Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2022, 04:27 PM   #1
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Default Arcade Fire - WE

what do you guys think of it?

i was really not enjoying it through the first half, and then it seemed like a different album when you get to Lightning I, and I liked it reasonably well from there on out.

pretty short overall, just 40 mins.

did not care at all for Everything Now (2017), liked maybe 2 or 3 songs from Reflektor (2013), so i'd kind of written them off years ago

i'd seen that several reviews for this album were positive, so i avoided listening to any of the songs before the album was out so as not to skew my impression. i enjoy the good songs on this one enough to play it here and there depending on my mood. to be clear, my hair is not blown back, but the second half is decent enough. i was hoping it'd be more exciting or moving though

SEPARATE QUESTION -- i am perfectly happy to just make 1 thread where i put all my thoughts / questions on music, if folks feel my threads are cluttering the board. please opine if you feel strongly one way or another

ok -- anyhow -- i've only listened to it twice but feels nice to have some not sucky songs from this band again

Last edited by wHATcOLOR : 05-07-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:52 AM   #2
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Arcade fire released a stunning trilogy of albums (funeral, neon bible, suburbs) and then gracefully broke up

Old 05-13-2022, 03:03 PM   #3
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i know my first post was making the point that some songs here are decent enough and kind of good. but this morning while listening to it move from lightning I to lightning II this happened. can't fake that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 05-13-2022, 08:40 PM   #4
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

It doesn't get good until halfway through, and then it quickly becomes boring again.

Old 05-15-2022, 02:26 AM   #5
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Still ascertain that Reflektor could have made a p cool single album. Suffered from the same fate as most double albums. "Afterlife" is unreal good.

Everything Now does nothing for me.

After hearing Lightning, I made an impulse buy and ordered WE on CD (#boomer) because it was only like $14 and was autographed. Just got here in the mail today.

Meanwhile, when I had a minute the other night I thought I was going to go for a walk and listen to the album straight thru. But then I got distracted about 15 minutes in and wasn't really digesting it. Need to try that again, I think.

Old 05-15-2022, 02:27 AM   #6
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Also, the CD comes with some little Polaroids with the lyrics on there that make the No Code photos look like pure art. Pretty neat, but also it was done 26 years ago already by Ed and Co.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #7
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I grew up in the burbs of Houston so after The Suburbs its just never grabbed me. To be honest I feel like I only like that album because I relate to it all