Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 02:39 PM   #3811
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

good riddance. one down, many more to go. hopefully death catches up to her family so the last heir can die before a new one gets borneded.

it boggles the mind and annoys the shit out of me to hear about this useless family on f'ing north american news channels. why do you care?

Old 09-08-2022, 04:27 PM   #3812
yo soy el mejor

i got called a 'karen' by a drunk white lady on a plane headed from hawaii to denver. i was tickled!

So I was traveling alone and walked onto a plane--it was a big one and not that crowded yet so a lot of the seats around mine were empty except for a boy in front of me and a woman in the row in front of him.

She obviously knew him (turned out to be his mom) and I walked upon her saying to him, "You're just gonna sit there a fucking prince, huh? You're not gonna pay me back for what I did? You have no fucking clue..." The boy (later learned to be 10) sounded embarrassed and saying, "Moooom, stop. Come on, please". But she wouldn't stop!

Man, finally I piped up and told her she was being disgusting. She said it was none of my business and I said if I have to listen to her disgusting language and she's verbally abusing a child in front of me it is my business.

She told me I have no idea how much of a little shit he is...blah blah blah. I said, "well, look at how you behave." Then I spoke directly to the boy and I said, "I am so sorry you have to deal with this woman. It'll be a good day when you turn 18"

It was then she called me a Karen and I laughed and said, "You're the blonde drunkard cursing at a child. Are you that drunk or just a bitch?"

Two people in the middle cluster of seats were giving me approving glances the whole time for saying something and at that moment said, "Oh yeah, she's drunk". And that was that. I shared some giggles about the woman with the girl next to me, but nothing else happened after that.

So, in conclusion, the term Karen is out because now white women are using it against Mexicans

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 09-08-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Old 09-08-2022, 05:53 PM   #3813
slunken
Virgo

the plane then had to be emptied because everyone put on party hats and started blowing party favors and shooting off fireworks while auld lang syne played

Old 09-08-2022, 08:02 PM   #3814
yo soy el mejor

would've been piiiiissed if we were made to alight because of her drunk butt...party hats or not

Old 09-09-2022, 05:55 PM   #3815
slunken
Virgo

I sold my OG vinyl copy of Antichrist Superstar for $500 please pray for me that I'm not getting scammed guys.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:29 AM   #3816
ilikeplanets
Braindead

That's a bad ass move, ****. It's never worth it to have those sort of family arguments/discussions/verbal berating sessions in public and people gotta shut it down.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:58 AM   #3817
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I usually go for de-escalation and levity in those situations because usually the best way to help the child is to support the mother, rather than berate her

Though, that’s easier said than done if the mother is drunk

Old 09-10-2022, 12:20 PM   #3818
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I can't imagine being comfortable enough to yell or viciously scold my kids in public. I have that saccharine persona out there, even when I'm fuming.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:33 PM   #3819
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Grocery check outs, and especially self check outs, have become the ultimate test. The last thing I want to do after a 2 hour shopping trip with a hyper 5 old who makes finger guns at every child we pass and a wailing newborn who can't yet keep her own pacifier in seated in a heavy carseat carrier, is allow my 5 year old to "do it herself" with every item. Yesterday she scanned the wrong barcode on every item that had 2, which automatically rings the cashier over to undo it, then dropped each of my mangos on the ground one by one after picking them out of my cart when I told her that produce doesn't have barcodes and let me do the produce. Then she screamed at the top of her lungs about how I'm a terrible woman for close to 10 straight minutes as I finished up. Even in those situations, I feel like I'm not supposed to show frustration, and definitely not yell at/insult my kid. Both in general, but more so never in public. It sucks because you're either looked at as someone who can't effectively discipline or someone who is cruel.

Old 09-10-2022, 01:45 PM   #3820
slunken
Virgo

ilp so real with it

FUMING

Old 09-10-2022, 02:00 PM   #3821
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have a perfect "whisper scream"

Old 09-10-2022, 02:10 PM   #3822
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I don't even care if you're low key making fun of me, I gotta spill it somewhere cuz that situation sucks

Old 09-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #3823
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

That situation definitely sucks and I agree it is basically impossible to get it right. I scolded my kids all the time if they needed it. I think I went too far the other way. It depended on what else was happening. If there was a queue at the grocery store I would tell them to look at all the people waiting, and ask them in a pointed and harsh tone whether they thought everyone was happy to sit and wait while they took so long scanning the groceries. My kids were pretty receptive to that. If there was nobody waiting then I just took a deep breath and zoned out, probably. But I probably looked like a harsh mother. Well, I was a harsh mother I guess.

On my Mary Poppins days when miraculously I’d had enough sleep and been able to shower and eat breakfast and there had been no throwing up and no poop disasters, I would put on a cheery voice and say “it’s fun to take turns” and try to speed things up that way. I chose a lot of cringe viewing like Little Bear and Sesame St so when I wanted to take a break from relentlessly encoding them with knowledge and manners, I could pass the torch to Big Bird

But yeah mostly I was pretty harsh. My kids recount stories all the time now like they’re veterans, and ironically I respond to that by speaking harshly to them. I think it’s just the kind of mother I am

Old 09-10-2022, 04:33 PM   #3824
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

just think of planets, i like planets

think of planets & they'll get u thru...

Old 09-10-2022, 04:56 PM   #3825
ovary
Ownz

my son is only three weeks but i've had success with the shaking method

Old 09-10-2022, 04:58 PM   #3826
ovary
Ownz

in the hospital it said on a sign "7 out of 10 parents in this state agree it is never okay to shake your child" so that's where i got the idea because i'm always trying to think outside the box

Old 09-10-2022, 05:01 PM   #3827
ovary
Ownz

seriously tho someone gave us this swing thing that's like a fuckin' arcade ride and it's like baby heroin. like he'll try to start crying in there but he can't. just feels too good. gets fussy turn up the rotation speed a little bit. zoom zoom

Old 09-10-2022, 05:19 PM   #3828
ilikeplanets
Braindead

If I'm overly harsh I can't sleep at night. I definitely employ screen time, too, but your kids are older and didn't grow up fully immersed in technology by the time they were 2 (right?) so I try to save it for the most stressful times. There's no right answer, and my oldest isn't the type to be motivated by other people's feelings at the grocery store, so I probably look like a doormat. But I'd rather doormat than bitch, I guess.

Of course that doesn't mean I don't lose my shit ever, just means I hate doing it and it never changes behavior in a positive way for us, so I strive to parent with kindness.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:27 PM   #3829
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
seriously tho someone gave us this swing thing that's like a fuckin' arcade ride and it's like baby heroin. like he'll try to start crying in there but he can't. just feels too good. gets fussy turn up the rotation speed a little bit. zoom zoom
Baby swings are a life saver, my oldest slept in hers until she was 10 months old (not recommended). This baby doesn't love it quite as much, but falls asleep next to the running vacuum cleaner. Babies, man.

And congratulations!!

Old 09-10-2022, 06:13 PM   #3830
yo soy el mejor

neither of my parents yelled at me too much, weirdly enough. except one time my father actually jumped up and down while yelling at me for the first time when i was 9 or so and he looked so weird. my mother didn't bother yelling, she just told me to go away and stay in my room when i upset her and would ignore me until i apologized.

when i was super young, my father would surreptitiously pinch my arm or take me to a restroom until i shut up (he says i loved to watch myself cry in the mirror) whenever i misbehaved in public.

this reminds that so many people at my work (basically everyone except a very young girl) have kids except for me. so when they just all tell stories about their kids (some have adult children, others very young ones), i can only relate by once being a kid myself.

someone talked about their kid going through a biting stage and people shared their relatable stories. i chimed in to say i think i was bitten by a kid going through that stage and we were both sent to the hall to wait for the principal. the mark was starting to fade so i bit myself to make sure it didn't and the principal caught me. ugh!

Old 09-10-2022, 06:20 PM   #3831
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
That's a bad ass move, ****. It's never worth it to have those sort of family arguments/discussions/verbal berating sessions in public and people gotta shut it down.
yeah, man. and he was obviously not even being a brat in that moment and just asking her to please stop.

gosh, i can still remember how ugly and mean her face looked sandwiched between two seats looking back at him thinking no one could see or hear her but him.

like that scene from the shining!

Old 09-12-2022, 05:28 AM   #3832
vixnix
Socialphobic

I just opened the wingstop website and made myself so sad

I feel like all the islands of New Zealand have no good chicken wings. What kind of shitty country are we, anyway

Old 09-12-2022, 06:26 AM   #3833
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Come to think of it, I can't name a single New Zealand-specific dish. Google says pie is your national dish, specifically kiwi pie. Do you find this true? I've never had kiwi pie, or seen it anywhere on my life over here stateside.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:26 AM   #3834
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Come to think of it, I can't name a single New Zealand-specific dish. Google says pie is your national dish, specifically kiwi pie. Do you find this true? I've never had kiwi pie, or seen it anywhere in my life over here stateside.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:54 AM   #3835
vixnix
Socialphobic

Godforsaken meat pies as a national dish. It’s worse than hamburgers and hot dogs.

I think the only other thing is a pavlova, which is this sort of hideous huge meringue covered with fresh whipped cream and fresh fruit (usually berries). But there’s an ongoing feud with Australia over who created that.

For my generation the traditional NZ dish was either roast lamb or lamb chops with vegetables - in my childhood we still raised heaps of sheep in NZ. So lamb chops for dinner and an itchy woollen jersey and itchy woollen blankets on our beds. And wool carpet under foot. Just….Sheep and sheep products everywhere

Old 09-12-2022, 07:01 AM   #3836
ilikeplanets
Braindead

meringue and whipped cream together sounds pretty bad, vix

Old 09-12-2022, 07:19 AM   #3837
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Fucking 3:30 AM and I'm online working and talking about pavlova, sipping coffee. Doesn't get much fucking better.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:53 AM   #3838
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah it’s always skeeved me out. But making a pavlova at Christmas time is basic hospitality in NZ and once a year it is tolerable. It’s kinda grown on me. Otherwise we embrace our colonial roots and eat fruitcake and plum pudding at Christmas (which are basically the same thing) or trifle which is the very worst. God honestly trifle just is the end. So next to those, pavlova seems like the best of a bad lot

Poor you. I’m up at 11:50pm making school lunches for the kids for tomorrow because im leaving the house early and my kids will honestly eat trash if they can’t just grab a lunch from the fridge before they go to school. I’ve been up since 5:50am (to make them breakfast and drive them to sports stuff). My husband got up at 8:00am and has gone to sleep already. What a jerk!

Old 09-12-2022, 09:31 AM   #3839
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
in the hospital it said on a sign "7 out of 10 parents in this state agree it is never okay to shake your child" so that's where i got the idea because i'm always trying to think outside the box
Love this. Wondering if you've considered thinking inside the box. Specifically the Skinner box.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:29 PM   #3840
ovary
Ownz

ok netphoria here we go im listening to mahler or se
shit hold on let me flip this bitch

Closed Thread