Banned

Default Hugo Weaving to play crooked cop in drug mule film

margin

Old 03-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Catherine Wheel
Banned

This film sounds awesome

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66477

Based on a true story, the flick is set in the early '80s and is about a not-so-bright dude (Angus Sampson, who also co-directed) who is convinced to become a drug mule... just once, mind you. He's a TV repairman and is way slow on the uptake, but he agrees and ends up getting caught at customs on his way back from Bangkok.

He overhears that he doesn't have to admit to any wrong-doing and the longest the cops can hold him is 5 days. So, the best way to ensure his freedom is simply not to give the police their evidence. Yes, that means he has to hold in his poop.

But things start spiraling out of control quickly. The detectives are a bit “hands on” and are led by a scenery-chewing hardass played by the great Hugo Weaving. The rightful owner of the drugs (John Noble) kind of begins to want his product back, as you would expect. His former friends start considering assassination while he's in custody in order to save their own asses. And, worst of all, a crooked judge keeps extending the amount of time he can be held.

You'll get 5 minutes of crooked, asshole detective and then 5 minutes of charming, but scary drug lord and then back to Weaving again.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

My heart skipped a beat, I thought it was gonna say "fisting Keanu Reeves in hell" or something

Old 03-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
slunken
Virgo

Please copy and paste more news articles thanks