Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2022, 06:24 PM   #841
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndMyLlama View Post
Were you fighting the Asylum Demon with the broken sword by chance? You're not supposed to do that.
i'm flattered that you thought i was skilled enough to do that

Old 04-28-2022, 10:36 AM   #842
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2pee View Post
Hey guys Darkwood is awesome

Did u ever stop to remember that The Woods are scary af?

So clearly it's about time someone made a game regarding of it

The premise is you wake up in an (apparently?) apocalyptic scenario where (possibly?) the forest is all mutated and malevolent and trying to (hmm?) swallow all flesh and blood? Dunno guys, it's friekin cryptic in the storyways

But anyway the loop is you roam by day midst the suffocating darkness under the eaves, avoiding snarling/growling packs of wild dogs (and other nasty things), for what scant scraps of supplies you can scavenge in order to barricade your little bombed out shack so you can have a chance in hell to hope to survive the night

Sound design is amazing, up there with my fave horror like silent hill or alien isolation. The feeling of rushing to nail boards to the windows, make sure there's gas in the generator to keep the lamps alight (the swirling, sentient darkness itself can prove lethal), set a couple bear traps, and then squeeze yourself behind a bath tub or whatever little hole you can find/make, as the sun sets and the shadows grow long, wow it's some special little horror feeling they nailed, here

Anyway, later, gonna try to survive another night and figure out what the hell or who i am hopefully, someday
good call, this game is great

Old 05-23-2022, 12:00 PM   #843
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I want to play the Poppy Playtime game. It looks easy but I like the creepiness without excessive gore.

Old 06-03-2022, 05:34 PM   #844
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

Has anyone played this old-ish game War Thunder? Came out in 2012 I think but still has a loyal fanbase and updates and such. It's a battle game using models of actual planes, tanks, etc. from around the world, both from the past and today.

I ask because their official forums have hosted something like six or seven leaks of official military secrets over the past few years. (That article says three, but if you read the Twitter thread it's referencing, users are remembering a lot more.) Basically two people will get in a fight over whose favorite modern-day tank would win against the other and argue over the actual specs of each, given that these are national secrets and the game developers are approximating the in-game values of these vehicles based on public information. Eventually, possessed by a fury that only comes when you have to be right on the internet, one of the arguers will scan and post the official tank manual, or a photo of the exact specs of a Chinese sabot round or something.

Speculation is rife that actual military intelligence officers from around the world are all over the forum, sparking arguments in order to goad the other side into giving up their countries' exact fighting capabilities.

This is absolutely fucking hilarious. I have no interest in getting in there myself, but if anyone's already knee-deep in their forum, I'd love some inside (non-classified) info.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:07 PM   #845
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I want to play the Poppy Playtime game. It looks easy but I like the creepiness without excessive gore.
So, I tried playing this and cannot steer, so I gave up.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:22 PM   #846
Shallowed
Braindead

disco elysium is pretty cool

i didn't get very far with my first couple of attempts because i tried as much as possible to make the best of the situation, which became more and more apparent that the approach was out of character, and that it would be more fun and in the spirit of the game to embrace his disastrous personality and disregard the main objective to see where it gets me

Old 07-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #847
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

there's a new 2d sidescroller classic snes style TMNT game that literally looks like a sequal to one of my fav snes games of all time

can I please get a fuck yeah and then a holy cannoli?

Old 07-04-2022, 11:41 PM   #848
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
there's a new 2d sidescroller classic snes style TMNT game that literally looks like a sequal to one of my fav snes games of all time

can I please get a fuck yeah and then a holy cannoli?
Holy fucken canoli yeah u can

Gonna be snaggin that shredders (who is jeff) revenge as soon as grandma lets me use the Nintendo again

She been hoggin it playing doom eternal

Old 07-06-2022, 01:41 PM   #849
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

hard to blame her. Doom Eternal was A+

Old 07-07-2022, 01:01 PM   #850
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Jurassic World evolution has replaced all other management sim games. Fucken guests needing more ways to buy souvenir hats to raise my park satisfaction level. Just love it when my tyrannosaur gets loose and chomps all them fucken complainers

Old 07-07-2022, 06:02 PM   #851
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

shit... you mofos are making me want to GAME

Old 07-10-2022, 12:12 AM   #852
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Psvr is fun, but it’s a pain in the ass, by the time u get hooked up to it, and wipe the lenses b/c u can’t see, and adjust the camera groping with your hands for it with the helmet half off, and now u gotta wipe the lenses again b/c your sweat and pomade got in there while u were dicking with the camera with the helmet half off your head, and then u put it all back on your head and it feels like you’re diving underwater with all this shit on u and u can only see out this goggle sized diving mask sized area of view, and you forgot where the move controllers are so u grope and knock over your spitting cup full of tobacco spit, and it goes on your picture of your wife who divorced u, and then by that time you’re so motion sick u have to put the ps4 to rest mode and put also your own ass to rest mode while trying not to barf all over your already stinking sheets

But it’s real fun, Astrobot especially also skyrim is fucken weird being inside it etc

Old 07-11-2022, 08:53 AM   #853
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Be that as it may, I'm jealous of all the massively productive meetings you're going to have through Facebook's revolutionary metaverse technology while you, your coworkers, and your boss are all riding pterodactyls or w/e

Old 07-11-2022, 12:07 PM   #854
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Ok I dunno I'm sorry the TMNT game just is not all that

the graphics are absolutely gorgeous, without question the best aspect of the game. all the animations are beautifully detailed in ways SNES games dreamed of but could never compete with. every turtle throws different looking combinations and the ass whooping feels gratifying at first. but the control mechanics make the game feel so heavy. like wading through milkshake. the game pretty much rewards mashing buttons at maximum intensity and speed, and seems to deemphasize minimal strategy or anything like that. which is an awful shame and makes the game super monotonous and finger-tiring (pause) to play.

the levels just throw a gigantic amount of enemies at you with little regard to pacing or anything like that.

tons of cheap shots. a huge amount of enemies either shoot at you from all the way across the screen, or spawn countless annoying little critter shitters. it's a fucking PAIN IN THE NECK.

in fact, too many goddamn enemies have guns in this game, and that's not how beat em ups are supposed to even work. beat em up is NOT about constantly getting fucking shot at.

the game is definitely worth playing just to see all the gorgeous pixel art. those artists absolutely aced their job, the results are super charming, but they go to waste on a solid D- game with sloppy ass level design

Old 07-11-2022, 12:08 PM   #855
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

the graphics are absolutely gorgeous, without question the best aspect of the game. all the animations are beautifully detailed in ways SNES games dreamed of but could never compete with. every turtle throws different looking combinations and the ass whooping feels gratifying at first. but the control mechanics make the game feel so heavy. like wading through milkshake. the game pretty much rewards mashing buttons at maximum intensity and speed, and seems to deemphasize minimal strategy or anything like that. which is an awful shame and makes the game super monotonous and finger-tiring (pause) to play.

the levels just throw a gigantic amount of enemies at you with little regard to pacing or anything like that.

tons of cheap shots. a huge amount of enemies either shoot at you from all the way across the screen, or spawn countless annoying little critter shitters. it's a fucking PAIN IN THE NECK.

in fact, too many goddamn enemies have guns in this game, and that's not how beat em ups are supposed to even work. beat em up is NOT about constantly getting fucking shot at.

the game is definitely worth playing just to see all the gorgeous pixel art. those artists absolutely aced their job, the results are super charming, but they go to waste on a solid D- game with sloppy ass level design

Old 07-11-2022, 12:10 PM   #856
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

oh god damnit

Old 07-11-2022, 10:24 PM   #857
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

You just described most arcade games.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:44 AM   #858
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Old 07-17-2022, 02:36 AM   #859
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
oh god damnit
Dammit

u know i feel like almost all these new games begin to suck at a certain point. Like they just exhaust whatever is new or exciting about them within the first 5 hours max, and then you’re just doing a chore b/c u feel like we’ll i bought this piece of shits

Personally i feel no dedication to finish games. If im bored, im finished. Too many damn games to play in a lifetime, let me get my thrills and on to the next one, just like my granny says about differnt varieties of these cute little flowers she plants outside that keep dying because i suck at watering but she forgets anyway who was supposed to water it so i just like fuck granny why u kill them little blue ones with the white hats and shes like shit son let’s hit the fucken lowes tonite what u gettin into

Old 07-20-2022, 12:47 PM   #860
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Went on a Megaman binge. Beat 1-7 and just finished 8 for the first time ever. That one along with 10 and 11 are the only ones I never got through . Starting on 9 now, that was a blast when it came out. Best series.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:12 PM   #861
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

u gonna do X, Legends, MM Zero or anything after that? X1-4 have maybe the best (or at least my favorite) gameplay of any platformers I've ever played

Old 07-20-2022, 01:17 PM   #862
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

meanwhile, MM8 goes along w/ Bomberman Hero for the best melodies of any platformer I've ever played! still go back to those soundtracks

Old 07-20-2022, 04:23 PM   #863
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
u gonna do X, Legends, MM Zero or anything after that? X1-4 have maybe the best (or at least my favorite) gameplay of any platformers I've ever played
X1-5 certainly, though I've read there's bad input lag with the legacy collection. I'm probably never going to play X6 ever again, dunno if I'll ever touch X7 or 8 - the story was supposed to end at X5 with Zero dying. Hell, even X5 is a seriously flawed game, tons of problems in its design.

I'm curious about the Zero games and Battle Network, never got around to trying either.

As far as MM8 tunes? Sword man all day baby!

Last edited by Shadaloo : 07-20-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:10 AM   #864
Disco King
Minion of Satan

You ever think to yourself, "ya ha ha, I finally have some time to spare to play a video game," pop one in, and then find yourself falling asleep before you've even gotten 15 minutes into it?

Like, damn, I'm not even well-rested enough to play Zelda now?

Old 08-16-2022, 02:47 PM   #865
ilikeplanets
Braindead

With any seated leisure activity, yeah

Old 08-16-2022, 10:04 PM   #866
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Spotted this on the Playstation store a while back with all its DLC — the "Royal Edition" — for about $11USD all up and did the whole thing again from scratch.

Genuinely rate it for anybody that's ever wondered what Skyrim would be like without the magical shit and a higher learning curve on combat elements, though I'd strongly push for playing with a game controller rather than keyboard/mouse. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a sequel within the next year or two.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:33 AM   #867
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Rdr2 is pretty good, huh

Old 08-18-2022, 08:53 AM   #868
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
I'm curious about the Zero games and Battle Network, never got around to trying either.
Battle Network was always kinda whatever to me

the Zero/Zero X series though is fuckin' sick

Old 08-18-2022, 09:53 AM   #869
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

I need someone to hold me after my encounter with the slime baby in Resident Evil: Village

Old 08-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #870
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

can I also hold the game? to you know

play it later?