Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Default Guys was that Kenny Aranoff on the Grammys?

Drumming for Fogerty and friends?

Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Beta
Pledge

http://www.kennyaronoff.com/news/

Old 02-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Yes it was with his giant sunglasses and white vest.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Yeah. Aronoff has drummed for Fogerty for years (even before he drummed for SP). I remember when it was first announced that Kenny would be drumming on the Adore tour, Fogerty made some asinine statement to the media along the lines of "I hope they don't kill him like they did their last drummer."

Old 02-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist View Post
Fogerty made some asinine statement to the media along the lines of "I hope they don't kill him like they did their last drummer."
ahhhahahaha

i mean that's kind of tasteless. and i love jimmy of course. but still.

hahaha

Old 02-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
T&T
Socialphobic

Guys, was those Grammys even real?
'cause all that music is so shit! wtf is going on?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #7
skipgo
Minion of Satan

i kinda liked it, because they played a lot of old crap, and i prefer old crap to the new crap.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Kennys Number 1
Amish Rake Fighter

The moment i saw Kenny i shed a tear. A legend amongst drummers and a legend of all legends. Kenny was in fine form and represented Billy and Friends with pride.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
1100ww
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist View Post
Yeah. Aronoff has drummed for Fogerty for years (even before he drummed for SP). I remember when it was first announced that Kenny would be drumming on the Adore tour, Fogerty made some asinine statement to the media along the lines of "I hope they don't kill him like they did their last drummer."

http://netphoria.org/oldnews_june1998.htm

John Fogerty Delivers a Warning to Smashing Pumpkins

John Fogerty has a message for the Smashing Pumpkins: You'd better take care of him. By "him," Fogerty is referring to drummer Kenny Aronoff, who was part of Fogerty's band before he decided to jump ship and head off to join the Chicago group's tour in support of its latest album, Adore. "He really did not give me the opportunity to talk him out of it," Fogerty says of Aronoff's decision to tour with the Pumpkins. "The first I knew of it, he had already made up his mind. I was understandably shocked more than anything—shocked and disappointed. But not angry. Kenny is, number one, a dear friend and a great musician." But that hasn't stopped Fogerty from taking a few friendly shots at Aronoff during his own concerts: "He wanted to go play with another bald guy," Fogerty quipped during a recent Detroit show, referring to Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan, who, like Aronoff, sports a bald pate, though his is the result of a clean, close shave, while Aronoff's hairless condition is the result of a more natural process.

Fogerty says he's also a bit concerned about Aronoff's welfare in a band that lost its last drummer to substance abuse. "They really better take care of him," Fogerty says. "I hope they live up to whatever promises they dangled in front of him, whatever they've represented as a deal. I think I felt a lot of misgivings that that [group] isn't the most stable situation in the world. I just think Kenny had a longing to be in an alternative kind of stance. I think we would have found ourselves there if he'd only waited a little longer. But life being the way it is, I'm quite certain I'll be playing again with Kenny many times in the future. And I'll look forward to them.'' —Gary Graff

Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #10
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster

That's hilarious. They make it sound like Jimmy died

Old 02-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
Kenny Aronoff
Amish Rake Fighter

Thanks for all your support, Netphoria. Glad to know you haven't forgotten me yet. Indeed, that was me drumming for Fogerty. I tried to get him to cover Ava Adore, but he wouldn't go for it. Go fig. I think if we work together, he and I can make it a great year, though.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #12
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

since they had alicia keys perform with frank sinatra, they should have had kenny aronoff perform with jonathan melvoin

Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
dzhezus
Pledge

Mark, that's awful! Cheers!

Also, I don't know how to set this one up, but here's the punchline in advance:
"The Pumpkins killed Kenny! Those bastards!" - John Fogerty

Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #14
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_adore_adore View Post
That's hilarious. They make it sound like Jimmy died
I was wearing my new skeletal mary holding hydrogen bomb SP shirt at work the other day and this 30-ish woman who I work with says, "I saw them." "Oh, really?" I asked. "Yeah," she says. "When I was in middle school. Before the drummer killed himself." I had to explain to her that Jimmy Chamberlin is a man of steel and something as silly as heroin could never do him in.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpregen View Post
since they had alicia keys perform with frank sinatra, they should have had kenny aronoff perform with jonathan melvoin
comedy gold

Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #16
Boycott Graceland
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Aronoff View Post
Thanks for all your support, Netphoria. Glad to know you haven't forgotten me yet. Indeed, that was me drumming for Fogerty. I tried to get him to cover Ava Adore, but he wouldn't go for it. Go fig. I think if we work together, he and I can make it a great year, though.
i want to fight you, you fucking day-glo goggled ass clown

Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100ww View Post
http://netphoria.org/oldnews_june1998.htm

John Fogerty Delivers a Warning to Smashing Pumpkins

John Fogerty has a message for the Smashing Pumpkins: You'd better take care of him. By "him," Fogerty is referring to drummer Kenny Aronoff, who was part of Fogerty's band before he decided to jump ship and head off to join the Chicago group's tour in support of its latest album, Adore. "He really did not give me the opportunity to talk him out of it," Fogerty says of Aronoff's decision to tour with the Pumpkins. "The first I knew of it, he had already made up his mind. I was understandably shocked more than anything—shocked and disappointed. But not angry. Kenny is, number one, a dear friend and a great musician." But that hasn't stopped Fogerty from taking a few friendly shots at Aronoff during his own concerts: "He wanted to play for a lead singer who was more liked by and less of an asshole to his band," Fogerty quipped during a recent Detroit show, referring to Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan, who, like Aronoff, sports a bald pate, though his is the result of a clean, close shave, while Aronoff's hairless condition is the result of a more natural process.

Fogerty says he's also a bit concerned about Aronoff's welfare in a band that lost its last drummer to substance abuse. "They really better take care of him," Fogerty says. "I hope they live up to whatever promises they dangled in front of him, whatever they've represented as a deal. I think I felt a lot of misgivings that that [group] isn't the most stable situation in the world. I just think Kenny had a longing to be in an alternative kind of stance. I think we would have found ourselves there if he'd only waited a little longer. But life being the way it is, I'm quite certain I'll be playing again with Kenny many times in the future. And I'll look forward to them.'' —Gary Graff
Fogerty is a fucking douchebag. Poor Kenny.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm pretty sure it was on "Behind the Music" that his band was talking about how much of a jerk he was to work with.

Fogerty followed up CCR with "Rock n Roll Girls" and many other even less noteworthy titles.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #19
Schnobja
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski View Post
yeah seriously i didn't find any of fogerty's rant lol worthy. only pathetic and desperate.

Word. Aranoff has played with tons of other people. On a side note, I saw Fogerty about three years ago and Kenny was not playing with him.