Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Space Girl 1979
Ownz

Default What next for Bill after the continued mediocre record sales?

Bill can't fight the downward trajectory, even if more people enjoyed OCEANIA over Zeitgeist... the record industry just ain't what it used to be.

Unlike other bands that keep on keepin on because they actually just love making music.... ol' Bill is more than likely going to take it to heart and raise a fuss about unappreciative fans, etc etc.

It seems to me he is at a point where he's gotta either accept his position in the world to enjoy moving forward... or quit.

Then again, he's become a master of misdirecting the cause of his downward trajectory on everything but the actual reality of what's going on with his music and the state of the industry.

The more I think about it the more it occurs to me he'll probably continue to delude himself as being some kind of brave struggler against the forces of evil keeping him down and will come up with more astonishing misdirections for his failures.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Kahlo

Petition to ban Space Girl 1979

Signed

Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
meangreensp
Ownz

Oceania isn't a failure. Even if it sells well, it has already showed people that Corgan still has the music chops left. People will now have more hope that he may slowly get it back together.

If Oceania was released instead of Zeitgeist, this would be totally different.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Kahlo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Girl 1979 View Post
The more I think about it the more it occurs to me he'll probably continue to delude himself as being some kind of brave struggler against the forces of evil keeping him down and will come up with more astonishing misdirections for his failures.
According to Sigmund Freud, projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else.

'Emotions or excitations which the ego tries to ward off are "split out" and then felt as being outside the ego...perceived in another person'.[4] It is a common process.[5] The related defense of 'projective identification differs from projection in that the impulse projected onto an external object does not appear as something alien and distant from the ego because the connection of the self with that projected impulse continues'.[6]
In one example of the process, a person might have thoughts of infidelity with respect to a spouse or other partner. Instead of dealing with these undesirable thoughts consciously, the subject unconsciously projects these feelings onto the other person, and begins to think that the other has thoughts of infidelity and that the other may be having an affair. In this way, the subject may obtain 'acquittal by his conscience - if he projects his own impulses to faithlessness on to the partner to whom he owes faith'.[7] In this sense, projection is related to denial, arguably the only more primitive defense mechanism than projection, which, like all defense mechanisms, provides a function whereby a person can protect the conscious mind from a feeling that is otherwise repulsive.
Projection can also be established as a means of obtaining or justifying certain actions that would normally be found atrocious or heinous. This often means projecting false accusations, information, etc., onto an individual for the sole purpose of maintaining a self-created illusion. One of the many problems with the process whereby 'something dangerous that is felt inside can be moved outside - a process of "projection"' - is that as a result 'the projector may become somewhat depleted and rendered limp in character, as he loses part of his personality'.[8]
Compartmentalization, splitting, and projection are ways that the ego continues to pretend that it is completely in control at all times, when in reality human experience is one of shifting instinctual reactivity and emotional motivation in which the "I" is not always complicit. Further, while engaged in projection, individuals can be unable to access truthful memories, intentions, and experiences, even about their own nature, as is common in deep trauma.[9]
[edit]Historical uses

Peter Gay describes projection as "the operation of expelling feelings or wishes the individual finds wholly unacceptable—too shameful, too obscene, too dangerous—by attributing them to another."[10]
The philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach based his theory of religion in large part upon the idea of projection, i.e., the idea that an anthropomorphic deity is the outward projection of man's anxieties and desires.[11]
. The "Shadow"—a term used in Jungian psychology to describe a variety of psychological projection—refers to the projected material.[12] Jungians consider that 'Political agitation in all countries is full of such projections, just as much as the backyard gossip of little groups and individuals'.[13] Marie-Louise Von Franz extended the view of projection to cover phenomena in Patterns of Creativity Mirrored in Creation Myths: "... wherever known reality stops, where we touch the unknown, there we project an archetypal image".[14]
Psychological projection is one of the medical explanations of bewitchment that attempts to diagnose the behavior of the afflicted children at Salem in 1692. The historian John Demos asserts that the symptoms of bewitchment experienced by the afflicted girls in Salem during the witchcraft crisis were because the girls were undergoing psychological projection.[15] Demos argues the girls had convulsive fits caused by repressed aggression and were able to project this aggression without blame because of the speculation of witchcraft and bewitchment.
[edit]Counter-projection

When addressing psychological trauma, the defense mechanism is sometimes counter-projection, including an obsession to continue and remain in a recurring trauma-causing situation and the compulsive obsession with the perceived perpetrator of the trauma or its projection.
Jung writes that "All projections provoke counter-projection when the object is unconscious of the quality projected upon it by the subject."[16]
[edit]Psychopathology

In psychopathology, projection is an especially commonly used defense mechanism in people with certain personality disorders: 'Patients with paranoid personalities, for example, use projection as a primary defense because it allows them to disavow unpleasant feelings and attribute them to others'.[17]
According to Kernberg, all 'the primitive defenses, such as splitting, [projection] and projective identification, are commonly connected with primitively organized personalities, such as ':[18]
Borderline personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder
Antisocial personality disorder
Psychopathy
[edit]Projective techniques

Drawing on the theory that 'the individual "projects" something of himself or herself into everything he or she does, in line with Gordon Allport's concept of expressive behaviour',[19] projective techniques have been devised to aid personality assessment. 'The two best-known projective techniques are the Rorschach ink-blots and the Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)'.[20]
[edit]

Old 06-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
mugsdil
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreensp View Post
Oceania isn't a failure. Even if it sells well, it has already showed people that Corgan still has the music chops left. People will now have more hope that he may slowly get it back together.

If Oceania was released instead of Zeitgeist, this would be totally different.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

He's not going to stop making music.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

why are record sales so important to space girl

Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
meangreensp
Ownz

Exactly. Who cares about sales? I'd rather integrity.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

the answer is wrestling

Old 06-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Yeah seriously SG1979 We all think billy is an ass too, but all these threads fixated on his financial failure... it's almost like you're bitter at him for some reason (though who knows what exactly that might be)

Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
slunken
Virgo

it's never to late to get "Fruit(y)" back together

Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
why are record sales so important to space girl
because she's in a band that plays TWO SHOWS THIS WEEK

Old 06-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Trotskilicious
Banned

HOLY SHIT

BLOWIN UP YO

Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
slunken
Virgo

Fruit or Fruity was the band that Marilyn Manson and Billy said they had started in 1998

Old 06-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
slunken
Virgo

I WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN

Old 06-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Billy broke spacegirls heart. Every one of her "I hate billy" threads reads like a plea for help.

ReprisE to thread! person in need of therapy!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #19
Kahlo

Space Girl. Counting down the days until her and BC can make a suicide pact.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

did someone mention the wrestling reality show. the only new music we may get is a remixed version of Bullet, you know, to PUMP the crowd UP

Old 06-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #21
slunken
Virgo

crestfallen.com

Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #22
Rumpkin
Pledge

billy has two passions in life. making music and wrestling. he will not give up either one. he might even create a form of musical wrestling.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
Space Girl 1979
Ownz

http://i.imgur.com/yF3p3.png

Old 06-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
Trotskilicious
Banned

was there more to that or are we supposed to guess

Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #25
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Billy broke spacegirls heart. Every one of her "I hate billy" threads reads like a plea for help.

ReprisE to thread! person in need of therapy!
...nah

Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
Bolly Crogan
Amish Rake Fighter

lol Peter Gay

Old 06-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Trotskilicious
Banned

should have spelled it Krogan

Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #28
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
Petition to ban Space Girl 1979

Signed
Do you like the new album? Doesnt do it for me.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #29
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpkin View Post
billy has two passions in life. making music and wrestling. he will not give up either one. he might even create a form of musical wrestling.
As long as he keeps his musical wanking to himself...

Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #30
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
Space Girl. Counting down the days until her and BC can make a suicide pact.
Nah she's going to take Iha down on some Dimebag Darrel type shit. Jump onstage at an APC concert screaming "you broke up the pumpkins!" and shoot him in the face.