The Jesus
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rub_the_y View Post
Isn't that the drummer???

Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #32
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
awe they took it down

oh well i was going to say, thank god for paper bags!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #33
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

better to cover up the the teeth when you smile honey

Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #34
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I like how the fuggo bitches have to make sure they get their mailboxes in the shot to try and get any attention possible away from their busted faces.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #35
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

And by like, I mean am appalled by.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #36
rub_the_y
Demi-God

Like this slag?

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/a.../100_21281.jpg

Insecure much?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #37
hnibos
Braindead

i am dying to jack off to your pic

Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 AM   #38
rub_the_y
Demi-God

fuck off hnibos u sick cunt

Old 08-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #39
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

This is a truly great thread. Please keep it going.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #40
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/boar...howtopic=13008
Quote:
Alright, that's it...where the FUCK are the music lovers?!
Seriously...where are they?

This has been bothering me for quite some time, and now is the time to really get some clarification on it. It really hit me hard a few weeks ago when I was driving around, in Columbus, mind you, listening to the Machina Acoustic Demos, which I typically reserve for fall weather, but I was really in the mood for it that day, in addition to the Adore Demos.. I had the windows down, there was a lot of traffic that day, and I thought, "How strange would it be to one day pull up next to someone at a red light, and hear them listening to something like Laugh, or Methusela, or even weirder...something like Oui Henri or Snap. Then I stopped being greedy and decided that, based on past experience, it would be equally shocking to hear any non-radio SP track coming from someone else's car, apartment window, etc. I think if I heard Blank Page being played, I would immediately bolt out of my car and run up and insist to that person that we be best friends.

It is strange, because...I listen to this stuff all the time, casually...I'm just driving around and suddenly decide I feel like hearing a particular track from Mashed Potatoes or the Gravity demos, I have everything on my Zune. So it doesn't seem like it should be such an insane idea for someone else to do the same...excluding the board of course. I know everyone here appreciates music properly, this seems to be the last refuge for people like us. I never overhear anyone listening to anything but rap or country, it is sickening. This isn't limited to the Pumpkins either, I'm just using that as an example...the same could go for The Cure...I would love to hear someone listening to A Chain Of Flowers or Cloudberry out of the blue. it could even be generalized to bands. I would be amazed to hear anyone aside from myself listening to Thin Lizzy or Bauhaus.

My question...what about where all of you are from? Is it a similar situation? I realize there is no paradise where every single person listens to good music, but surely there must be SOME. I'm asking because I have finally had it with Columbus...the people mostly suck, and the music scene is nonexistent...we are moving the fuck out of here ASAP. We've more or less decided on Chicago, we both think we would love it there, but I would still be open to exploring other options as well. I want to know what the situation is in different cities in the U.S. I don't care where it is, I need to live somewhere with people who don't look at me like I'm speaking a foreign fucking language when I mention Morrissey or Sunny Day Real Estate...most people here don't even know who the Pixies are for fuck's sake. I'm especially interested in Chicago, since we are pretty much set on that already, but if someone brings up a place that really really intrigues me, I would, at the very least, have to take a trip to that city and check things out before we make our final decision. Let me know as much as you can, I'm sure anywhere will be better than here, no one here gives a fuck about anything except their god damn college football team, and their fucking kids.

Oh, I would also like to know a little about the local music scene as well...like, are there a lot of good local bands, and what kind of turnout do they get at their shows, and do the people at the shows actually get into the music or just sit at the bar and more or less ignore the band, no matter how good they are? The few local shows I've been to in Columbus, the bands sucked, but even if they were any good, I could tell the crowd wouldn't have budged...at a show I went to recently, for a few bands that were actually decent for a change...excluding the members of the other bands wandering around, I counted about 10 people there. It is pathetic. My band here is hopeless...the guys just don't give a shit, I'm lucky if I can get them to practice more than once a month, we're never going to get anywhere, so I'm looking to start a new band IMMEDIATELY after we move, so I need to know how that situation is if you have any experience...because in Columbus it is like pulling teeth trying to find dedicated musicians who aren't total assholes, and who happen to listen to any sort of decent music at all. Anyway, I hope you guys can give me some information, I'm counting on you Chicago people.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #41
Marqués
Demi-God

That girl has nice breasts. I'd show them off as well.
They're like symmetrical and shit.

and they're not too big.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #42
Cool As Ice Cream

yeah but what about that face? why show that in the picture?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #43
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post

I'm so glad I don't bother with that board. There's no way I couldn't sperg out over there.

And that black chick is not ugly, she's a normal person with a normal face.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #44
Cool As Ice Cream

well then the pics are too big. fookin ell

Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #45
Kahlo

Eugh Bram, I hate that Simon Bellend guy. Such a retard. He reminds me of Davin in the way that I only have to write 3 words to insult him and get a novel in return.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #46
Cool As Ice Cream

Yeah, I'm aware of that, of course. However...in this area, and in WV where I grew up, I'm fully convinced that, although of course the radio crowd will always outnumber us, the places I've lived get the worst of it. In WV because it was filled to the brim with rednecks who refuse to acknowledge any song that isn't about getting drunk and kicking your dog and driving a pickup truck and/or tractor. Columbus is basically the same situation, but on a larger scale...people here like to feign sophistication, but at the end of the day, they are just slightly more civilized rednecks...and I know those people don't exist everywhere, at least not in mass quantities. There are quite literally no music fans in this city...even the ones who pretend to be, once you get into a discussion with them, you realize they don't know as much as they would like you to think...nor do they really listen to that band on their t-shirt that they bought at hot topic...in the clearance bin. All of you give me hope, that is why I'm here so much, the people in my real life only disappoint me, but I know I can come here and no matter what I'm talking about, I know most of you will be familiar with it...all I'm looking for is a place to live where I can at least find a few people like that. I can't tell you the last time I went to a local show and saw people having an amazing time and really feeling the music, and afterwards everyone mingles, you talk to strangers and make new friends...it isn't like that here. I lived in Morgantown, WV for about 2 years and there was a great scene there for a short time, there was only one venue in the whole town, it was a really small place, but they used to get some huge bands there, and some of the local bands around there were incredible. Even beyond that, everyone at the shows got along, even if we were all total strangers, it wasn't hard to just start up a conversation with someone and bond over the band you just saw, and you become pretty good friends...but it all died out, and I moved here expecting it to be better, but no such luck.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #47
Cool As Ice Cream

To sum up...where I live, people don't care about music. I'm moving, most likely to Chicago, but I'm looking for info on the music scene in other cities. You really should read it, it explains it better, but basically...I want to live somewhere where I wouldn't piss myself and have a fucking stroke in response to overhearing someone listening to the Adore Demos or something equally obscure in their car one day...because here, that is nothing short of impossible.

By the way, Austin is a city I'm kind of interested in too, so you could actually be of assistance, if you care.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #48
Cool As Ice Cream

Ok, I could do without the fucking personal attacks, I was just asking an honest question. I don't see how I'm being a fascist by wanting to live in a place where I may actually find some people I have something in common with. I'm not interested in what strangers do either, the point of this is that I have no friends here because I can't relate to anyone I've met in the 4 years I've lived here...and it doesn't sound "silly" to me to move because of the music scene, it's kind of hard to even attempt to make a shitty living as a musician in a place with no music scene. I was just looking for some information, you guys don't have to be assholes...thanks to the couple of real answers I got.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #49
somaziro
Ownz

Quote:
To sum up...where I live, people don't care about music. I'm moving, most likely to Chicago, but I'm looking for info on the music scene in other cities. You really should read it, it explains it better, but basically...I want to live somewhere where I wouldn't piss myself and have a fucking stroke in response to overhearing someone listening to the Adore Demos or something equally obscure in their car one day...because here, that is nothing short of impossible.

By the way, Austin is a city I'm kind of interested in too, so you could actually be of assistance, if you care.
what do you want to know about austin, been here my whole life

Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #50
Cool As Ice Cream

i don't fucking care about fucking austin, you fucking sick fuck! jesus fucking christ.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #51
hnibos
Braindead

Last edited by hnibos : 08-11-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #52
Marqués
Demi-God

Any scene with folk punk would be horrible to be a part of.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #53
hnibos
Braindead

Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #54
Cool As Ice Cream

why the hell would anyone be move to the usa? lol.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #55
Kahlo

haha, I posted:

Quote:
lol crybaby
and recieved:

Quote:
Machinist, if you are as much of a miserable prick in real life as you are here, i can't believe someone hasn't slit your fucking throat yet. Fuck you guys, i quit.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #56
Kahlo

back to making fun of o-boarders!!

Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #57
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

Keeping it real

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s.../LOLedit-1.jpg

Old 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #58
somaziro
Ownz

Quote:
i don't fucking care about fucking austin, you fucking sick fuck! jesus fucking christ.
it's still a sweet town =)

Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #59
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
I think if I heard Blank Page being played, I would immediately bolt out of my car and run up and insist to that person that we be best friends.
god damn it

Old 08-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #60
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by somaziro View Post
what do you want to know about austin, been here my whole life
why do you want hipster tourists coming to live here because it's some kind of music mecca which it's really not i mean there's still plenty of fucking garbage BOB SCHNEIDER!!! all over the fucking place and sweet bros and it's basically just a huge party town with some kind of hipster colony, it's not Venice in the 16th century shit

TRAFFIC SUCKS BAD ENOUGH LETS DEHYPE THIS FUCKING PLACE