28
murgle
Shaz doesn't fuck around.

It's nice that the Bennigan's by my boyfriend's is open until 2am... but I don't really like their food. It's a place to go late at night and get a sandwich... but to be honest, I'd rather go to IHOP, even, than Bennigan's.