Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2023, 11:35 AM   #211
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I like planets you’re a little untethered at this point. Calling that statement “racist” is idiotic. You keep falling back on tired old defenses of the Jewish “cause” or whatever while missing the bigger picture of what’s happening. Women and children are being needlessly slaughtered by the thousands.

Old 12-09-2023, 11:48 AM   #212
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Like have you ever taken a world history class or anything? Nothing will ever change the absolute horror of the Holocaust, but dozens of cultures worldwide have suffered and bled and died for homelands that have risen and fallen over the centuries. Jews are not better or worse than other humans. The Israeli state killing all these women and kids, EVEN in the face of Hamas’ horrible terrorist attack that killed 1200 is UNCONSCIONABLE. Seeing you and my one and only do mental gymnastics to justify it is gross.

Old 12-09-2023, 11:52 AM   #213
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Yes I’m aware that many racist Arabs would be happy for Jews to all die, but quit acting like the world is against Israel. People just want all the slaughtering of innocents to stop, and then for Israel to end the Apartheid state that led to the Hamas attack in the first place.

Old 12-09-2023, 12:12 PM   #214
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I can see you:

"Calling that statement “racist” is idiotic. You keep falling back on tired old defenses of the Jewish “cause” or whatever

Like have you ever taken a world history class or anything? Nothing will ever change the absolute horror of the Holocaust, but dozens of cultures worldwide have suffered and bled and died for homelands that have risen and fallen over the centuries.

Yes I’m aware that many racist Arabs would be happy for Jews to all die, but"

Old 12-09-2023, 12:13 PM   #215
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm not saying Jewish suffering is worse than any group suffering, but you consistently make it seem like less

Old 12-09-2023, 12:22 PM   #216
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm going to reiterate that I also want all the slaughtering of all innocents everywhere to stop, forever. And I equally realize the absolute necessity of Israel to make that a reality.

Old 12-09-2023, 12:26 PM   #217
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I'm going to reiterate that I also want all the slaughtering of all innocents everywhere to stop, forever. And I equally realize the absolute necessity of Israel to make that a reality.
Honestly this is where Im at so were on same page there.

Not sure what the I see you comment means above, you were just quoting my posts.

I would be honestly curious for you to point out a statement Ive made in this thread that positions a Jewish person as less than equal.

Old 12-09-2023, 12:31 PM   #218
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Those quotes were things you said that are extremely dismissive, and hard to tolerate

They do make the tragedies in Jewish history feel like less. I never said you attack the equality of Jewish individuals, but there's a noticeable air of minimization when it comes to the Jewish people almost being completely eradicated, multiple times.

Old 12-09-2023, 12:34 PM   #219
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm sure at the core, we are all wanting something very similar that seems unattainable as long as there is targeted mass murder, on every side

Except for johns ego, he is clearly chasing chaos

Old 12-09-2023, 01:22 PM   #220
john's ego
Ownz

Israel's continued existence relies on the suffering of Arabs in Palestine, so no it should not exist.

Old 12-09-2023, 01:22 PM   #221
john's ego
Ownz

Way to assume my pronouns too

Old 12-09-2023, 01:32 PM   #222
john's ego
Ownz

I brought up birthright because that whole thing kind of encapsulates the insanity of Zionist westerners, right up to the name. It implies that jews have the right to exist on land they havent touched in generations while gazans are denied the right to exist at all.

Because when you're talking about "israels right to exist" you're talking about a fascist ethnostate whose existence relies on the suffering of these people. Israel cannot exist without making these people suffer. So no, I don't believe it should exist.

Old 12-10-2023, 02:05 AM   #223
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Zionism is simply the acknowledgment that Israel has a right to exist. That's all. That's not fascism.

Old 12-10-2023, 02:09 AM   #224
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john's ego View Post

Because when you're talking about "israels right to exist" you're talking about a fascist ethnostate .

Have you any idea what Hamas, Hezbollah, and the regimes backing them are about?

Oh wait, you do.

Old 12-10-2023, 02:10 AM   #225
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Way to assume my pronouns too
you have an avatar with the masculine name John in it, you Chud POS

Old 12-10-2023, 02:16 AM   #226
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Exactly. Are you trying to prove something about me with that? I'm happy to honor whatever pronoun you prefer, and it won't change my opinion about you at all.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:43 AM   #227
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Zionism is simply the acknowledgment that Israel has a right to exist. That's all. That's not fascism.
It’s a little more subtle than that and I think you know it. One can support the idea of Jews self-determining, living in safety and prosperity in their own state or otherwise, BUT have fundamental issues with the specific bumbling way Israel was built up from the 1917 Balfour declaration, to the bloody wars of the 1940s, and the way the country has conducted itself ever since (Apartheid state against Palestinians). The idea of a safe home for Jews isn’t bad, but Israel *as they have conducted themselves* is highly flawed (just like any other number of countries—for instance, I don’t have some deep feeling that America, or my State of Texas, has a fundamental right to exist; we were just a power grab from Native Americans and other European settler nations).

You are correct that Zionism doesn’t equal facism, but also anti-Zionism doesn’t equal antisemitism

Old 12-10-2023, 08:51 AM   #228
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Furthermore, much of Zionism is rooted in Old Testament shit about “the promised land” and “gods chosen people” and all that, and no religious dogma should be considered when founding a state on top of other people (just like Americas “manifest destiny” was made up bullshit).

Not so fun fact: some evangelicals think Israel is biblical prophecy for end times. Israel is formed, Jesus comes to kill all the Jews (and any other non Christians) and then rule for a thousand years of peace before they all go to heaven. (Evangelicals are morons)

Islamic terrorists who praise Allah after attacks, also moronic (though much terrorism gets blamed on Islamic ideas and “they hate our freedom” claptrap which is reductionism)

Last edited by TuralyonW3 : 12-10-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:57 AM   #229
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Fwiw I do think it’s moronic this univeristy president said calls for genocide against Jews were “context-dependent” over whether they violated student policy (extremist Palestinian support groups on campus). It’s very easy to protest Israel’s state actions without calling for genocide of Jews.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/rcna128712

Old 12-11-2023, 08:11 PM   #230
ovary
Ownz

pbs just said israel is using an AI target identification platform called "the gospel"

Old 12-11-2023, 10:12 PM   #231
ovary
Ownz

can anyone who knows anything about israel's political system explain why/how bibi is still in power when he is so widely despised and obviously responsible for this?

Old 12-12-2023, 02:46 PM   #232
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Good question. Didn't he basically sell himself as Mr. Security, the only one who could truly keep Israeli citizens safe?

Old 12-12-2023, 04:14 PM   #233
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
However Hamas's existence is almost entirely driven by blowback from Israel's actions.
There is a lot of wiggle room in "almost entirely" there.

Also I assume you are unaware of the combative actions of Palestine's Arabs, somewhat specifically the Palestinian civil war in 1947, which resulted in what you're probably referring to as "actions by Israel," like defending themselves against Palestine, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, and Syria.

But to take things further, Palestinian Arabs' aggression against Palestinian Jews was already occurring prior to the existence of Israel - before the Israeli Declaration of Independence was even signed in 1948.

So Hamas is basically a Palestinian cancer that has always been there, which is due to the tension between Jews and Arabs that predates Israel's existence.

Old 12-12-2023, 04:16 PM   #234
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Also you can't blame Israel for Farfour the mouse.

Old 12-27-2023, 06:50 PM   #235
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
so what happens if israel does a genocide rn
so the answer is just "pay for it" i guess? for us in the US anyway. how upsetting. also i feel like i can't even fuckin' talk about it anywhere let alone do anything about it. blagh.

Old 12-28-2023, 07:00 PM   #236
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
can anyone who knows anything about israel's political system explain why/how bibi is still in power when he is so widely despised and obviously responsible for this?
The Knesset has 120 seats. Bibi is in charge because his party had the most votes in the last election. Likud holds 32 seats, which means Bibi gets to assemble and lead a coalition government.

If an election were held today, based on polling i saw last week, Likud would only win 15 or 17 seats. The National Unity Party and Yesh Atid (both moderate Liberal Parties) would probably lead a new election, and combined would likely have enough votes to form a government without any of the right wingers currently on Bibi's cabinet.

Likud's control of the government is partly because of the collapse of the centrist Labor party, which was the largest in Parliament until after the assassination of of Yitzhak Rabin.

Part of Netanyahu's schtick is to maintain constant tensions with groups like Hezbolah and Hamas, so he can justify to the public his use of violence in Gaza, and use of the military to "protect" settlers in the West Bank.

Since 2022 Likud's support has dwindled. There were massive daily protests in the cities against Likuid throughout 2023, which only subsided becasue of the attacks on 10/7. Bibi can't even speak in public today without being shouted down and booed. He is HATED by most Israelis now, and especially by familes of hostages trapped in Gaza.

Old 12-28-2023, 07:02 PM   #237
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

In the past the Israeli public tended to shift to the right after big attacks by Hamas, Nezbollah, PLO, etc. After so many years of this under Likud, it isn't working anymore.

Old 12-30-2023, 01:09 PM   #238
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

This is why proportional representation also sucks. Coalition governments are pretty broken. But they're the most broken in super polarized environments because the fringe parties become necessary partners for basic things, which ends up over-valuing the fringe groups.

Old 12-30-2023, 01:10 PM   #239
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Talking

Everyone hates everyone else, and everything is broken with every system though!

Old 12-30-2023, 07:57 PM   #240
ovary
Ownz

democracy is the worst system of government except for all the other ones as they say

so if bibi is so hated rn why are they not "calling an election" or whatever the fuck it is they do to get a new government?