Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-08-2022, 03:47 AM   #31
ilikeplanets
Braindead

So is paranoid the new full-fat took now?

Old 12-08-2022, 03:47 AM   #32
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
So is paranoid the new fullfattook now?
yep

failatook RIP

Old 12-08-2022, 11:58 AM   #33
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Your reading comprehension blows. I said I heard it myself, didn’t want to reveal my source, etc. I was obviously lying for shits and giggles.
So, just to recap: You claimed to have heard an unreleased song, and then when we heard it and it didn't match your description, you claimed it was obviously a joke. Then another guy shows up claiming to have heard a bunch of unreleased songs... and you believe them. Do I have that right?

Old 12-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #34
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
So, just to recap: You claimed to have heard an unreleased song, and then when we heard it and it didn't match your description, you claimed it was obviously a joke. Then another guy shows up claiming to have heard a bunch of unreleased songs... and you believe them. Do I have that right?
It was obviously a joke. I said the guitars were replaced by synths and drum samples. I mean, c’mon.

I never said I believed the guy. Just posted what he had posted elsewhere. For everyone else to decide if it’s legit. I’ll believe it when I hear the songs.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:32 PM   #35
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
It was obviously a joke. I said the guitars were replaced by synths and drum samples. I mean, c’mon.

I never said I believed the guy. Just posted what he had posted elsewhere. For everyone else to decide if it’s legit. I’ll believe it when I hear the songs.
I don't want to sound "paranoid" but does anyone suspect some of these random reddit and upstart Netpho accounts might be one and the same?

Old 12-08-2022, 01:15 PM   #36
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Your comments on his claims have just been straightforward reporting, when you had ample opportunity to write in a way that indicated these were claims you weren't sure about, rather than things you believed were true:

Quote:
Some dude on reddit that has heard unreleased ATUM
Quote:
he saidvthe moss snippet does not do the song justice. as far as what else he's heard, he's heard everything else we have. he's been waiting for guitars and drums too and says it's coming.
Again: You don't seem to write in a way that expresses what you seem to mean. And yet you're repeatedly incredulous that we don't understand you.

Old 12-08-2022, 02:13 PM   #37
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Your comments on his claims have just been straightforward reporting, when you had ample opportunity to write in a way that indicated these were claims you weren't sure about, rather than things you believed were true:

Again: You don't seem to write in a way that expresses what you seem to mean. And yet you're repeatedly incredulous that we don't understand you.
It's easy via text and board messages to project onto someone what you think they mean.. to be fair. For example I said yes to something via text today, and the other person said "you don't seem excited" because I just typed out a simple yes instead of going on about how excited i am, or using the correct punctuation to indicate excitement.

But I'll try to be more clear when typing up shit like this, i can see that.

Old 12-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #38
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Lightbulb

There's guesswork involved in any written communication, sure. I think your texting example is a great case of how to go the extra mile to make yourself understood.

I use so many fuckin' exclamation points in my business emails to make it clear I'm happy/thankful/friendly, and I would absolutely never write that way otherwise. And then I have a dumb little Zoom meeting with them and I have to really play up the friendliness to continue that impression. (Not that I'm pretending and actually feel hostile toward them, I'm just pretty reserved in person and straightforward in my writing, and I know that could come across the wrong way to a stranger.) They're both just adaptations to make sure I'm getting my tone and meaning across. They're extra work, but they're necessary, or at least helpful.

Old 12-08-2022, 03:11 PM   #39
ilikeplanets
Braindead

[img][/img]

Old 12-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #40
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Question

This? I had to dig into the code to see it

Yeah, I forgot, I have to end every email or chat interaction with "Thanks!" even when it makes absolutely no sense. It's a bizarre convention, but if you leave it out, it's orders of magnitude worse than hanging up the phone without saying goodbye.

Old 12-08-2022, 03:37 PM   #41
LaBelle
Socialphobic

That's why audio messages have all but replaced emails.

Old 12-08-2022, 03:53 PM   #42
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
[img][/img]
lol yup.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:20 PM   #43
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Aww it didn't show up right? Damn I've only been posting here 12 years, guess you can't blame me for doing it wrong.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:44 PM   #44
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Question

It might work on some browsers? I don't know if Reddit is real touchy about people reposting their stuff (ironic) (also, I had to download it and rehost it) or if I'm the browser I'm using at the moment (DuckDuckGo) just can't parse it (parenthesis).