Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis123
yeah right

hahaha

Old 01-27-2007, 01:53 AM   #33
Averageprheight
Banned

I would not mind this one bit.

The first Third Eye Blind album is IMO the best pop-rock album of the 90's.
Brilliant from start to finish.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:43 AM   #34
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

oh for christ sake not this bullshit again. THEY SUCK. this is an undeniable fact, check the thread by that name in the general boards, or just fuck off. its james or nothing, no third eye blind... i cant believe that even needs to be said.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 AM   #35
Averageprheight
Banned

It's not James or nothing though...

They will need another guitarist if James isn't in.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:05 AM   #36
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

they should call the whole thing off if james isnt in. the pumpkins were more than other bands... thats why netphoria stays alive. the interchangable lineup wont work for them, they took enough of a blow when darcy left and that trashy new metal nightmare melissa joined up. the pumpkins threaded the needle back in the 90s and will need to be firing on all cylinders to do it again.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #37
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Ayup

Old 01-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #38
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

I just think Billy should stand up cardboard cutouts of Darcy and James to his left and right,

then, at the end of each show he could set both of them on fire and he and Jimmy could walk off the stage leaving both of them burning!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #39
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
they should call the whole thing off if james isnt in. the pumpkins were more than other bands... thats why netphoria stays alive. the interchangable lineup wont work for them, they took enough of a blow when darcy left and that trashy new metal nightmare melissa joined up. the pumpkins threaded the needle back in the 90s and will need to be firing on all cylinders to do it again.
Just as long as you're not serious about them sewing. We could, however, call them the Smashing Seamstresses if it comes down to it!

Last edited by zsp77 : 01-28-2007 at 12:37 AM.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #40
solacematt
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
they took enough of a blow when darcy left and that trashy new metal nightmare melissa joined up. .
Are you joking? D'arcy played on MACHINA, not Melissa. And Melissa isn't a new metal bass player, she is however a better bass player than D'arcy is.
-matt

Old 01-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #41
???
Minion of Satan

hey guys, its "nu" metal.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #42
Travis_Wright
Ownz

i saw 3eb live in 2000 and they were fucking amazing, they matched the energy of sp when they did the mellon collie tour. if any member of 3eb joined pumpkins it would be incredible.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #43
???
Minion of Satan

cool name, shame about the band. don't get any of those guys in sp please.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #44
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by solacematt
Are you joking? D'arcy played on MACHINA, not Melissa. And Melissa isn't a new metal bass player, she is however a better bass player than D'arcy is.
-matt
ugh... did i say she played on the album?

Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #45
hnibos
Braindead

skill: melissa > darcy

personality darcy > melissa

Old 01-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #46
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

fag

Old 01-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #47
Effloresce
Banned

I really can't see this happening. Just because some interviewer asked him if he'd join and he said yes should not imply that he is joining.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #48
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

It was all hypothetical, and id say im 100% sure hes not, just wanted to get a reaction

Old 01-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #49
Travis_Wright
Ownz

yeah besides ted nugent replaced james anyway.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #50
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

im still shocked this is a thread. for some reason i dont understand how people can love teb and tsp. sorry if im offending anyone, i always thought it was a well known fact that third eye blind sucks ass? sure everyone has the first album, but amongst my friends we pull it out as a joke. "remember how shitty this was?" its like people who love nirvana and love bush, or think stone temple pilots were actually a really great band right up there with the grunge bands i like to call the big 4. yes, the pop rock of the 90s was hilarious, but no, it was not good music.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #51
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

Its all opinion guys... Im sure I can find plenty of people who say Smashing Pumpkins cant sing and are whiny...for every person who says 90s pop was worthless. I like to think of these two bands as music for 2 different worlds...I can rock out to Smashing Pumpkins with my headphones/in my room, but how many of you can honestly say alot of your high school friends had an appreciation for the Smashing Pumpkins. 3eb can be played at a party and people wont flip out. Although maybe this is just cuz i goto a catholic hs that has no musical taste lol

Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #52
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

ive got yr back, blissedandgone2.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #53
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

my bad thought it was someone else...(ignore this)

Last edited by bja1288 : 01-28-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #54
silverfrick
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissedandGone2
im still shocked this is a thread. for some reason i dont understand how people can love teb and tsp. sorry if im offending anyone, i always thought it was a well known fact that third eye blind sucks ass? sure everyone has the first album, but amongst my friends we pull it out as a joke. "remember how shitty this was?" its like people who love nirvana and love bush, or think stone temple pilots were actually a really great band right up there with the grunge bands i like to call the big 4. yes, the pop rock of the 90s was hilarious, but no, it was not good music.

Why does 3eb suck ass? Because their music has stronger pop sensibilities than what you are used to and only shallow people who wear A & F listen to it? Give me some reasons please. I can think of a few myself but would still overall tell you they are a good band.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:06 AM   #55
byoung88
Demi-God

3eb was and still is great

Old 01-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #56
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I'm surprised everyone is being so lovey towards this band too. I kind of agree with BlissedandGone2.... These bands are leagues apart. 3eb, as catchy or whatever as they may be, are just a pop band. They will never be anything more than a pop band. The Smashing Pumpkins are one of the greatest rock bands of all time. This thread is ridiculous.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 AM   #57
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

seriously

Old 01-29-2007, 03:37 AM   #58
boynameddarcy
Demi-God

A guy stopped liking me because I bought the Third Eye Blind album. I'll never forget that

Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 AM   #59
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bja1288
Its all opinion guys... Im sure I can find plenty of people who say Smashing Pumpkins cant sing and are whiny...for every person who says 90s pop was worthless. I like to think of these two bands as music for 2 different worlds...I can rock out to Smashing Pumpkins with my headphones/in my room, but how many of you can honestly say alot of your high school friends had an appreciation for the Smashing Pumpkins. 3eb can be played at a party and people wont flip out. Although maybe this is just cuz i goto a catholic hs that has no musical taste lol
first of all, obviously its all opinion. that isnt to say someones opinion might not be completely wrong. Im not saying im always right, but i am saying that there were two clear sides to 90s rock music. one side is the originators who helped adapt what they loved about the best of the music that came before them into something creative and fresh and one side is all the groups who watered down and copied aspects of originators claiming to be right along side them although the copiers musicianship and emotional capabilities are usually compromised and lacking and is half of the reason they cant be directly creative. it happens with every great movement of music and even art in general and leads into an artistic doldrum. this usually leads to a renaisance, such as the late 80s hair metal era before the 90's alternative rise.

it very well just be my opinion, but i think third eye blind is a really boring, chessy version of a lot of music i love. as a musician myself i dont find them respectable in terms of musicianship. you might throw the argument that the most popular of all the early 90s alt rock bands, one who was thought to be "the pioneer" of it all, was lead by a man whos skills and technique were clearly lacking, but if you ask me, his approach on musical dynamics and reflection of punk rock music , not to mention his ability to write and reflect on emotional instabilities in a shocking, original, truthful way, was so creative and blatant at the same time that it outshined any lack of ability elsewhere.

bottom line, i don't hear what is creative about third eye blind's music, i hear a very generalized version of alternative rock and therefore (in my mind) they cant even be compared to the smashing pumpkins unless you were to point out what teb is lacking. i think the smashing pumpkins transcend beyond so many genres of music, including the nitch the great nirvana found themselves in, and in so they are, (in my eyes), the most creative and musically astute bands of all the bands to surf off of the 90s wave. they were and hopefully still are a brilliantly dynamic band and in that, they never once took what they loved and took it into tasteless direction.

teb is weak in comparrison and bland even without comparison.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:29 AM   #60
SP4Me
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissedandGone2
Wow.

I've been a Pumpkins fan since I was 13 and I am now 25. I can honestly say they have been my absolute favorite band since the very first time I heard them. In my eyes there is no one else like them, I love them above all other bands, musicians, etc....

However, I love lots of music.... Bon Jovi, Rob Thomas, Nirvana, and get this... Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson, heck I even like some country! Do I love them like the Pumpkins? No way! But I do like them, and I do listen. Certain types of musicians and music touch different people in different ways. I can honestly say the only music I don't care for is Rap.

I just don't think its fair to say how can someone who likes SP like TEB as well.

That is almost a stereotype... Its like saying that a certain kind of person likes SP and that certain kind of person can't like TEB.

Its funny....when people ask me who my favorite the band is and I say the Pumpkins, the look on their face is priceless. They can't believe it... They say I don't look like the type who likes the Pumpkins. What the heck does that mean? I've actually been told by someone that they picture Pumpkin fans as the grungy, dirty type. Needless to say, I about freaked out. So, just because I'm a girl, who acts like a girl and dresses girly, I surely can't be a Pumpkins fan, but any dirtball walking up the street would qualify. Stereotypes tick me off!

Sorry, I hope you aren't upset with my post. I'm not out to start a fight... I just needed to get that off my chest, it wasn't even really aimed at you personally, its actually something I've been thinking about a lot lately.