Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
depress-o-matic
Amish Rake Fighter

Default selling my SP cdrs and silver boots

I recently converted my music collection to mp3 and flac, so I've been getting rid of cds and cdrs I no longer need (I'm moving out of state in a couple months). And I have about a two dozen Smashing Pumpkins cdrs of live shows and rare tracks. They are lossless for the most part, collected from cdr trading in the late 90s and early 00s. I'd like to give them to somebody here for, say, $36 total shipped (US). That's $1.50 each, so seems fair. Some great stuff included such as Machina II (Q101 cd sourced), MCIS demos (w/Depresso, Methusela, Feelium, etc), 3 discs of The Marked stuff, and tons of live Pumpkins shows, demos, and rare tracks.. again, mostly lossless (not from mp3s).

I also have these pressed silver bootlegs (not cdr copies)... I'd like to get $10 each for these (or best offer).
Tribute to BOC (Feb 9, 1991 Cambridge, MA) [there's a skip after "Tristessa", otherwise in good condition]
Earphoria (pirated/bootleg version, not the official release) [excellent condition]
Smashing The Puppets (Del Mar '93 & acoustic xmas show LA '93) [excellent condition]
Mayonaise Dream (various acoustic & electric '92-'93) [some skipping in the electric songs, but the acoustic songs all play great]

just PM me if you're interested in any of this stuff. thanks.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I think you should give them away, and only ask enough to cover shipping costs. They're only cd-rs, and you don't want them anymore. Making any profit would be wrong, in my opinion. (Even if you consider the price of an empty cd-r, I don't think you would get to $36 if you add up 24 empty cd-rs and shipping.)

Also, do you know which cd-rs aren't lossless? Consider throwing these away anyway.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
depress-o-matic
Amish Rake Fighter

Come on, $1.50 each, shipped!.. definitely not reaping in profit here.. pretty much just trying to find them a good home so I don't end up throwing them away. If you think I'm asking too much, pm me an offer.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Brute Squad
oh for fuck's sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by depress-o-matic View Post
Come on, $1.50 each, shipped!.. definitely not reaping in profit here.. pretty much just trying to find them a good home so I don't end up throwing them away. If you think I'm asking too much, pm me an offer.
When was the last time you bought blank cd-rs? It's not the late 90s anymore, when they did cost $1.50 each.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
Sebastian
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong View Post
When was the last time you bought blank cd-rs? It's not the late 90s anymore, when they did cost $1.50 each.
lol. Does anyone remember the times they cost over $30 each? The only brand was Taiyo Yuden and 80% of their discs turned out as coasters. Ah, those were the days!

Old 01-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Brute Squad
oh for fuck's sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
lol. Does anyone remember the times they cost over $30 each? The only brand was Taiyo Yuden and 80% of their discs turned out as coasters. Ah, those were the days!
They were $3-5 each when I bought my first CD burner. The burner itself was almost $400. The operating systems at the time were supposedly capable of multi-tasking, but not when it came to burning a CD!

I couldn't believe it when I built a new computer in July and could buy a great Samsung burner for just $23.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
That's why I'm not buying any blank Blu Rays yet. Hell, the good dual-layer DVD-R's aren't even cheap enough yet.