Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #31
null123
Minion of Satan

I feel so bad for Ram27

Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #32
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
There are conspiracy theories that they had to fix shit on oceania from when it was mixed with KB.

i wouldn't be surprise

Old 09-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #33
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I think it is still sad KB had to be kicked. He could have been asked to do just the reissues.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #34
slunken
Virgo

Do you have any insight as to what went down between them?

BC made a comment in a recent interview where I think he referred to KB as (im paraphrasing) "this hippy guy i used to live with"

Old 09-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #35
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

People won't spill that story to me. I've asked many times, they said he fucked something up bad but they never say exactly what. There has been some hinting towards how there were two germany shows booked by accident or whatever. I still don't understand why bill would fire his bff over that. I mean he did other stuff well. He could have been watching the reissue stuff or just tweeting and fbing. Kerry knew the band well and understood the fans.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #36
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
BC made a comment in a recent interview where I think he referred to KB as (im paraphrasing) "this hippy guy i used to live with"
That was actually in reference to Bob (Billy’s old, hippie roommate). Billy talked about him in his confessions and I think he’s on the Viewphoria dvd, but my memory is fuzzy on that one.

Quote:
There has been some hinting towards how there were two germany shows booked by accident or whatever. I still don't understand why bill would fire his bff over that.
I always thought it was weird and senseless that there were so many Germany dates on that tour. Still, a few fuckups shouldn’t be reason to completely end a long and close friendship.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #37
adamdanger!
Pledge

Ust E
Quote:
i wouldn't be surprise
I was horribly against KB's mix of Starla when it came out. But now listening to it over a year later, it's pretty good. Just different. I can respect him, and meeting him on the 2011 tour and talking about the reissues, the dude seemed genuinely excited to be working on it. It's a shame he's gone for now.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #38
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
That was actually in reference to Bob (Billy’s old, hippie roommate). Billy talked about him in his confessions and I think he’s on the Viewphoria dvd, but my memory is fuzzy on that one.
i thought of that but ended up taking a shot. i swear i remember KB posting about "tuneage" however

Old 09-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #39
The Melty Man
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Oceania was done in early September 2011. The plan was to essentially do what was done for the first part of Teargarden. Billy would post it online, and then a finite amount of copies would be made to buy. Then, apparently, so many told Billy it was such a great album that he felt it would do Oceania some sort of injustice to not get a major release. Then, not quite a year later, we had the ABSOLUTELY GROUNDBREAKING move of releasing the album on CD, vinyl, and to download through a distribution deal with a record label.
Oceania sounded >>> better than anything that came out of the Teargarden releases, it was hard to believe they were the same project.

Incidentally, I'm still waiting for the remaining 19 tracks of Teargarden

Old 09-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #40
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i thought of that but ended up taking a shot. i swear i remember KB posting about "tuneage" however
Sounds like a word he would use and KB does come off as being a bit hippie-like at times. But it was the “Teutonic hippie” part that gave it away to me since, for whatever strange reason, I remember Billy mentioning that Bob is German.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #41
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I always thought it was weird and senseless that there were so many Germany dates on that tour. Still, a few fuckups shouldn’t be reason to completely end a long and close friendship.
IKR

I have no idea what really happened and we all know bill can flip out but from what I saw on twitter KB was really upset. He posted some article on understanding difficulties with friends who have been abused one day. Felt like he was trying to make sense of losing his friend. Unless KB was stealing from him or something bad like that. I don't see the point in cutting him out if he made mistakes or whatever. But no one will give me a straight answer as to what he did.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #42
Ram27
dumb

KB is the leaker

Old 09-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #43
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
IKR

I have no idea what really happened and we all know bill can flip out but from what I saw on twitter KB was really upset. He posted some article on understanding difficulties with friends who have been abused one day. Felt like he was trying to make sense of losing his friend. Unless KB was stealing from him or something bad like that. I don't see the point in cutting him out if he made mistakes or whatever. But no one will give me a straight answer as to what he did.
I suppose it’s not completely out of character, he is certainly not the most reasonable person and he carries a lot of grudges. He has done this before to a lot of people. There might not really be any one or good reason for it, it only has to make sense to him and there’s no point in trying to reason with whatever goes up in that head of his, because when Billy changes his mind about someone there’s nothing really that will change it back.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:36 AM   #44
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I suppose it’s not completely out of character, he is certainly not the most reasonable person and he carries a lot of grudges. He has done this before to a lot of people. There might not really be any one or good reason for it, it only has to make sense to him and there’s no point in trying to reason with whatever goes up in that head of his, because when Billy changes his mind about someone there’s nothing really that will change it back.
Except fame and money

Old 09-13-2014, 02:45 AM   #45
Order 66
Socialphobic

i think circa 2011 billy was him at his most apeshit. which is around when him and kerry "broke up"...

i thought a lot of it had to do with the poor handling of teargarden .. kb seemed pretty committed to the project and billy, well, wasn't

Old 09-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #46
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
There are conspiracy theories that they had to fix shit on oceania from when it was mixed with KB.
Oceania Truthers

Old 09-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #47
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
i think circa 2011 billy was him at his most apeshit. which is around when him and kerry "broke up"...

i thought a lot of it had to do with the poor handling of teargarden .. kb seemed pretty committed to the project and billy, well, wasn't
http://sloucher.org/2011/04/20/interview-kerry-brown/

What’s the plans for 2011 for Starry and Startone Records?

On StarTone Records, Billy and I hope to put out some new recordings of the Electric Prunes and The Strawberry Alarm Clock.

TBH, I'm glad Billy moved back to Chicago

Old 09-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #48
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 View Post
>>>

Old 09-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #49
pumpkinfan1988
Pledge

So no single release? Not to be a dick but if you're confident in your new work you at least release a single to get broadcasting on the radio frequencies (yes they still exist), especially if you want to get word out that you have a new album thats banging. Its a must in this day and age where quality music is so limited IMO. Otherwise you have to question whether you're trying to reach new fans or just pleasing past fans.

Last edited by pumpkinfan1988 : 09-14-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #50
Ram27
dumb

So there's not gonna be a single in October?

damn

Old 09-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #51
sneakyflutes
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfan1988 View Post
So no single release? Not to be a dick but if you're confident in your new work you at least release a single to get broadcasting on the radio frequencies (yes they still exist), especially if you want to get word out that you have a new album thats banging. Its a must in this day and age where quality music is so limited IMO. Otherwise you have to question whether you're trying to reach new fans or just pleasing past fans.
Not saying it won't suck but Kid A had no singles and no one gives a fuck about the radio or music videos in 2014.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:19 AM   #52
sneakyflutes
Pledge

Also, when did he say no single? The fact that they are recording b-sides kind of indicates the exact opposite.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:45 AM   #53
T&T
Socialphobic

they're not recording B-sides, they're recording 'exclusive tracks' for 'exclusive releases' - zeitgeist style. Best buy gets bonus track A, Walmart gets bonus track B, Itunes gets bonus track C....

Maybe billy is hoping for a U2/Apple type album launch. It'll be revolutionary!

Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #54
Ram27
dumb

I wonder if the bonus tracks will have T LEE

Old 09-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #55
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyflutes View Post
Not saying it won't suck but Kid A had no singles and no one gives a fuck about the radio or music videos in 2014.
there were loads of promo singles for radio stations though and that thing was advertised the shit out of

Old 09-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #56
sneakyflutes
Pledge

Eh, I couldn't give a fuck if there are singles if it's a solid album. Some of my least favorite Pumpkins album tracks are singles. If anything I'd probably be more excited if he stopped trying to write a hit single. It's been his biggest problem since Zwan.

Last edited by sneakyflutes : 09-15-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #57
sneakyflutes
Pledge

Once again though, did I miss where Billy said they wouldn't release a single?

Old 09-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #58
James
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyflutes View Post
Once again though, did I miss where Billy said they wouldn't release a single?
No you didn't...just people overreacting.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #59
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

hey james if that is in fact your real name can you tell me a bit more about yourself like for example what is your name?

Old 09-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #60
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Why do people even give a fuck if corgan fails or not to sell records or put out singles? Liking the album is really only shit you should give a fuck about. What does it matter if corgan markets this shit wrong or right?