Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 11:18 PM   #3481
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Chess has always been interesting to me, but I never learned much about it beyond the basic rules.

I hope that kid followed up with WHO LOVES BERRIES AND CREAM

Old 05-26-2022, 03:53 AM   #3482
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

That's really cool, ysem. How long have you been playing chess?

I've been wanting to get into it for a couple of years now but nobody in my life even remotely plays. I'm really attracted to the side of the game that teaches you to be a more disciplined and strategic thinker, and a better decision maker.

It's also cool that you mention billiards along the same lines as well, because that's another game (that I did get into) that requires a whole other set of skills that go far beyond the game itself.

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 05-26-2022 at 05:05 AM.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:46 PM   #3483
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i started at 7 when my father introduced me, taught myself a lot, and started to beat my father soon after. since then i would play infrequently because it wasn't very popular among people i knew and i never joined a club, but tommy and i play a lot. and forreal, he's gotten to be a better player, but i need to play people better than me at this point to improve. i still like playing with him, though!

try chess.com! i've used it before and it's actually where this npo has their club tournaments which is basically all players in the group playing rounds for an hour or you can observe different games. i am logo4sho if you want to play sometime. there are also independent tutorials to practice skills and whatnot or you can play with randos in one-off games.

Old 06-02-2022, 08:15 AM   #3484
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

My kids like chess.com and the younger one especially loves to memorise openings - he was obsessed with the fried liver attack for a while, earlier this year.

I learned a basic defence and some basic pointers about controlling space on the board, pinning and forking etc but am no match for my kids, now. They both regularly beat my Dad now (who taught me) but it’s still 50/50 against my brothers.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:38 PM   #3485
Ram27
dumb

i have to learn these songs for a new band i got asked to play with and i'm so out of my depth lol

it's weird math rock offbeat snare stuff and i never listen to that so i have no correct intuition when playing. i am unfortunately not mike burns rn.

i wanna go in and be all fuckin jambo chambo hey i got this all down easy. but they're fucking hard!

Old 06-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #3486
yo soy el mejor

i have a dentist appt on monday and i am pumped! love those whirring drills and fluoride treatments. got an eye exam scheduled the same afternoon, too. ah yeah.

last time i saw a tooth person was right before the pandemic when i got my molars removed. that was not fun. i could hear crunch crunch crunch in my head even with local anesthesia--didn't hurt but the noise was gross. i canceled my mid-march follow-up and never went back.

also v excite to get to attend a workshop (typically $990) for free in july. it's cool nerdy data stuff about improving equity in collection, evaluation, and analysis, etc. all i did was write someone an email saying i was unsure my job would foot that bill, but explained why i wanted to participate, and asked if there were discounts available...got a response saying i was selected to take it for free.

that's the second time in recent memory i've done a little extra legwork and got a big payoff--last time was getting a $7k grant by going to a meeting, asking the right person the right question, and getting sent to someone at school who could actually help. my white counselor himself was useless and offered no options when i was having concerns about paying my tuition.

everything coming up Lolo

\o/

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 06-10-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:22 PM   #3487
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have a dental appointment next month, after a literal year of the dental office canceling my appointments with no notice. The last time, which was back in April, I was informed they no longer even had a hygienist and to try back in a couple of months. I was able to switch networks through my insurance because that is not gonna work for me. I haven't had many dramatic dental appointments, luckily, which I partially attribute to my rigorous hygiene routine, so I loathe the thought of missing an appointment by this much.

My C section is scheduled in 15 days and the nerves are setting in. I don't love the spinal block placement, but it wasn't so terrible last time....I'm hoping for a similar easy(ish) experience. Once I get through the birth, then I'll be able to more fully process the fact that I have 2 daughters.

I'm really bored at work, and hope to find something else to do within the next 6-12 month time frame.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:06 PM   #3488
yo soy el mejor

lucky daughters. i always wanted a sister until i got older and really thought about it. but would feel differently, maybe, if i actually had had one. how does your already-born daughter feel about all of this? i.e. your upcoming dental appt and birth

Old 06-10-2022, 06:50 PM   #3489
ilikeplanets
Braindead

She couldn't be more excited about getting a sister. I'm an only child and didn't really love that, so it was always important to me to have more than one child if I ever became a mother. I've actually always wanted 3, but this pregnancy has been a lot harder than my first so I don't think I can do it again. Definitely not if I'm still single. Plus, I need to focus on supporting them without adding another, at least for a long while.

Anyway, they will be just under 5 years apart, which is turning out to be a perfect age gap. My daughter knew about the pregnancy since my first positive test, so she's been fully involved and loves the big sister role. She talks to my baby bump all day, and can already spell her sister's name. I really hope they'll be close, I'm definitely going to try my best to encourage that. My hospital stay when delivering will be the first time I'll be away from her over night, so I have a lot of emotions about that, but of course we'll both be fine. This is going to be a fun year for her, starting kindergarten in the fall and getting a sister. And most likely a cross country move, too. We took social distancing really seriously during the past 2 years, and we're all so ready to have more going on in our lives again.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:00 PM   #3490
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Can’t believe you are nearly due! That rolled around so quick

Also, almost five years that you’ve been a mum now?!! That has gone so quickly, too.

Giving birth was only the second time away overnight from my older son…he was like your daughter though and was close to his grandparents, so was very happy to stay with them. She’s going to be over the moon!

I wanted five kids but then I have the first one and thought again… and like you my second pregnancy and birth weren’t as easy as the first and I just never felt ready to do it all over again

Old 06-11-2022, 12:40 AM   #3491
ilikeplanets
Braindead

My OB also says that with each successive pregnancy, the symptoms come on faster and worse. Makes me wonder how the hell my aunt has 8 kids! I mean obviously it's the religiously dictated lack of birth control, but I could never do that. I feel like the capacity to know your children as individuals instead of zoo animals diminishes after 3-4 of them.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:59 AM   #3492
vixnix
Socialphobic

My friend has 14 kids - her fourteenth was born within a few months of her first grandchild. She’s very devoutly Christian. She does know all of her children well - she homeschools them which helps. But she’s also just very OK with having no down time, ever, and no alone time.

She also bakes bread from scratch and makes a separate meal for her husband each night because he’s really fussy and doesn’t like to eat what everyone else does.

I am just not capable of that. I’m not quite managing with only two kids and they’re 13 and 16. I would actually go insane trying to do what she does

Old 06-11-2022, 04:23 AM   #3493
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Sounds like a TLC series

Old 06-11-2022, 05:30 AM   #3494
vixnix
Socialphobic

Don’t think it would compete with 90 day fiancé or Sister Wives for watchability but I would probably still watch it

Old 06-11-2022, 10:51 AM   #3495
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
and makes a separate meal for her husband each night because he’s really fussy
I absolutely despise picky eaters

Old 06-11-2022, 10:53 AM   #3496
slunken
Virgo

edited: too far

Old 06-11-2022, 11:51 AM   #3497
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Don’t think it would compete with 90 day fiancé or Sister Wives for watchability but I would probably still watch it
Well, the Duggars, Derricos, Busbys, Waldrops, and Plaths all had good ratings. Though clearly this concept is played out.

Old 06-15-2022, 10:52 PM   #3498
yo soy el mejor

wow, that guy who essentially pushes his wife to cook him a meal separate from the meal she cooks for their 14 kids and herself sounds like a right spoiled and thoughtless bitch. nothing wrong with being picky, but you can pick peas and tomatoes or whatever out your own damn self. you don't need a brand new meal.

Old 06-15-2022, 10:56 PM   #3499
yo soy el mejor

Old 06-16-2022, 03:56 AM   #3500
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
This caught me harder than I expected because I used to sit on the stairs just like that. Damn.

But on the other hand, the guy's slapping his wife because she got him Pizza for dinner?? Thank god for that hollywood loophole now I don't have to spend the rest of my day spazzin.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #3501
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
This caught me harder than I expected because I used to sit on the stairs just like that. Damn.

But on the other hand, the guy's slapping his wife because she got him Pizza for dinner?? Thank god for that hollywood loophole now I don't have to spend the rest of my day spazzin.
Damn, commercials used to be real af

Now it’s cartoon violence in every ad to convince me to switch tampon brands

Old 06-17-2022, 05:26 PM   #3502
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

if that PSA aired today there would be 30 million republicans saying that the abusive husband is a good patriarch and woke culture is trying to destroy him

Old 06-17-2022, 05:33 PM   #3503
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Unhappy

Remember when friday nights used to be exciting lol

Old 06-17-2022, 05:35 PM   #3504
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Who's hanging out tonight?

Come get your head blown off

Old 06-17-2022, 06:23 PM   #3505
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Fuck, I remember that ad

Others that scared the shit out of me

Maybe that one's silly but fuck, I would get so scared, like not enough that I curbed my lying at all but it certainly made me feel like I was going to Mormon Hell for it

Old 06-17-2022, 10:09 PM   #3506
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I somewhat unexpectedly had my baby a couple nights ago, we both should be leaving the hospital tomorrow. I'm sore as fuck but doing well. She's perfect. This hospital operates on skeleton crew, so I've been having to mostly take care of myself, which is my preference anyway. I'm feeling self-congratulatory at the moment. Making and birthing a whole human is hard!

Old 06-17-2022, 11:22 PM   #3507
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I somewhat unexpectedly had my baby a couple nights ago, we both should be leaving the hospital tomorrow. I'm sore as fuck but doing well. She's perfect. This hospital operates on skeleton crew, so I've been having to mostly take care of myself, which is my preference anyway. I'm feeling self-congratulatory at the moment. Making and birthing a whole human is hard!
Yay!!! Congrats!

Old 06-18-2022, 08:32 AM   #3508
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Fuck, I remember that ad

Others that scared the shit out of me

yes! i remember this one

Old 06-18-2022, 08:33 AM   #3509
slunken
Virgo

congrats, planets

Old 06-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #3510
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
holy shit this sucks

i once snuck down the stairs and saw my dad eating my mom's pussy and it's the only memory i have of them together

Closed Thread