Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 07-18-2022, 12:18 AM   #31
meatngreet
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2pee View Post
Or, refuse to play along that’s cool

But if u wanna be a dick at least like, make me guffaw or at least couple snortles

Ya fartknock
Far more interesting than the random clips between songs is the fact that Butch Vig and an assistant engineer took a razor blade and literally shaved off sections of tape from the audio track of Jimmy's drums on Mayonaise, to make the timing fit better with the tempo of the song. We're talking nano-seconds.

Old 07-18-2022, 01:33 AM   #32
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatngreet View Post
If you still have a pair of headphones with an 1/8 inch plug (the standard mini-jack plug), plug them halfway into the jack. Listen to the album that way and you'll hear all sorts of weird stuff. The drum intro to Hummer will have all of this delay on there that you don't hear when listening normally, for instance.
Damn greet meat

You just did a

Old 07-18-2022, 05:18 AM   #33
TheSultanOfCyr
Ownz

Quote:
Far more interesting than the random clips between songs is the fact that Butch Vig and an assistant engineer took a razor blade and literally shaved off sections of tape from the audio track of Jimmy's drums on Mayonaise, to make the timing fit better with the tempo of the song. We're talking nano-seconds.
Now that is far more interesting.

Old 07-18-2022, 06:51 AM   #34
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSultanOfCyr View Post
Now that is far more interesting.

That dude knows his way around balls.

Like ur dad, allegedly.

Old 07-18-2022, 09:22 AM   #35
TheSultanOfCyr
Ownz

You friggin’ watch your mouth, mister. My dad just might stuff his balls in it.

Old 07-18-2022, 10:43 AM   #36
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

your dad is Ken Marino from The State?

Old 07-18-2022, 11:49 AM   #37
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs up

"Are you Jesus of Nazareth?" "...He went that way. He's in a shirt and tie, and he's yelling about his balls."

Old 07-18-2022, 11:36 PM   #38
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Took me a long time to hear it, but there's a shimmering synth wave that comes on the chorus of everlasting gaze

The whooooo thru the pickups thru which they're recording the drums on pissant

"The song's over" at the end of hello kat

Old 07-18-2022, 11:40 PM   #39
run2pee
Minion of Satan

speaking of ANTS WHO PISS

Old 07-18-2022, 11:41 PM   #40
Shallowed
Braindead

hi hat on jerry

Old 07-19-2022, 05:55 AM   #41
inkless
Ownz

Smashing Pumpkins: Greatest Hits Video Collection Easter Egg
On the main menu, scroll down to Extras, and then press left. You will move to a large pixel on the screen, and the video for the Pumpkins' final song, "Untitled," will be played.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #42
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

practically everything on this

Old 07-20-2022, 03:51 PM   #43
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
hi hat on jerry
must spread rep

Old 07-20-2022, 04:01 PM   #44
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Quote:
If you still have a pair of headphones with an 1/8 inch plug (the standard mini-jack plug), plug them halfway into the jack. Listen to the album that way and you'll hear all sorts of weird stuff. The drum intro to Hummer will have all of this delay on there that you don't hear when listening normally, for instance.
I remember doing this for Adore, a really long time ago now, and I could swear I heard muffled sobbing during one of the songs and it freaked me the fuck out for some reason

My story would be halfway interesting if I said I threw my Discman across the room in a blind panic but I think I just sat there taking it in, so, I'm sorry, okay? I'll try to be more engaging by consciously exaggerating my reactions the next time I'm in a situation of interest, all right, you fucking monsters? Is that what you want? You're accustomed to TikToks of people "reacting" in a "not rehearsed" way to something "for the first time"??? That's our society now? Fuck you

Old 07-20-2022, 05:48 PM   #45
run2pee
Minion of Satan

If u listen reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal close

There’s a guitar in tales of a scorched earth

Old 07-20-2022, 05:50 PM   #46
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I remember doing this for Adore, a really long time ago now, and I could swear I heard muffled sobbing during one of the songs and it freaked me the fuck out for some reason

My story would be halfway interesting if I said I threw my Discman across the room in a blind panic but I think I just sat there taking it in, so, I'm sorry, okay? I'll try to be more engaging by consciously exaggerating my reactions the next time I'm in a situation of interest, all right, you fucking monsters? Is that what you want? You're accustomed to TikToks of people "reacting" in a "not rehearsed" way to something "for the first time"??? That's our society now? Fuck you
This is terrifying

What did u do after u freaked the F out, it’s ok if u didn’t throw it or pee pants or pop bones etc u could even have just gone eaten a

Old 07-20-2022, 06:38 PM   #47
Shallowed
Braindead

Lightbulb

Quote:
the best way to do this is importing the music into audio editing software, like audacity

separate the stereo channels into two separate mono channels

make sure they're both panned to the centre

invert the phase of one of the channels

now everything that was panned to the center in the original stereo track will be cancelled out, and you'll be left with only the audio that was panned left or right

usually this removes a lot of the vocals, bass and some of the drums

Old 07-20-2022, 06:42 PM   #48
Shallowed
Braindead

you can also use audio plugins on foobar or whatever other music player software that supports it

Old 07-20-2022, 06:43 PM   #49
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2pee View Post
This is terrifying

What did u do after u freaked the F out, it’s ok if u didn’t throw it or pee pants or pop bones etc u could even have just gone eaten a
Records from that era are spotty at best

I do recall telling a friend about it over AIM later that night — in fact I remember that more than I remember the actual listening session — but my best guess, immediately after the freakout, would be

Old 07-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #50
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

this might be on some "basic shit," but I don't think I ever really noticed Billy's "YEEEEAH" in unison with the guitar solo first note on the studio version of Quiet 'til after I'd heard him do it multiple times live

granted, it's not the beautifully unhinged scream that it is in those versions, but it's still a little treat

a sweet treat!

Old 07-21-2022, 03:16 PM   #51
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't think I ever heard the speak and spell saying "Allo" at the beginning of Glynis until a year after I first heard it because it's pretty quiet. Not what I'd call an easter egg but I find it adorable somehow.

Old 07-21-2022, 03:56 PM   #52
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I still wonder what those whispering noises at the beginning of In the arms of sleep are. I swear it sounds like Billy saying "Lilly... Lilly".

Or the missing lyrics in Love.

I remember listening to Tear on max volume and noticing a piano/synth track misplaced.

Old 07-21-2022, 04:40 PM   #53
TheSultanOfCyr
Ownz

On With Every Light if you listen closely there’s a weird out of sync piano melody running through the whole track that would ruin the song if it wasn’t already amazing.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:34 AM   #54
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

What about the "song's over" in Hello Kitty Kat?

Old 07-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #55
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

nice try wise guy but run2pee covered that one many posts ago

i bet you felt real high & mighty today coming in with that "brand new" easter egg but you know what buddy, today wasn't your day

netphoria 1
evilshmimeshmlan 0

Old 07-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #56
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

oh yeah

my bad, as you say in the america

Old 07-22-2022, 02:47 PM   #57
TheSultanOfCyr
Ownz

Have any of you fellers ever defecated on public transport?

Let me paint you a picture.

I am a teenager, sat on the bus on the way to high school. I am so ready to learn that my buttcheeks unclench from the sheer desire to educate myself, and I begin to slip in and out of an early morning daze. I am listening to Machina / The Machines of God because it is my favourite album and because I am a teenager. Blue Skies Bring Tears - the best worst song on any Pumpkins album, is playing. The song’s distorted blown speaker second half is massaging my buttocks into a false sense of security, and I turn the volume down a nudge to let it lull me like a hammock made of poppyseed. The song ends, and I turn the volume all the way back up in preparation for the best best song on any Pumpkins album, Age of Innocence. However, in my drowsy stupor, I forget about the egg from the east at the end of this song. Five seconds after the song stops, C0rg&n’s deafening, shrill, ear-piercingly overdriven declaration that ‘Blue Skies Bring Tears’ fills my ears and head. I jump out of my skin with such ferocity that, as I looked down in horror, the entire bus had become flooded with my poo. Kids were using the seats as life rafts. The driver was being pulled under by the waves. I survived, but as I stood in the shower that night, scrubbing the fecal matter from my face, I knew - Billy Corgan had tricked me.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:52 PM   #58
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
oh yeah

my bad, as you say in the america
thank you for taking the time to learn my language

Old 07-22-2022, 02:52 PM   #59
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Sultan you took a chance with that post and I respect that

the critics are gonna hate it but personally I think it was an experimental triumph, thank you for taking the time to make a real piece of art here for us on Netphira

Old 07-22-2022, 06:40 PM   #60
CherryRay
Pledge

Not an audio one, but how about the '2010' typed in the liner notes to Pisces?
I'm sure it's probably been talked about on here before, Inever but was part of the original agreed masterplan to break up and reunite in 2010. And he was fucked off when they didn't all agree?
Btw, totally agree about that mu-tron phase speaker ripping type sound at the end of Hey Kitty Cat, awesome. Only thing that reminds me of it is the solo on Mooney Suzaki's Alive & Amplified. Again sounds like the guitar is literally ripping the speakers up. Anyone know what they used, ws it the Mu-Tron?