Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-11-2003, 01:18 AM   #1
peabody
Minion of Satan

Default yay! Jump Little Children 2 times in 2 months!!(new tour!)

yay.

I'm going to the February 14th show in Winston-Salem and the March 1st gig in Charlotte.

here's the tour....

2/13/2003 (Thursday) | Starting off 2003 with a bang! | Where: Georgia Theatre | Athens, GA
Tinkers Punishment open @ 10:30pm
Price: $8 adv/$10 DOS | Ages: 18+ | Time: 10:30:00 PMtickets

2/14/2003 (Friday) | Love is in the air! | Where: Ziggy's | Winston-Salem, NC
Tinkers Punishment open!
Price: $8 adv/$10 DOS | Time: 9:30:00 PM

2/15/2003 (Saturday) | Where: The Orange Peel | Asheville, NC
Tinkers Punishment open!
Price: $10 adv/$12 DOS | Ages: ALL | Time: 9:00:00 PM

2/20/2003 (Thursday) | Where: Cats Cradle | Chapel HIll, NC
Tinkers Punishment Open!

Price: $10 | Ages: All ages | Time: 9:15:00 PM

2/21/2003 (Friday) | Back in Nashville! | Where: Exit/In | Nashville, TN
Tinkers Punshment Open!
Price: $9 adv/ $12 DOS | Ages: 18+ | Time: 9:30:00 PM

2/22/2003 (Saturday) | Where: Blue Cats | Knoxville, TN
Tinkers Punishment Open!
Price: $8 adv/$10 DOS | Ages: 18+ | Time: 10:00:00 PM

2/27/2003 (Thursday) | Where: Senate park | Columbia, SC
Tinkers Punishment Open!
Price: $10 adv/$12 DOS | Ages: All

2/28/2003 (Friday) | Where: Handlebar | Greenville, SC
Tinkers Punishment Open
Price: $10 adv/$12 DOS | Ages: ALL | Time: 9:00:00 PM

3/1/2003 (Saturday) | Early!! | Where: Tremont | Charlotte, NC
Tinkers Punishment open!
Price: $ 10 | Ages: All | Time: 8:00:00 PM

Old 01-11-2003, 03:41 AM   #2
shaniqua
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

christ, how many times do you really need to see these guys?

Old 01-11-2003, 05:00 AM   #3
tweedyburd
Ownz

I might be at the Ziggy's show.

My girlfriend recently saw them at Dockstreet in Charleston and said it was pretty bad. Matt, just like he did last year, had to ruin the whole show with some sort of forced, obvious 'poetry reading.' They really need to drop that guy and move on.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:39 PM   #4
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Re: yay! Jump Little Children 2 times in 2 months!!(new tour!)

Quote:
Originally posted by peabody
yay.

I'm going to the February 14th show in Winston-Salem and the March 1st gig in Charlotte.
you know, the cat's cradle is half as far as charlotte and is a nice place. i've been there several times.

Old 01-12-2003, 01:21 AM   #5
peabody
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by tweedyburd
I might be at the Ziggy's show.

My girlfriend recently saw them at Dockstreet in Charleston and said it was pretty bad. Matt, just like he did last year, had to ruin the whole show with some sort of forced, obvious 'poetry reading.' They really need to drop that guy and move on.
He did the poetry reading at the Charlotte show I went to in December and it was the lyrics to a rap song about Christmas and then the band came out and they played it. It was funny.

I like Matt's presence in the band, he lightens the mood of every show, and his songs are fun, meant to be taken lightly.

And, SHAUNNA. I need to see them 23.45 times, or I will die unfulfilled and lonely. I'm on my way!

And distance...

I can't go to a show in another state on a school night! Charlotte is a Saturday and Winston-Salem is a Friday. So they work out. And I've seen them there in those two cities before, so it's easy all around.

Old 01-12-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
tweedyburd
Ownz

Arrow

I don't mind the idea of a band having a member that lightens the mood, but Matt's schtick lost any edge or novelty it might've had sometime during the Vertigo tour. That's when the band went in one direction and he stayed behind, doing the same stupid shit, cracking the same, very not-funny jokes. And I don't care to hear some trite, pathetic poem about his damn girlfriend right after the band have done an amazing rendition of Angel Dust.

You might not understand since you've sort've come along in the twilight of the band's career, but for many fans, his brand of forced humor and obvious 'art' ran its course long ago.

Old 01-12-2003, 02:23 PM   #7
sawdust restaurants
Fucking Creep

Talking

This is the same argument that's in every JLC thread, and the funny thing is, only me, John and Alex actually care. <3.

Old 01-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #8
peabody
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
This is the same argument that's in every JLC thread, and the funny thing is, only me, John and Alex actually care. <3.
Are you going to the Winston-Salem show or the Carrboro show?!

Old 01-12-2003, 03:48 PM   #9
sawdust restaurants
Fucking Creep

Quote:
Are you going to the Winston-Salem show or the Carrboro show?!
No. Seeing them live once was a really bad experience. I find Matt obnoxious, and they do WAY too many of his songs live. And the fans are even worse; most of them are sixteen-year-old wannabe scenesters who think they're the shit for knowing about this "obscure local indie band" or whatever. I don't mean to stereotype, and I'm not talking about you at all, but for most of their fans it really is true. You can ignore people like that in large arena shows, but it's damn near impossible at a place like Cat's. At least at Go! or the ArtsCenter or something like that, only the indie fags come out. Which is obnoxious as well, but at least they're quiet about it. (And I'm still bitter that they didn't play Angeldust.) :erm

I actually wrote an essay for one of my music classes about the JLC show examining the fanbase. I took a bit of a sociological bent to it. I wrote it the night before, said nothing about the actual music that they played and still got an A-.

Old 01-12-2003, 04:51 PM   #10
fallontears
Pledge

Quote:

He did the poetry reading at the Charlotte show I went to in December and it was the lyrics to a rap song about Christmas and then the band came out and they played it. It was funny.
And distance...

Yeah, I was at that show. The raps were as annoying as hell and I offically hate Matt. He is a prick/retard (or so it seems to me.)

Old 01-12-2003, 04:56 PM   #11
fallontears
Pledge

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants

No. Seeing them live once was a really bad experience. I find Matt obnoxious, and they do WAY too many of his songs live. And the fans are even worse; most of them are sixteen-year-old wannabe scenesters who think they're the shit for knowing about this "obscure local indie band" or whatever. I don't mean to stereotype, and I'm not talking about you at all, but for most of their fans it really is true. You can ignore people like that in large arena shows, but it's damn near impossible at a place like Cat's.
I
So very true. I used to be a big fan of theirs back in the day, but their fans annoy me to death now. When I was at their show a while back, I was like "what's up with these teeny-bopper emo chicks and shit." I was very disturbed. Most of those kids didn't look like they would have been out of diapers when the licorice tea demos were released. I know I sound like and old man nagging (which I feel like it), but the show upset me in Charloette.