Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
paranoid
Minion of Satan
 
paranoid's Avatar
 
Location: up a tree
Posts: 5,961
Default Billy on yet another pavement tirade

Just found out SP is playing with Pavement in Brazil. It's gonna be 1 of those New Orleans type funerals

I say that because they represent the death of the alternative dream, and we follow with the affirmation of life part.
3:51 PM Nov 12th via web

funny how those who pointed the big finger of 'sell out' are the biggest offenders now...yawn. they have no love
3:53 PM Nov 12th via web

by the way, we'll be the band up there playing NEW songs because we have the love xx
4:00 PM Nov 12th via web

 
paranoid is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
hnibos
Braindead
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 15,016
Default

jealousy is such a sad thing

 
hnibos is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,456
Default

lol

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 14,597
Default

The death of the alternative dream?! Is he serious? What, Smashing Pumpkins were purely alternative or something?

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,749
Default

Billy's such a nigger.

 
duovamp is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 41,062
Default

he' just trying to get some press going

 
slunken is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #7
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,502
Default

he's failing

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster
 
samuel redman's Avatar
 
Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory
Posts: 4,874
Default

and he goes down, down, and he falls down


 
samuel redman is offline
Old 11-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG
 
Dogfighter28's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 11,472
Default

its gonna be 1 of those

 
Dogfighter28 is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 02:58 AM   #10
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster
 
stumpycat's Avatar
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,086
Default

Billy, STFU and get over it. Don't act like a bitter old twat.

 
stumpycat is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 AM   #11
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Ihaguitar's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Just found out SP is playing with Pavement in Brazil. It's gonna be 1 of those New Orleans type funerals

I say that because they represent the death of the alternative dream, and we follow with the affirmation of life part.
3:51 PM Nov 12th via web

funny how those who pointed the big finger of 'sell out' are the biggest offenders now...yawn. they have no love
3:53 PM Nov 12th via web

by the way, we'll be the band up there playing NEW songs because we have the love xx
4:00 PM Nov 12th via web
Oh and you do Billy! Ahahahahahahaha BIGGEST HYPOCRITE ON THE FUCKING PLANET!

 
Ihaguitar is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #12
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 32,387
Default

ok. that's enough, james.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 AM   #13
Kahlo
Registered User
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,539
Default

There is some comedy gold on the O-board about this:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/boar...howtopic=14132

"Billy, stay above the fray. Nobody gives two craps about Pavement. You shouldn't either."

 
Kahlo is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
ping-ping
Pledge
 
ping-ping's Avatar
 
Location: VA
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
ok. that's enough, james.
Ahaha!

Kahlo, I think what that stooge on the O-board meant to say was that NO ONE. ANYWHERE. gives a shit about ANY OF THIS. I hope Malkmus is smart enough to keep his mouth shut this time.

 
ping-ping is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #15
Kahlo
Registered User
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,539
Default

Hey ping-ping. Nope the O-boarder is a retard who is no doubt related to Monte. Such clear thinking is not generally associated with his knuckle dragging fanboy behaviour.

 
Kahlo is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #16
RenewRevive
Apocalyptic Poster
 
RenewRevive's Avatar
 
Location: Welcome to the real world jackass
Posts: 4,973
Default

guess it really bugs Billy how Pavement are lauded by the musos. don't go there man, it's negativity!!!

 
RenewRevive is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
Morlock
Ownz
 
Location: Germany
Posts: 508
Default

In comparison to Billy's posts, just take a look at the sheer negativity you get from Stephen Malkmus:

hello jicks people, as you know 2010 was dedicated to pavement.....what can i say--it was an unbelievable year. so many places so many great moments. so great to hang with my original indie gangsters. It will take months to come to grips with it. Thanks to all of you all who came out to see us--it felt like we never left!!! I wanna thank the crew (MVP Dan MAPP) and boche billions--but most of all my family who supported me as i messed around with guitar tunings and hotel internet for nearly a year.

The message board here has morphed and become a pretty personal place -- . awesome--its yours, I hope you stick around for digital eternity. 0ur future wise--we started recording with beck hansen in the late winter, and plan on getting back into it before the year is over... I dont know when the record will come out or what it will sound like. It is in a protools state of non reality right now. THis is kinda boring to read...........The record will be , uh, Amazing!

oh MIke Clark is touring with Corrine Tucker (sleater-TUff) this fall so check that out if you get a chance.

Pavement wrap up
Loudest fans--Atlanta, Bologna
Best Shows (IMHO LOL <3)--Tokyo 2, Osaka, First Two Central Parks, toronto, PHilly, Brooklyn, Spain, Brisbane, Kc, Chicago (Gehry), Last Brixton, Melbourne 1, Bologna, Denmark, Greek Berkeley.

"good", could have been more electric (imho LOL )--tokyo festival, glasgow, third london, baltimore, pitchfork, matador, atp,

Setlist writer for whole tour, sports bro--BOb nastanovich
Person who makes fun stuff happen offstage, person to look at if you are bummed on stage--Mark Ibold
Oz nightlife expert, master of the tremolo pedal--Scott Kannberg
Steadiest and best attitude, most improved, fellow deep breeder--Steve West
Best side stage fan--whitty whit whit

time to look forward

perfect jicks forever,d

sm

 
Morlock is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
Morlock
Ownz
 
Location: Germany
Posts: 508
Default

I am so loking forward to his collaboration with Beck. Both Beck's and the Jicks' latest albums were great.

 
Morlock is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlock View Post
In comparison to Billy's posts, just take a look at the sheer negativity you get from Stephen Malkmus:

hello jicks people, as you know 2010 was dedicated to pavement.....what can i say--it was an unbelievable year. so many places so many great moments. so great to hang with my original indie gangsters. It will take months to come to grips with it. Thanks to all of you all who came out to see us--it felt like we never left!!! I wanna thank the crew (MVP Dan MAPP) and boche billions--but most of all my family who supported me as i messed around with guitar tunings and hotel internet for nearly a year.

The message board here has morphed and become a pretty personal place -- . awesome--its yours, I hope you stick around for digital eternity. 0ur future wise--we started recording with beck hansen in the late winter, and plan on getting back into it before the year is over... I dont know when the record will come out or what it will sound like. It is in a protools state of non reality right now. THis is kinda boring to read...........The record will be , uh, Amazing!

oh MIke Clark is touring with Corrine Tucker (sleater-TUff) this fall so check that out if you get a chance.

Pavement wrap up
Loudest fans--Atlanta, Bologna
Best Shows (IMHO LOL <3)--Tokyo 2, Osaka, First Two Central Parks, toronto, PHilly, Brooklyn, Spain, Brisbane, Kc, Chicago (Gehry), Last Brixton, Melbourne 1, Bologna, Denmark, Greek Berkeley.

"good", could have been more electric (imho LOL )--tokyo festival, glasgow, third london, baltimore, pitchfork, matador, atp,

Setlist writer for whole tour, sports bro--BOb nastanovich
Person who makes fun stuff happen offstage, person to look at if you are bummed on stage--Mark Ibold
Oz nightlife expert, master of the tremolo pedal--Scott Kannberg
Steadiest and best attitude, most improved, fellow deep breeder--Steve West
Best side stage fan--whitty whit whit

time to look forward

perfect jicks forever,d

sm


I'm not real a Pavement/Malkmus fan but that post makes me want to be one. Wow appreciation for your fans what a novel concept.

 
Rider is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #20
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

this has never really been about pavement, it's always been about pitchfork and the juxtaposed opinions they hold of the two bands. billy is insulting pavement the same way you insult someones girlfriend to get them riled up.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 14,597
Default

And sadly, that shit usually works.

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #22
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Astur's Avatar
 
Location: Asturias
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
I say that because they represent the death of the alternative dream, and we follow with the affirmation of life part.
can anyone illustrate me on what the fuck is the alternative dream

like, playing twister with nirvana for the mtv or something like that

 
Astur is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan
 
soniclovenoize's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono View Post
this has never really been about pavement, it's always been about pitchfork and the juxtaposed opinions they hold of the two bands. billy is insulting pavement the same way you insult someones girlfriend to get them riled up.
Floppy, no, no.

 
soniclovenoize is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
Slurpee
Minion of Satan
 
Slurpee's Avatar
 
Location: breakfast
Posts: 6,116
Default

Good point from the jicks board:
"Can you imagine malkmus touring with a bunch of other guys and calling it pavement"

 
Slurpee is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #25
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 14,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astur View Post
can anyone illustrate me on what the fuck is the alternative dream

like, playing twister with nirvana for the mtv or something like that
I believe it is something about being so unknown and obscure that you never get mentioned in the media or sell a record while asserting that you have the greatest music ever to anyone who will listen and will readily exploit yourself to get your painted face posted on all the "edgy" websites...

Also it's about doing whatever the fuck you want to do without explaining yourself to anyone while at the same time claiming to feel "misunderstood" when nobody can tolerate your prickish behavior.

Basically it's all a bunch of meaningless hypocrisy.

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #26
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono View Post
this has never really been about pavement, it's always been about pitchfork and the juxtaposed opinions they hold of the two bands. billy is insulting pavement the same way you insult someones girlfriend to get them riled up.
Actually The Pavement fight has a very long history:


The lyrics from another single from the album, "Range Life", criticized alternative rock stars The Smashing Pumpkins and the Stone Temple Pilots. Malkmus has insisted over the years that the line is meant to be light-hearted and is sung from the point of view of the aging hippie character in the song—later live versions of the track had the singer substituting "The Spice Girls", "The Counting Crows", or others for "Stone Temple Pilots". In response Smashing Pumpkins leader Billy Corgan threatened to drop his band from their slot headlining the 1994 Lollapalooza Festival if Pavement was allowed to play.[15] Corgan and Malkmus would trade barbs through the press for several years afterwards.[16][17]

 
Rider is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #27
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 32,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
jealousy is such a sad thing
that would actually be envy, not jealousy.

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #28
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,456
Default

oh my god you are such a fucking tool

please do try to elucidate what the relevant difference is in his post and why "jealousy" is used incorrectly

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #29
The Omega Concern
Banned
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,986
Default

you grammar policing this time or spell checking? paragraph constructing or testing comprehension?

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Old 11-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #30
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 32,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
oh my god you are such a fucking tool

please do try to elucidate what the relevant difference is in his post and why "jealousy" is used incorrectly
it makes no difference

 
redbreegull is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chicago, IL 11/18-19, 21; 12/8 Chicago Theater/Auditorium Theater; 12/7 Aragon avsfan7733 Pumpkins Archive 1411 01-28-2009 12:33 AM
COUNTERCULTURE MAINSTREAM Jesus Cambodia Pumpkins Archive 5 01-17-2009 10:24 AM
I met Billy and Jeff in Davenport!! toadkat9 Pumpkins Archive 149 08-17-2008 05:19 PM
Attn: Bill wHATcOLOR Pumpkins Archive 45 01-09-2007 04:19 PM
trent reznor v. billy corgan Sonic Johnny General Chat Archive 80 03-17-2006 01:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2022