Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-31-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
Emily
Amish Rake Fighter

Default MD recording problems

Hello, I was told that you guys may know why I have trouble recording from a soundboard onto my mini disc player. I have a Sony Net MD walkman mz-n707 type R. The main cord that I use to plug into the board has two RCA's at one end and a 1/8" on the other. The recording usually works fine when this is all I'm using. When the board only has 1/4" outputs, I use those little adapter things with rca female ends and 1/4" male ends. The thing is, whenever I use the 1/4" deal, my recording sounds like absolute crap. When ever the band gets louder or sings louder, the sound gets lower and worse.It kinda whistles....it's hard to describe, but it hurts your ears to listen to it.
Does anybody know what I'm talking about or have any thoughts or suggestions as to what I can do to correct this? I'd really appreciate any help.

Old 02-02-2003, 08:06 PM   #2
mercurial
$ W▲ G

Arrow **shrug**

There are a lot of things that could be going wrong ...

One of the adaptors may be wired out of phase (or even both) ... at least that's the only reason I can think of at the moment.

Check the wiring ... if you don't know how, get a pro to look at it ... if that's not where the problem is ummm - good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It was a thunderingly beautiful experience—voluptuous, sexual, dangerous, and expensive as hell."