Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 05:08 PM   #3901
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Cats look indignant a lot of the time that's why they're so great.

Old 10-01-2022, 05:34 PM   #3902
slunken
Virgo

i hate that little asshole - i bet he begs for treats from mommy

Old 10-01-2022, 05:36 PM   #3903
slunken
Virgo

WHERE'S MY TREATS - HUH?

FROM MOMMY - HUH?

Old 10-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #3904
slunken
Virgo

i am mister good boy

Old 10-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #3905
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

The last time I got a cat I just turned up at the shelter and asked to see all the cats in person, and then dangled my hand in front of each one of them. The first one to take a swipe at it and cause me to bleed, I was like hello, please box up this cat, I will buy it now.

They actually called me a few days later saying “we’re just a bit concerned about your small 2 yo child because the cat may scratch him” and I was like “ lol only if he deserves it” and soon they both formed respectful boundaries with each other and most importantly I didn’t hear the cheeping of birds nesting in the ceiling or the scratching a rat under the floor of the kitchen. They were all long gone. Best cat I ever bought, very high quality cat.

Old 10-01-2022, 07:08 PM   #3906
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

My brother bought these fancy looking cats from breeders that he couldn’t let outside because they were too stupid to cross roads, etc. I am not sure what the purpose of those cats was, if I’m being honest

Old 10-01-2022, 07:25 PM   #3907
ovary
Ownz

just found a gigantic sprawling pile of shit hiding in the garage. fuckin litter box too good for that little asshole i guess.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:31 PM   #3908
vixnix
Socialphobic

That is not a high quality cat. Can’t it just go outside? We always have litter trays while they settle in, for a couple of weeks, and then we just let them outside and never think about it again.

Old 10-02-2022, 03:51 AM   #3909
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

The rate of high quality cats has greatly declined over these past two years unfortunately speaking

Old 10-02-2022, 05:04 AM   #3910
vixnix
Socialphobic

Microchip shortage and shipping delays affecting every high quality area of life

Old 10-02-2022, 10:29 AM   #3911
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

my cats are cream of the crop, for sure. for sure.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:43 PM   #3912
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Hope you are both feeling better and the baby didn’t get it….
Thank you. So:

We're over that cold, but immediately after that big E comes home sick again, worse this time. She's still miserable with a fever, awful cough, vomiting, etc. And I have a sore throat now so I'm obviously doomed to catch this, too. Still masking up and quarantining her in the bedroom in a desperate attempt to spare little E.

A terrible situation that arose from this was that on the way to finalize paperwork for my new car, she vomited all over the car seat to the point it has to be thrown away. Then on the way back, she vomited all over the spare car seat in my parents' car, and it's equally not salvageable. And the baby's primary car seat, a hand me down from her sister, expires at the end of the month. So now I need to buy 3 car seats at once. At least she didn't throw up in the new car, but damn.

Old 10-02-2022, 05:39 PM   #3913
cork_soaker
full of longing

cat chat

Old 10-02-2022, 10:32 PM   #3914
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Thank you. So:

We're over that cold, but immediately after that big E comes home sick again, worse this time. She's still miserable with a fever, awful cough, vomiting, etc. And I have a sore throat now so I'm obviously doomed to catch this, too. Still masking up and quarantining her in the bedroom in a desperate attempt to spare little E.

A terrible situation that arose from this was that on the way to finalize paperwork for my new car, she vomited all over the car seat to the point it has to be thrown away. Then on the way back, she vomited all over the spare car seat in my parents' car, and it's equally not salvageable. And the baby's primary car seat, a hand me down from her sister, expires at the end of the month. So now I need to buy 3 car seats at once. At least she didn't throw up in the new car, but damn.
Oh eek. That’s awful, I’m sorry. I only had a few vomit car seat episodes but they were luckily salvageable

Though another time, I had to pay for an empty jumbo slurpee cup from a 7-11 and as we crawled down the freeway minutes later in a traffic jam, my kid repeatedly vomited into it and tipped it out the window. It was grim

Old 10-02-2022, 10:48 PM   #3915
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Vomit is a special kind of hell. I'm not even that grossed out, but it destroys things.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:53 PM   #3916
ilikeplanets
Braindead

My kid is unfortunately pretty prone to it, too. Once she threw up at a petting zoo because of how bad it stunk. Which, 3 years removed from the situation, is actually kind of hilarious. And now I have an excuse not to go to them anymore to try and pretend to want to touch goats.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:05 PM   #3917
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Vomit is a special kind of hell. I'm not even that grossed out, but it destroys things.
One of my sons had severe reflux as a small boy

He barfed large meaty barfs onto his face and hair in his bed very often

There’s cleaning them off as they scream in horror. Then there’s stripping the bed as quickly as possible, to save the mattress if u can, sheets flapping as chunks fly into your own face/hair. Then remaking the bed, with towels under the sheets, depending how saturated the mattress is with stomach acid. And then there’s the laundry and you better do it quick before it crusts because then you’ll just have to get it wet again, releasing the special smell of vomit into your nose and mouth, as you scrub chunks off the bedclothes with a dull fork.

And it’s 4 AM, and u are so glad that u passed on your genetic material

Old 10-03-2022, 12:05 AM   #3918
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Tbh cats shouldn't go outside in general. Not only do they on average only live 1/3 as long if they aren't kept indoors, they are very bad for the ecosystems because they are not a natural part of them. Of course, if you take your cat outside with a kitty harness, it is ok.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:06 AM   #3919
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

How did we move from cats to vomit

Old 10-03-2022, 12:53 AM   #3920
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2pee View Post
One of my sons had severe reflux as a small boy

He barfed large meaty barfs onto his face and hair in his bed very often

There’s cleaning them off as they scream in horror. Then there’s stripping the bed as quickly as possible, to save the mattress if u can, sheets flapping as chunks fly into your own face/hair. Then remaking the bed, with towels under the sheets, depending how saturated the mattress is with stomach acid. And then there’s the laundry and you better do it quick before it crusts because then you’ll just have to get it wet again, releasing the special smell of vomit into your nose and mouth, as you scrub chunks off the bedclothes with a dull fork.

And it’s 4 AM, and u are so glad that u passed on your genetic material
She also got the bed the day before the car seat incident. I always have a waterproof mattress cover under the fitted sheet, and it's saved the mattress many a time with no hassle. The linen is another story. And the poor, poor carpet.

Old 10-03-2022, 03:02 AM   #3921
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Tbh cats shouldn't go outside in general. Not only do they on average only live 1/3 as long if they aren't kept indoors, they are very bad for the ecosystems because they are not a natural part of them. Of course, if you take your cat outside with a kitty harness, it is ok.
You would get along very well with my brother

As for me and my cats, we will continue to go outside, off-leash

The cat I mentioned above is now 17 and still likes going outside. She goes outside every day. I would pay to see you trying to get a harness on her

Old 10-03-2022, 09:49 AM   #3922
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Quote:
How did we move from cats to vomit
Honestly this is like asking how did we move from coffee grinders to coffee grounds

Old 10-03-2022, 07:43 PM   #3923
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
oh boy here we go

Old 10-03-2022, 07:49 PM   #3924
slunken
Virgo

i had a dream last night that i was playing with a little baby kitten for a long time

then my mom walked by the window and i pretended to be asleep

then i was at a concert

what mean?

Old 10-03-2022, 08:40 PM   #3925
ilikeplanets
Braindead

That you're a teenager

Old 10-03-2022, 09:39 PM   #3926
slunken
Virgo

lol i'm telling

Old 10-03-2022, 10:03 PM   #3927
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Hey, I was gonna suggest it was an Oepidal thing, but didn't want to be rude

Old 10-04-2022, 04:37 PM   #3928
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post

As for me and my cats, we will continue to go outside, off-leash
Very based. My mom lost 2 last year to (presumably) hawks. Then 8 months later a perfect little fun kitten comes robot-bouncing up to the door and SHE TOOK HER TO THE POUND.

I don't think she wants her heart broken again.

That's why I'm dreaming about kittens. I got to play with it for a day. Wore the fucking thing out. Just an insane ball of energy.

Left the dumb little no-brain in the basement sleeping on a sheet of leather, an hour or so later it comes upstairs, spots me sitting in the easy char, and makes a wild leap (totally vertical - all 4 claws out), hits the box fan, the box fan falls, kitten runs away.

IT WAS CHAOS!

Old 10-05-2022, 02:37 PM   #3929
Elphenor
Braindead

Billy Corgan is at my workplace right now

not joking

any question requests?

Old 10-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #3930
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Who dresses him

Closed Thread