Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2019, 04:56 AM   #91
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I thought this was a joke. Are you being serious?
Listen sometimes if you don’t set a cat among the pigeons then all you have is a bunch of birds slowly walking in circles, pecking at nothing and leaving shit all over the ground, you know what I’m saying

Old 02-14-2019, 05:11 AM   #92
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

DK you seem to be inching closer to reprise’s pedestal position as best netphorian human. You deal with a lot. You guys can share the pedestal.
I’m sorry to hear about everything though honestly I kinda loled thinking about your mum checking her FB while you and your date are trying to watch 8 1/2 or something

Old 02-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #93
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Listen sometimes if you don’t set a cat among the pigeons then all you have is a bunch of birds slowly walking in circles, pecking at nothing and leaving shit all over the ground, you know what I’m saying
WHY DO YOU HATE MILLENNIALS

Old 02-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #94
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

DK, i'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. I agree that you might need to make a hard decision and let them sink or swim on their own. but idk if i'd be able to do that myself

my parents were always good about money, until my parents got divorced and my mom realized my dad had gambled away like 1/2 a million dollars and they sold their house right when the housing bubble burst (because divorce). my mom now has some money but you know, she did all the right stuff and shouldn't have to scrounge and be working at 69 years old. i decided to help her out and upgrade her computer, because it's slow as fuck. this is the first time ever i'm going to be spending a significant amount of money to help her because she can't afford it. it seems like some kind of milestone.

also recently i had to take care of her after an operation and be assertive for her at the hospital and stuff like that, which also seems like a milestone. i think i'm rapidly approaching where the kid starts taking care of the parent and not the other way around. although emotionally i was a parentified child, i never was financially or with advocating for the parent.

my parents were emotionally neglectful and made some mistakes but i dont think they were so actively mentally abusive like yours are. they were also abusive in ways i won't get into. so i of course ended up with my mental issues which are different but not wildly from yours. plus that whole leaving home right after turning 15 with a sexual predator didn't help. i find that all those things people typically learn and go through as a teenager i never had, and it makes it extremely difficult to navigate relationships

hope things improve for you

Old 02-14-2019, 11:39 AM   #95
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

this could have been a PM to shallowed

Old 02-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #96
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

the homie Shallowed is under some machine-gun level fire these days, god damn!

Old 02-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #97
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

it's about time Soldiers for Shallowed made a stance on the whole situation - even if i do disagree w/ his stance on fuzzy roses & his current status (or lack thereof) on the general board

Old 02-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #98
FoolofaTook

you should of used an em dash instead of that their hyfen.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #99
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

my alt-codes don't work

but more importantly

idungiveashit

Old 02-14-2019, 10:42 PM   #100
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

It's really not fair to judge an entire generation based upon the actions of the cross section that's the most in your face and begging for attention. Plenty of millenials know about struggle and sacrifice.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 PM   #101
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

"Millennials — those born between 1980 and 1996 — are not joining the (US) military; they are the military. As of 2015, about 72 percent of active duty personnel were millennials. Many millennials could have retired with 20 years in service last year."

Old 02-15-2019, 06:05 AM   #102
Cool As Ice Cream

omg i'm a millennial
i had no idea

and so is vixnix? born between '80 and '96

Old 02-15-2019, 10:45 PM   #103
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Location: Some area where the Canadian dollar is far more valuable than my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I have no idea. Right now, I'm in crippling debt and couldn't even move out if I wanted to, but if I weren't in debt, I still don't see how I'd be able to move out without pretty much abandoning my family. My mom just barely makes enough to cover rent and some groceries, so I need to cover electricity. And she wants to move to a bigger place so that we won't have to pay extra rent for that storage unit. A bigger place would have higher rent, so when we move, I'd be expected to share the rent.

I don't see how she'll ever be in a place to be financially independent, so I don't even know when when, if ever, I could move out without leaving her in financial struggle. Like, obviously I can't live with her forever, right? But if not, then when? When can I do it that wouldn't be a "bad time?"
You obviously just need to reduce your avocado on toast consumption.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #104
ilikeplanets
Braindead

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsYqtXbF...ource=ig_embed

Old 02-15-2019, 11:29 PM   #105
ilikeplanets
Braindead

There was a burger made out of that stuff at a restaurant I went to in Portland yesterday. I did not order it, I just got a turkey sandwich and coffee. My child ate a dish of whipped cream. We're living in the wrong decade.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:53 PM   #106
buzzard
Minion of Satan

They just flick a few droplets of blood onto that burger or what?

On a tangentially related note, I hate it how the more hipster burger joints always seem to do medium rare patties. That's fucked.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:58 PM   #107
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I think the restaurant had gluten free, vegan, etc options for most of the specials. That "impossible burger" was one of them. I just like to know what at least 80% of what I'm eating is, and to be able to pronounce my coffee. Bonus points if there are crayons, or else the waitstaff must be able to handle picking up the same dish of sugar and creamer packets that a particular diner throws if she isn't entertained enough. Gotta earn your tip at our table!

Old 02-16-2019, 01:58 AM   #108
run2pee
Minion of Satan

What if the tablecloth was actually just paper and you get a butt ton crayons, from all the colors in the rainbow.....

Someone open a restaurant for mellieniums and/or their toddlers where you can do just that

Scribble up some shit u dummies while u wait for your gravy dippers

Old 02-16-2019, 03:10 AM   #109
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

What's wrong with restaurants serving gluten and meat-free options?

Old 02-16-2019, 03:43 AM   #110
Elphenor
Braindead

everything is a culture war

Old 02-16-2019, 06:19 AM   #111
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
omg i'm a millennial
i had no idea

and so is vixnix? born between '80 and '96
I guess the reality that I’m currently living at my parents’ house rent free with my children, because their house is zoned for good schools, and about to start university degree #5, should have given it away.

But being a millenial I was too stupid to see it

Well.

At least I don’t vape!

Old 02-16-2019, 06:20 AM   #112
vixnix
Socialphobic

I feel like the number of netphorians currently living with one or more parents is weirdly high at the moment

Old 02-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #113
FoolofaTook

i'm only doing it in solidarity with the rest of y'all losers.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #114
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
What's wrong with restaurants serving gluten and meat-free options?
Absolutely nothing, I was just setting the scene. We were at a restaurant with many healthy and delicious options, and I ate a fucking turkey sandwich and my 1 and a half year old ate a bowl of whipped cream. It's funny!

Old 02-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #115
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I feel like the number of netphorians currently living with one or more parents is weirdly high at the moment
I feel like it's been on rotation but everyone is really open about it now. I'm starting to have a hard time with it, emotionally. Especially as my kid gets older and is starting to need real parenting, not just "keep me alive" duties. I definitely clash with them (internally) a lot more now. They say things to her that caused me some emotional problems (thankfully she isn't quite old enough to understand but she doesn't need those seeds planted) and I don't want her to be ilikeplanets 2.0. But financially I am not able to do anything about it now. I'm getting closer. Still grateful though, just ready to sack of rice even more so I can get us our own space.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #116
FoolofaTook

"So what's the point of believing in God if it doesn't improve your life or the odds of avoiding something bad?" Anna’s voice had risen one note higher, and Chris could tell these were critical, heartfelt questions.

Last edited by FoolofaTook : 02-16-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #117
FoolofaTook

"Seems like cold comfort to me.” Anna said with a touch of bitterness in her voice. “Am I supposed to feel God's metaphorical arms around me?"
"Some would say so. I look at it a little differently. I find comfort in believing that there's a larger purpose to life, in knowing I'm loved no matter what, and in believing that this life is not the end."
"I would rather feel your arms around me."
"Thanks, but at the risk of sounding arrogant, maybe God is using my arms."

Last edited by FoolofaTook : 02-16-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #118
FoolofaTook

Brokenness, suffering, and loss lay siege to the ramparts of reason that had seemed so strong. He knew now they were not a bulwark of brick and mortar, but that they were made of the butterfly wings of hope and held together by a web of rationality.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #119
FoolofaTook

You want sacrifice? Try editing 120,000 words of this shit.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #120
FoolofaTook

Talking

For a brief time, he wasn't sure how long, he was no longer a sentient being. His emotions rose beyond the hippocampal horseshoe of his midbrain and launched a coup d’état of the executive suite in his frontal lobe.