Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2021, 03:40 PM   #91
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
Yeah I'm not sure Billy was policing anything. I ran the Smashing Pumpkins DC++ trading hub for a number of years and never had one issue. We made sure no one was sharing anything official but it wasn't like anyone was coming in checking up on us.
Yeah tigershorty never showed up and grilled me and severin for an hour about the Into the Woods clip. Yep just making that up.

Old 06-04-2021, 03:47 PM   #92
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

here you go.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...71&postcount=8

just to let everybody know. i didn't give permission for these people to use my audio from the show. it's so nice that people think they can do whatever they want. this is part of the reason why i don't release shows anymore. don't bitch at me if you never see one of my recordings released ever again. it's your own damn fault.

Last edited by Rider : 06-04-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Old 06-05-2021, 04:14 PM   #93
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

here you go.

just to let everybody know. i didn't give permission for these people to use my audio from the show. it's so nice that people think they can do whatever they want. this is part of the reason why i don't release shows anymore. don't bitch at me if you never see one of my recordings released ever again. it's your own damn fault.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:19 PM   #94
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
here you go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Netphoria is one of the most embarrassing sites I've ever visited. A bunch of 35 to 45-year-old trolls trying to out-extreme each other with the cliche shock humor of internet boards.None of those people represent their actual personalities there. It's just unfunny creeps in real life who get off on pretending to be aggressive, detached, and above-it-all in an anonymous setting."

u/halfmast

Last edited by run2pee : 06-06-2021 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Reason for Editing: Reason: for Editing: for Reason Editing: Reason for Editing for Reason For: Editing Reason

Old 06-05-2021, 10:45 PM   #95
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

ere you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSyWtESoeOc

Old 06-07-2021, 10:25 PM   #96
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Later, she had some event in the UK were a few fans showed up, and bombarded her with questions she couldn't answer: mainly whether James or D'arcy were in the band.
That was a WEIRD WEIRD time in the band's history.

WE'RE COMING BACK

THERE'S A NEW ALBUM

BUT WE AIN'T GONNA TELL YOU WHO'S IN THE BAND

THE NEW ALBUM COMES IN 5 COLORS - BUY THEM ALL

OUR FIRST SHOW IS IN PARIS

(NOT CHICAGO)

Just so strange that I recall checking around online that day to confirm that, no, James nor D'Arcy were back in the band.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #97
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 06-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #98
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Did billyboy rellay say these things about netphoria? Hhha.... At least a 150 people are still interested in his shitty music. And without the fans or us he wouldnt own a tea shop, a modular synth, a 3 mio dollar mansion and a wrestling company. ....

Funny dude this b'arcyboy

Old 06-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #99
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Did billyboy rellay say these things about netphoria? Hhha.... At least a 150 people are still interested in his shitty music. And without the fans or us he wouldnt own a tea shop, a modular synth, a 3 mio dollar mansion and a wrestling company. ....

Funny dude this b'arcyboy
Arguably the only reason the Pumpkins are still going is because he bought the wrestling company.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #100
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

so buying a wrestling company when your midlife artistic endeavours hit the shits is not a great idea?

Old 06-23-2021, 10:09 AM   #101
Machinist
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post

Yup. She was the "moderator" of sorts on the Smashing Pumpkins' MySpace, which was were Billy and Jimmy would occasionally dole out little bits about recording Zeitgeist. She started this whole "movement" to have SP celebration events in every major city. There ended up being one in Chicago were six or seven people showed up. Later, she had some event in the UK were a few fans showed up, and bombarded her with questions she couldn't answer: mainly whether James or D'arcy were in the band.
I was at that meeting. It was about 8 of us, and I'd been chatting to her for a while. She was nice but very LA. Lots of chat about asking the universe for things and other such self-involved American self-centred stuff I find difficult to swallow.

I thought about her the other day. She used to roommates with one of Manson's former assistants who recently came out to say how badly she had been abused. Given her proximity to Billy, it seems fairly likely he was aware of this kind of behaviour.

Anyway, yeah. I hope she is doing ok these days. Her heart was in the right place and it was a genuine attempt to connect with fans.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #102
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
Arguably the only reason the Pumpkins are still going is because he bought the wrestling company.
Didn’t he admit in his texts to Darcy that he was in a bad financial situation because of the wrestling expenses? Must have been a decent haul from the shiny tour.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:04 AM   #103
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Pope View Post
Didn’t he admit in his texts to Darcy that he was in a bad financial situation because of the wrestling expenses? Must have been a decent haul from the shiny tour.
Yep, "in a hole". I wonder just how much money he put into it, how much he lost, and how much it is making for him now.

As for the Shiny tour, those kinds of shows are EXPENSIVE. Many bands only break even with shows like that, unless you're looking at U2-size crowds, which I don't think SP got on that tour.

I can't see them doing a tour of that size again; the last one was on the back of the "reunion" but now that's happened the appeal for it is less.

Old 06-24-2021, 09:03 AM   #104
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 06-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #105
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yep, "in a hole". I wonder just how much money he put into it, how much he lost, and how much it is making for him now.

As for the Shiny tour, those kinds of shows are EXPENSIVE. Many bands only break even with shows like that, unless you're looking at U2-size crowds, which I don't think SP got on that tour.

I can't see them doing a tour of that size again; the last one was on the back of the "reunion" but now that's happened the appeal for it is less.
They probably got a big up-front advance from Live Nation, which is why I imagine Billy went from "we'll never do the big reunion/arena/play the old songs show" to "it's a celebration!".

Old 06-25-2021, 01:08 AM   #106
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post

Counter-notification necessary:

Old 06-25-2021, 01:17 AM   #107
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Yelena Yemchuk doesn't mention Corgan and the Pumpkins on her website nowadays:

https://yelenayemchuk.com

Old 06-25-2021, 04:14 AM   #108
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post

NDA'd up the caboose.

Old 06-25-2021, 05:03 AM   #109
DiscoJon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post

There doesn't look like any work from more than a few years ago on her site.

When was the last time you mentioned an ex from 20 year ago?

Old 06-25-2021, 05:04 AM   #110
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I don't think he was being completely honest with D'arcy there. Or was being honest in a rich guy down to his last 20 million way.

Old 06-25-2021, 10:33 AM   #111
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

The photo leak from 2007 was funny because with most other bands if the album art leaks what would happen? People get excited or indifferent, but it shouldn't be a huge deal.

The Zietgiest photos leak and they have Paris Hilton in the art just to ruffle feathers, not a great start.Then the rest was just stolen American Idiot iconography, copy of a copy. Plus everyone was still holding out that D'arcy and James would be back and when it was clear they wouldn't be back people got upset.

Old 06-25-2021, 11:31 AM   #112
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoJon View Post
There doesn't look like any work from more than a few years ago on her site.

When was the last time you mentioned an ex from 20 year ago?
Not her relationship with Corgan, but her work with the band could have been mentioned in her biography on her website:

About Yelena Yemchuk
Yelena Yemchuk's output as a visual artist is immediately recognizable, regardless of medium.

Born in Kyiv, Ukraine, Yelena Yemchuk immigrated to the United States with her parents when she was eleven.
She became interested in photography when her father gave her a 35 mm Minolta camera for her fourteenth
birthday, and went on to study at Parsons in New York and the Art Center in Pasadena.
Recognized for her surrealistic whimsy and dark romanticism, Yemchuk has exhibited paintings and photographs in museums and galleries worldwide. She has shot for the New Yorker, Another Magazine, ID, Dazed & Confused, and Italian, British and Japanese Vogue.

Yemchuk released her first book Gidropark, published by Damiani in April 2011, followed by Anna, published by United Vagabonds in 2017. In 2019, Yemchuk had her first institutional debut with her project Mabel, Betty, & Bette, a photography and video work at the Dallas Contemporary Museum. A monograph of the same title will be released by Kominek Books in February 2021. She is currently working on a new collection of photos, ODESSA.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:53 PM   #113
krackhead
Apocalyptic Poster

The answer to this question would be RATBASTARDQUINTO.

Lets have a great year.

Thank you.

Old 06-25-2021, 11:26 PM   #114
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

god damn that tape baking FIEND

Old 06-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #115
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Just going to point out that this is exactly what the SAOSB tour was but everyone chose to focus on the guy from Sugar Ray and the Stairway cover instead.

The only thing really missing was D'Arcy, and it really seems like either she didn't want to come back, isn't in a state to come back, or her and Billy couldn't agree on terms.
15 years too late. If James had been there in 2007, things would be different. Up until the first show in Paris or whatever, people were still expecting James to walk out on stage.

Things just deteriorated from there. Billy made a promise to deliver in 2005 with that full page ad. Then we learned he never even talked to James.

He was blatantly antagonistic toward fans during the 2009 shows, saying things like "take my dick out of your mouth" or something to that effect. Yikes.

Being an Alex Jones sympathizer or at the very least an apologist further drove people away.

But throughout it all, the music has just been bad, and the truth is that we'd have overlooked these things if he'd made something approaching Machina level in the last 15 years

I think the low point for this board was people making fun of Billy's brother in typical internet edgelord 4chan fashion, which Billy definitely saw and commented on.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:59 AM   #116
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
15 years too late. If James had been there in 2007, things would be different. Up until the first show in Paris or whatever, people were still expecting James to walk out on stage.

Things just deteriorated from there. Billy made a promise to deliver in 2005 with that full page ad. Then we learned he never even talked to James.

He was blatantly antagonistic toward fans during the 2009 shows, saying things like "take my dick out of your mouth" or something to that effect. Yikes.

Being an Alex Jones sympathizer or at the very least an apologist further drove people away.

But throughout it all, the music has just been bad, and the truth is that we'd have overlooked these things if he'd made something approaching Machina level in the last 15 years

I think the low point for this board was people making fun of Billy's brother in typical internet edgelord 4chan fashion, which Billy definitely saw and commented on.
This. None of those other bands actively tried to piss away the little good will they had left before reuniting. The James return/SAOSB tour, while cool, lost its impact when, just eleven years before, we'd witnessed a weird "kind of" reunion with half of the band and an album that really didn't represent any aspects of the band that people liked: it was not heavy enough to be Pumpkins full assault, nor did it have any of the dreaminess present in all their old music.

Reviving the Smashing Pumpkins in 2005 was Billy's last straw at grasping for relevancy after Zwan collapsing, and what I'm guessing his belief there would not be heavy general interest in his first solo record. Those failures seem so quaint now, given the absolute depths Billy has plundered since. That being said, for the 2007 "comeback" to have worked, you needed either (preferably both): (a) James back in the band (I do think most people would have understood that D'arcy coming back at that time was not going to happen, but at least with James it would have felt like picking up where it left off) or (b) some of the best music of his career. He delivered neither, and then went through that whole strange process of not acknowledging who was or was not in the band.

Probably wouldn't have made a huge difference, but if he'd been upfront about who was in the band, it would have caused media/journalists to focus more on the fact that the 2007/2008 shows were actually consistently good.

Old 07-02-2021, 09:42 PM   #117
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

I asked him once, there is a thread here about it. He seemed 75% serious, 25% like he was fucking with us when he said he Fucking hates all of us.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #118
majesty
Pledge

Her husband played a manic narcissist egomaniac crybaby musician in Girls. Wonder what kind of research he did for that, tis a mystery

Old 07-13-2021, 07:00 AM   #119
DiscoJon
Apocalyptic Poster

Imagine not liking a forum full of fucking arrested developmental idiots that post shit like this:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188587

Old 07-13-2021, 09:56 AM   #120
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoJon View Post
Imagine not liking a forum full of fucking arrested developmental idiots that post shit like this:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188587