Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2022, 10:48 PM   #1
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: soy peor
Posts: 37,010
Default Time to not move on?


 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:39 AM   #2
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)
Posts: 5,940
Default

just came here for another FIX baby

i'm addicted

 
Joey Goldberg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:53 AM   #3
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 2,000
Default

I know I made a thread about it years ago but for a forum that prides itself on only considering the core 4 to be the troo SP, it's weird for the forum pic to not have Jimmy in it.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 02:02 AM   #4
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: soy peor
Posts: 37,010
Default

Someday we'll wave goodbye
and wished we'd never waved hello




 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:05 PM   #5
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)
Posts: 5,940
Default

god damn remember when bulbsy could write a song like that?

yeah, me neither

i became a fan in 2007

but I was there for the historical release & display creation of TheFutureEmbrace at a nearby FYE

 
Joey Goldberg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:39 PM   #6
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 11,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I know I made a thread about it years ago but for a forum that prides itself on only considering the core 4 to be the troo SP, it's weird for the forum pic to not have Jimmy in it.
Jimmy is the tree

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:50 PM   #7
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 5,902
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I know I made a thread about it years ago but for a forum that prides itself on only considering the core 4 to be the troo SP, it's weird for the forum pic to not have Jimmy in it.
It's a testament to how long ago our harsh creator abandoned us, ascending to a secluded mountaintop, deaf to our prayers

I do wonder if Pakula would be amenable to having a different banner, maybe the result of a lil' contest, and also I wonder if the board software would even be able to accommodate any change whatsoever at this point, and also I wonder if it wouldn't just be too jolting a change for us all and we'd hate it and we'd beg him to change it back and he wouldn't check his messages for two years and we'd all be in agony

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:02 PM   #8
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
It's a testament to how long ago our harsh creator abandoned us, ascending to a secluded mountaintop, deaf to our prayers

I do wonder if Pakula would be amenable to having a different banner, maybe the result of a lil' contest, and also I wonder if the board software would even be able to accommodate any change whatsoever at this point, and also I wonder if it wouldn't just be too jolting a change for us all and we'd hate it and we'd beg him to change it back and he wouldn't check his messages for two years and we'd all be in agony
I think a good picture of the entire classic lineup would be well received.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:17 PM   #9
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 1,144
Default

lol just lol if you haven't already set an override in Chrome so it shows as a pic of the proper line up including the main man Jack Bates

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #10
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird
 
topleybird's Avatar
 
Location: Let me see the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Posts: 5,902
Lightbulb

I was thinking, if we actually updated it, we'd keep the logo/text identical, and just swap in a new picture that's also been sepia toned so it's not a jarring change

But these are crazed flights of fancy and we mustn't dwell on them

 
topleybird is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:08 AM   #11
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: soy peor
Posts: 37,010
Smile

It's been a fascinating week on here with such a vast range of emotions being expressed. I've seen anger, disbelief, joy, excitement, humour, confusion, the list goes on. Regardless of the emotion, everyone has an opinion on the latest release from our beloved Pumpkins.

The sometimes baffling, grandiose story being told in the podcast each week has given us an amazing insight into the artist's mind. Billy knows full well that lots of people want him to return to the musical styles of his earlier albums (and I've been guilty of moaning about a lack of Jimmy C magic on recent releases). However, he is a true artist, brimming with ideas, compelled to follow his heart. I feel this is brave and inspirational.

When the inevitable wave of 'WTF is this?' posts started appearing I was impressed to see how many people were leaping to Act I's defence. So many of you have given it several listens, let it settle in as a body of work and found the beauty it reveals. Even if it still fails to move you, you've respected Billy's right to create whatever inspires him.

I remember when I first heard Mellon Collie waaaay back in 1995. There were four or five songs that made me feel 'WTF is this?'. For a while I really didn't like Cupid, Take me Down, We Only Come Out at Night, Beautiful or Lily. However, over time they revealed themselves to me. Beautiful is now one of my favourites. I wonder, if I hadn't been listening on cassette - where it's impractical to skip a track - would I ever have given these tracks the chance to grow and blossom?

They say art is great when it evokes an emotional response. Well, Act I is certainly doing that and I've been heartened to see how many of us are enjoying the journey. What a great little community. It really is an exciting time to be a fan of this band.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:45 AM   #12
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster
 
eviltimeban's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,440
Default

So you're saying Atum would be better if it was on cassette?

Would it be a triple cassette case?

 
eviltimeban is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:52 AM   #13
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster
 
NovaFritz's Avatar
 
Location: luna
Posts: 2,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

I remember when I first heard Mellon Collie waaaay back in 1995. There were four or five songs that made me feel 'WTF is this?'. For a while I really didn't like Cupid, Take me Down, We Only Come Out at Night, Beautiful or Lily. However, over time they revealed themselves to me. Beautiful is now one of my favourites. I wonder, if I hadn't been listening on cassette - where it's impractical to skip a track - would I ever have given these tracks the chance to grow and blossom?

They say art is great when it evokes an emotional response. Well, Act I is certainly doing that and I've been heartened to see how many of us are enjoying the journey. What a great little community. It really is an exciting time to be a fan of this band.
OK, Clay

 
NovaFritz is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:23 AM   #14
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster
 
eviltimeban's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,440
Default

I've always liked Beautiful. The loop is great, and the way it shifts into the band instruments halfway through it great.

Lily would've only worked in the concept of a double CD. It would never have gone on a single album. It's like Honey Pie or Piggies or something like that from the white album.

Same goes for WOCOAN.

 
eviltimeban is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:31 AM   #15
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 11,171
Default

or jimmy is the tree

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue drunk/drugs/sad sex thread teh b0lly!!1 General Chat Message Board 5705 11-14-2022 10:40 AM
can somebody explain okcupid to me Order 66 General Chat Archive 473 04-02-2019 04:55 PM
netphorian haikus Dogfighter28 General Chat Archive 93 08-04-2013 10:53 AM
9/11/01..........9/11/11 The Omega Concern General Chat Archive 70 09-30-2011 07:28 PM
how many of you still believe.. Ihaguitar Pumpkins Archive 48 04-02-2010 11:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2022