Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable

That's what the fuck.
Right on!

Old 10-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #32
Anvil Hands
Ownz

well then why not show off one of your nicely completed tracks to make KIll Hannah Feel like shit ?

I'm just bitching because the decriptions given in the interview are totally useless.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #33
Effloresce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by czr
probably more music theory applied in terms of machina's level of sophisication in arrangments etc
Oh, right.

Well that's not bad news.

Machina "intelligence" (how pretentious) combined with an updated MCIS-like production would be nice. I was not fond of Machina's extremely loud drowned out kind of feel. They should've made it sound like the Machina live show or some of their Machina b-sides. That would have been ace.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #34
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Well, this albums gonna suck.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #35
Wes
Amish Rake Fighter

Default song2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qbqcxq

Old 10-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #36
Izzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes
wut

Old 10-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #37
Effloresce
Banned

That's not SP. Jimmy plays better than that. As does Billy.

Nice jam though. By... whoever this is.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #38
jonnyjj740
Pledge

Effloresce is your sn from Oceansize? if so...gooood band

Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #39
Effloresce
Banned

Yep.

I can't believe Effloresce didn't take off... it's such a great great album

Old 10-08-2006, 03:13 PM   #40
firewoman
Ownz

Thanks for sharing! Kinda made me assume that the pumpkins are still less two members. Still just Billy and Jimmy.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #41
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

oh firewoman!! i've been thinking of you!!

Old 10-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #42
firewoman
Ownz

cool! Whats up

Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #43
wHATcOLOR

Talking

oh, you know... this and that. how about yourself

Old 10-09-2006, 01:54 AM   #44
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster

billy to kh: "hey i want you guys to say the new album has the intelligence of machina with the accessibility of mellon collie"

kh to mag: "it has the intelligence of machina with the accessibility of mellon collie"

Old 10-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #45
ChoobieWoobie
Ownz

song 2 is kinda like what xyu used to sound like in it's early form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #46
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser
do you think the liner notes will still say "The Smashing Pumpkins are Billy Corgan, James Iha, D'arcy and Jimmy Chamberlin" or whatever?
I record all the guitars for my band, the singer does all my backing vocals on the recordings etc.

Convenience, mostly.

Does this make me any less of a backing vocalist, or our rhythm guitarist any less of a guitarist?

Old 10-09-2006, 12:33 PM   #47
wHATcOLOR

the intelligence of machina:

blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears

everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are

radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio

heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine

keep it coming bill, i can't wait!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #48
wHATcOLOR

also, aren't those guys in kill hannah in their thirties by now? cool makeup and arm socks!!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #49
wHATcOLOR

wikipedia excerpt:

Current Members
Mat Devine (April 16, 1974 - ), vocals, guitar
Jonathan Radtke (September 17, 1982 - ), guitar
Dan Wiese (February 12, 1976 - ) guitar
Greg Corner (June 20, 1974 - ) bass

way to go guys!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #50
wHATcOLOR

wikipedia excerpt:

Current Members
Mat Devine (April 16, 1974 - ), vocals, guitar
Jonathan Radtke (September 17, 1982 - ), guitar
Dan Wiese (February 12, 1976 - ) guitar
Greg Corner (June 20, 1974 - ) bass

way to go guys!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #51
wHATcOLOR

sorry... looks like the server was trying to incorporate the intelligence of machine with that double post..

Old 10-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #52
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR
sorry... looks like the server was trying to incorporate the intelligence of machine with that double post..
no no, the server went over to Siamese your contribution - you know multi-layer guitars and such

Old 10-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #53
wHATcOLOR

blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks blue skies bring arm socks

Old 10-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #54
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

i used to wear arm socks

what a difference four years can make

Old 10-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #55
wHATcOLOR

*puts randall sandell on ignore list*

Old 10-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #56
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Sandell
i used to wear arm socks

what a difference four years can make
I remember the day I walked into the school in a skirt - just because Billy did so one week earlier in that VMA Tonight, Tonight performance.
Those were the days.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #57
Gollum
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendo_91
I record all the guitars for my band, the singer does all my backing vocals on the recordings etc.

Convenience, mostly.

Does this make me any less of a backing vocalist, or our rhythm guitarist any less of a guitarist?
Yes.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #58
mccririck
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears blue skies bring tears

everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are everywhere you are

radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio radio

heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine heavy metal heavy metal machine

Yep, when you put it like that it's hard to argue.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #59
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommy
Sorry ... i pressed enter by accident...

Very few bands from Chicago have made it to "Pink Floyd status," but Kill Hannah call themselves friends with that city’s number one music son who has achieved that: Smashing Pumpkins’ lead singer Billy Corgan.

"We just had dinner with him in L.A. four days ago," Mat tells me. Before the show, Hannah sound master Ben told me that Hannah had heard some new tracks from the reunited Pumpkins and so I decide to plumb for details.

"We heard two tracks with no vocals. Just one guitar and drums," he describes to me. "I’d say just the very floor plan of two songs and they both sound pretty epic. The two songs could be… I’d say they probably have the intelligence of the [Machina - the Machines of God] record but the accessibility of [Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness]. So I think it’s going to be just what a fan would want."

http://www.popsyndicate.com/index.ph...f_kill_hannah/

Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 AM   #60
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccririck
Yep, when you put it like that it's hard to argue.

are you fucking kidding me? you idiots are dismissing an entire album/era because of a few lyrical refrains?!

give me a fucking break -- you obviously have not heard The Arising! tour/era material...either that or you have extreme mental retardation.