Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #1
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Default Harambe the gorilla beating his terrifying chest.......in hell???

Ok b/c Scott's clearly busy in an airport somewhere:

Quote:
The gorilla was shown dragging the child by his leg through the water as people screamed before he was shot dead.

But Richard Johnstone-Scott, gorilla keeper for 46 years, said on CNN’s New Day that 17-year-old Harambe might have been trying to protect the child from the screaming onlookers.

“It looked quite scary. But I understand that he was actually pulling the child away from where the people who were shouting and screaming out of concern for the little chap, he pulled him away from that area,” Johnstone-Scott said. “And then when he stopped, it seems to me that he helped the boy to his feet, which was quite amazing.”

Cincinnati Zoo officials have defended the decision to shoot the gorilla as necessary to protect the child. They said it was impossible to know if the gorilla was going to seriously harm the 4-year-old who climbed into the enclosure.

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee even weighed in on the controversy at a press conference Tuesday morning.

“It looked so beautiful and calm and there were moments where it looked pretty dangerous,” Trump said. “I don’t think they had a choice.”

Criticism of the parents for not watching their child at the zoo has been widespread, though the moments leading up to the incident are unknown.

The mother posted a Facebook status thanking God her child was safe but later deleted it.

“As a society we are quick to judge how a parent could take their eyes off of their child,” the status read in part. “Accidents happen, but I am thankful that the right people were in the right place.”

Johnstone-Scott said there could have been more to the story that he hadn’t seen, but based on the video it seemed Harambe was being protective of the child, not aggressive. But he still did not question zoo officials’ decision to kill the animal.

“From what I can see on that film, I don’t think that Harambe meant to hurt that child,” Johnstone-Scott said. “If he had intended to hurt that child it would’ve been over in seconds. It would’ve been wham, bang, and that would be the end of it.”

Interested to hear the reaction from netphoria